Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO THIS YEARS PLAYER OF THE YEAR DO

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 am

SO THIS YEARS PLAYER OF THE YEAR DO will be after the QPR Home game and the time much earlier, Hmm, Last year it was Cancelled and This Year it is being held at a time when We Wont Know how City Will Do in the League, Never before in Our hIstory has This happened Hmm

Re: SO THIS YEARS PLAYER OF THE YEAR DO

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:09 am

It's not as bad as the FA player of the season awards, which were announced last week! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:SO THIS YEARS PLAYER OF THE YEAR DO will be after the QPR Home game and the time much earlier, Hmm, Last year it was Cancelled and This Year it is being held at a time when We Wont Know how City Will Do in the League, Never before in Our hIstory has This happened Hmm

I'm thinking it early just incase we dont go up and a certain DJ wont take stick

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:SO THIS YEARS PLAYER OF THE YEAR DO will be after the QPR Home game and the time much earlier, Hmm, Last year it was Cancelled and This Year it is being held at a time when We Wont Know how City Will Do in the League, Never before in Our hIstory has This happened Hmm

Will they be holding last years player of the year award at the same time? :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am

let's hope that we are still in the hunt for a automatic spot after the game else i think there maybe an edge to the evening.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 am

The PoY do is normally after the last home game of the season. Our last home game against Middlesborough has been moved to monday night for Sky, 5:15pm ko.

So who's up for a monday night bash, starting at around 9pm I would have thought - with work in the morning.

Also, if we end up in the play-offs it is a distraction we don't need. If we held it later and failed in the play-offs, the atmosphere may be "tense" lol.

Best get it over and out of the way imo, especially to avoid the fiasco of last season - there'd be enough criticism if it were cancelled again wouldn't there.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 am

Rumour has it a certain centre forward will be sat on the floor glaring at the waiter having claimed his steak wasn't medium rare when it clearly was...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 am

well seeing as they hve moved last home game to a monday i dont think there was any other date
always has been after last home match, so wouldnt read anything into it

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 am

I assume the cutlery won't be made of steel this year!

I've always been excited at the prospect of attended one of the player of the year nights before but I don't feel there is any relationship between most of the players and the fans so it doesn't bother me when the night is. I don't see any point in going.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm

How many players are going to be there as we've got Preston away on MONDAY!!!!!!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Annis whats are the costs, I want to book a table for work? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 pm

£55 per person, i think?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:34 pm

ninianblue wrote:£55 per person, i think?

Cheers NB :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Dange wrote:Annis whats are the costs, I want to book a table for work? :ayatollah:

£50 per person, No Free Wine this year.
I wont be going.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dange wrote:Annis whats are the costs, I want to book a table for work? :ayatollah:

£50 per person, No Free Wine this year.
I wont be going.

But they never search for hip flasks...d'oh until they read this that is ;)

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 pm

what a load of bollox that is, we want a premier party, or an end of season party ,and they want 55 quid for that????