Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"RENEW BY APRIL 18TH OR ELSE" - CCFC

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2328274,00.html

In a nutshell:

- No more season tickets for sale after April 18th
- Payment plan still available
- You can't wait to see if we go up before deciding whether to renew/buy a season ticket for next season

Reading between the lines, the club will not sell any more season tickets should we get promoted so that they can maximise match-day revenue - makes good business sense.

If you havent renewed, get down CCS :ayatollah:

Re: "RENEW BY APRIL 18TH OR ELSE" - CCFC

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Nice to see the club trying to screw over the loyal fans. There are many people such as myself who want to renew their season ticket but are not in a financial position to do so at the moment. I'm not asking the club reserve my seat as I don't care where I sit. But at the moment, I'm still waiting on a start date for my new job and don't want to purchase a ticket until its all confirmed.

Its a load of bollocks and I hope the club know that threatening paying fans is not going to be a successful tactic.

If this is how the club feels, then they can go f**k themselves if they think fans like me are going to get themselves into debt for them to gain another £350.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Years ago as a season ticket holder you had until the end of the season sometimes longer to renew your seat altho financial incentives were put in place to enable fans to buy early and save money ......... this season it seems that ALL season ticket holders who didnt renew yesterday can , in effect , lose their current seats come the end of this month ! Dont know if the price has gone up from today tho ??

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm

This deadline seems very strange to me, unless the club are waiting to see what the final outcome of the season is. I dare say IF we were promoted, there would be a "rush" for season tickets, & this would hike up the price's. Economic & financial sense or what?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:23 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Nice to see the club trying to screw over the loyal fans. There are many people such as myself who want to renew their season ticket but are not in a financial position to do so at the moment. I'm not asking the club reserve my seat as I don't care where I sit. But at the moment, I'm still waiting on a start date for my new job and don't want to purchase a ticket until its all confirmed.

Its a load of bollocks and I hope the club know that threatening paying fans is not going to be a successful tactic.

If this is how the club feels, then they can go f**k themselves if they think fans like me are going to get themselves into debt for them to gain another £350.

Hannah they will put them back on sale I am sure and this is highlighted in the paragraph from the link above where it states "Season Tickets will be on sale from now until the close of business on Monday April 18. After this time the Club will not be selling anymore season tickets until further notice."

Until further notice is the key there I reckon.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Nice to see the club trying to screw over the loyal fans. There are many people such as myself who want to renew their season ticket but are not in a financial position to do so at the moment. I'm not asking the club reserve my seat as I don't care where I sit. But at the moment, I'm still waiting on a start date for my new job and don't want to purchase a ticket until its all confirmed.

Hannah they will put them back on sale I am sure and this is highlighted in the paragraph from the link above where it states "Season Tickets will be on sale from now until the close of business on Monday April 18. After this time the Club will not be selling anymore season tickets until further notice."

Fingers crossed Carl. I've spent a fortune following City, especially over the last 2 seasons. I will be very upset if they don't put them back on sale.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:27 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Fingers crossed Carl. I've spent a fortune following Ci

ty, especially over the last 2 seasons. I will be very upset if they don't put them back on sale.

THEY WILL DEF BE PUT BACK ON SALE.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:35 pm

This same subject has come up after the ST deadline for Ambassadors every year for the last 3 years! The club ALWAYS put them back on sale, regardless of sales. They are too predictable. I wouldn't be worried... ;) :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Hannah this system has got its good and bad points , for loyal fans who cant afford it it doesnt seem right, but on the other hand all the glory hunters who will wait to see what division we are in, serves them right that they wont be able to get one i was struggling due to probs with car etc so i took the 5 monthly instalments plan suits me fine

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gonzo wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2328274,00.html

In a nutshell:

- No more season tickets for sale after April 18th
- Payment plan still available
- You can't wait to see if we go up before deciding whether to renew/buy a season ticket for next season

Reading between the lines, the club will not sell any more season tickets should we get promoted so that they can maximise match-day revenue - makes good business sense.

If you havent renewed, get down CCS :ayatollah:

SOUNDS OF DESPERATION.
They have Only Sold 11,000, So theyve come up with This plan,Which Will change, I've Renewed My Family of 4 as Always., You either Want to Buy them or You Dont.

I think people have misread and misunderstood what the club has said about this.Some have taken a normal marketing campaign to be "desperation".

It is quite normal for clubs to set a deadline for "special offers" on season tickets . In the case of CCFC this was the reserved seat deadline of yesterday then the one next month re the current prices. There will then be a gap in time , before tickets again become available for sale. So those who renew earlier probably get the best deals - its a marketing policy followed by loads of clubs and nothing unusual at all.

Keith

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

Keith

I'm so glad there are people like you on this message board who inform people of the FACTS.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:53 am

McMurdo wrote:This same subject has come up after the ST deadline for Ambassadors every year for the last 3 years! The club ALWAYS put them back on sale, regardless of sales. They are too predictable. I wouldn't be worried... ;) :lol:

IF we are in the premiership they should take advantage and just sell matchday tickets to maximise.

The choice is there for everyone, buy now or take a chance.

You can't complain that's the real world.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 am

Bluebina wrote:
McMurdo wrote:This same subject has come up after the ST deadline for Ambassadors every year for the last 3 years! The club ALWAYS put them back on sale, regardless of sales. They are too predictable. I wouldn't be worried... ;) :lol:

IF we are in the premiership they should take advantage and just sell matchday tickets to maximise.

The choice is there for everyone, buy now or take a chance.

You can't complain that's the real world.

I agree completely.