Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIGHT LETS GET OFF BEN STEELES BACK

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 pm

And give him a chance, he has done nothing wrong yet and has said he wants to BUY OUR CLUB SO WE SHOULD BACK HIM,Even if we have doubts were in a desperate position and need someone.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: RIGHT LETS GET OFF BEN STEELES BACK

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:35 pm

well said Annis, agree 100%

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And give him a chance, he has done nothing wrong yet and has said he wants to BUY OUR CLUB SO WE SHOULD BACK HIM,Even if we have doubts were in a desperate position and need someone.

100% We should be all praying everything will be sorted A.S.A.P.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:40 pm

yes 100%. respect.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:44 pm

I appreciate what your saying. I also appreciate that although your a shareholder that would 100% be the least thing in your mind when you say it but I can't help thinking that admin would not be such a bad thing. I'm probably not conversant enough with the financial implications of this but from a layman would our debt not be cancelled overnight and would we not become an extremely viable proposition? I understand there is a points deduction but what other penalty is put upon us?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Benny Steele my lord, Benny Steele, ohhhhhhhhh lord Benny Steele................. It'll take some getting use to :roll:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Ben is no fool. To be worth £160-200 Million at his age, he is a shrewd business man.

Whoever buys us is going to try and make money on us. We are in a good position to be bought at present, if the Riddler is gone, and any purchaser could reap the rewards of their investment if we make the Premiership. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm

stan wrote:I appreciate what your saying. I also appreciate that although your a shareholder that would 100% be the least thing in your mind when you say it but I can't help thinking that admin would not be such a bad thing. I'm probably not conversant enough with the financial implications of this but from a layman would our debt not be cancelled overnight and would we not become an extremely viable proposition? I understand there is a points deduction but what other penalty is put upon us?

Any assets in the club would be sold, including players..

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Agree, lets give him time and a chance to prove his worth. We are desperate for investment and if he puts his money in like he intends then it will be just what the club needs, so come on for now lets get behind him and back him 100%. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 pm

welshman wrote:
stan wrote:I appreciate what your saying. I also appreciate that although your a shareholder that would 100% be the least thing in your mind when you say it but I can't help thinking that admin would not be such a bad thing. I'm probably not conversant enough with the financial implications of this but from a layman would our debt not be cancelled overnight and would we not become an extremely viable proposition? I understand there is a points deduction but what other penalty is put upon us?

Any assets in the club would be sold, including players..

who would own the ground?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And give him a chance, he has done nothing wrong yet and has said he wants to BUY OUR CLUB SO WE SHOULD BACK HIM,Even if we have doubts were in a desperate position and need someone.

Are things so bad that we can't wait for other interests ?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 pm

We must be dull, steele is full of shit :roll:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 pm

He had to prove he had the money but when PR asked him for his pin number he said that was going a bit to far

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:

The others have had enough time.Perhaps its them who are the time wasters. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:05 pm

davdil wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:

The others have had enough time.Perhaps its them who are the time wasters. :ayatollah:

Good point mate ............... We gotta go for someone who is up for it i guess

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm

As long as our debts are written off and the club is ran like a business then I will have no problem with Mr Steele.

We need investments, but lets also be realistic. We are not going to be taken over by billionaires and become the next Chelsea/Man City.

We have to take what we can get to get ourselves out of this mess. If Mr Steele is the man to do it then I wish him the best of luck getting us to the premiership.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 pm

He sound ok but reading other threads the things that get me are? Please correct me if iam wrong

Why is steele only dealing with PR?

Why does Borley think the Malaysians are our only hope?

It still doesnt take away the fact that PR has lied?

Looks like he wants PR to stay.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:25 pm

i said this from the begining lol.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Without doubt Steele coming in and taking over is alot better situation than the one we have now. However do we settle for that or look for more? I will only relax when we get our promised new players in. If that does not happen then I'm going to suspect a rats going to smell around here.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Disagree on this one

Dont like his attitude - Having a pop at the fans, turns up to one game and at the end of it says he is buying club. Raises more questions than it answers in my opinion

He has fallen for PR's bullshit

Buying the club after one visit

Due dilligence

Is he really aware of the debt that is owned

Not convinced by his background

personally I would rather someone who takes there time and gets to the bottom of what is really happening such as the malaysians and then show PR for what he really is

Honestly - WOuld you all hand over 40 million this quickly after reading about our plight - Quite SImply NO

I would be max offering 15 pence per share if it was me ?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:48 pm

I never got on his back. Some knuckle-draggers did, though.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Dobbin wrote:Disagree on this one

Dont like his attitude - Having a pop at the fans, turns up to one game and at the end of it says he is buying club. Raises more questions than it answers in my opinion

Due dilligence

totally agree with this....I can see a PR mark 2, we need investors asap but I'd rather the malaysians if possible

personally I would rather someone who takes there time and gets to the bottom of what is really happening such as the malaysians and then show PR for what he really is

Honestly - WOuld you all hand over 40 million this quickly after reading about our plight - Quite SImply NO

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Due dilligence

I am not saying he is the right man, far from it, but lets just give him a chance.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Due dilligence

I am not saying he is the right man, far from it, but lets just give him a chance.

Not saying he is the wrong man but lets look at Portsmouth rushing takeovers just to sort short term and now look at them

Just think when you are dealing with 40 million pound take overs would rather the quiet, thorough approach than the loud brash one

Nothing against the guy just dont like his style !

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Dobbin, you have a good point and I dont really believe in him, but at the moment beggers cant be choosers, I want the Malaysians in.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dobbin, you have a good point and I dont really believe in him, but at the moment beggers cant be choosers, I want the Malaysians in.

You have a good business head - I am sure you would not have pulled a stunt like this today in a multi million pound take over

They say trust your gut feeling and mine is steer clear - I was taught in business if you think it is too goos to be true it normally is and thats what smacks of this alledged takeover

If he does take over he will have to convince me - I just hope we are not short sighted

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 am

Think he would be right for the club.

Problem is whether PR is prepared to negotiate with him and do us a favour !

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 am

CornwallBluebird wrote:Think he would be right for the club.

Problem is whether PR is prepared to negotiate with him and do us a favour !

pr would only be negotiating what is right for pr and not the club.
i understand that ben steele has had the same due diligence pack that was given to the malaysians which should expose the shortcomings of the chairman
whoever comes into the club will know that they have to rid themselves of pr because the fans will never forgive him for these last three months of bullshit lies and spin

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 am

I'd rather the club had a british owner than some foreigners!