Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LET'S ALL CHILL A LITTLE

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I have just read 2 or 3 threads on here regarding Sunday's update. Many of you are getting wound up over nothing, I am sure Jay was a little pissed off yesterday after certain things that happened at our club recently and that was the reason for his comments on Twitter and I believe those certain things will be for the better for our team.

It is a very interesting and explosive but NOT damaging update, so for all you who believe I am a legend in my own mind or I have an agenda or many of the other comments made just relax, I am a City fan through and through like you, I would not deliver any news that may harm our prospects on the pitch.

I have in the past put out the full team but since receiving constructive criticism from some quarters have stopped doing so.

When there was a punch up in the QPR dressing room between 2 players I did not put it out until many weeks after the event and even Dave Jones himself admitted there had been dressing room rows.

So come back and read the update on Sunday but for now let's not attack each other and get behind the team and support them on to a massive win tomorrow.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: LET'S ALL CHILL A LITTLE

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:20 pm

well said :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Looking forward to it Carl and well said mate. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Pardon me for butting in but instead of building it up and having it fester with everyone's speculation, why don't you just tell everyone what you supposedly know now?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just read 2 or 3 threads on here regarding Sunday's update. Many of you are getting wound up over nothing, I am sure Jay was a little pissed off yesterday after certain things that happened at our club recently and that was the reason for his comments on Twitter and I believe those certain things will be for the better for our team.

It is a very interesting and explosive but NOT damaging update, so for all you who believe I am a legend in my own mind or I have an agenda or many of the other comments made just relax, I am a City fan through and through like you, I would not deliver any news that may harm our prospects on the pitch.

I have in the past put out the full team but since receiving constructive criticism from some quarters have stopped doing so.

When there was a punch up in the QPR dressing room between 2 players I did not put it out until many weeks after the event and even Dave Jones himself admitted there had been dressing room rows.

So come back and read the update on Sunday but for now let's not attack each other and get behind the team and support them on to a massive win tomorrow.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fair enough, as long as thats right and its not gonna damage our promotion hopes then there's no problem

all i/we all care about is us going up this year

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Bellamy swang a punch at Bothroyd. It didn't connect, Jay having already dived to the floor seconds before. Jay then sat on his bum, stratching his hands out appealing to DJ for the free kick...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:37 pm

With all due respect Carl, you've been building this up with words like "explosive", you can't then ask people to chill.

If you want people to chill, say it now. Or not at all.

Just my opinion.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:37 pm

nerd wrote:Bellamy swang a punch at Bothroyd. It didn't connect, Jay having already dived to the floor seconds before. Jay then sat on his bum, stratching his hands out appealing to DJ for the free kick...

many a true thing said in jest nerd ;)

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Carl I for one look forward to reading what you have learned during the week. Players come and go but the one true factor is we as fans will stay loyal to our club. Please remember the number of fans who look forward to your updates. Perhaps those slagging you off are the same people that slate Jay for falling on his arse on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:45 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Perhaps those slagging you off are the same people that slate Jay for falling on his arse on a regular basis.

Jeez, who's slagging Carl off???? All we're doing is having a debate aren't we?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Totally agree Carl! People blowing it way out of proportion and then checking some of their historical posts is such a brilliant way to cheer myself up! :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm

:lol: :lol: f*cking loves it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:08 pm

carl's right lets just chill a little, or this club is going to be torn apart in one of the most important months in the club's history by slagging the players off we are pressing the self destruct button, our rivals are loving it

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:Pardon me for butting in but instead of building it up and having it fester with everyone's speculation, why don't you just tell everyone what you supposedly know now?

Well Said Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And Jack its an UPDATE FOR CARDIFF CITY FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:17 pm

TH63 wrote:With all due respect Carl, you've been building this up with words like "explosive", you can't then ask people to chill.

If you want people to chill, say it now. Or not at all.

Just my opinion.

I am promoting an update that I believe will satisfy our fans that certain things did happen over the course of the previous week or so, there is no need for me to write it all up now as I have many other things to do right now and I am not being cocky in saying that but I am literally up to my eyes in it.

I am just telling people that the word explosive does not mean damaging. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm

NJ73 wrote:Pardon me for butting in but instead of building it up and having it fester with everyone's speculation, why don't you just tell everyone what you supposedly know now?

Your excused but if I supposedly know, why would you be bothered either way ?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:20 pm

TH63 wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Perhaps those slagging you off are the same people that slate Jay for falling on his arse on a regular basis.

In fairness, maybe he is talking about other threads where people have said some not so kind remarks shall we say which I highlighted in my post at the top.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I think people need to grow the hell up. If Carl wants to hype up his updates, who cares? If you don't like it, then don't bloody read it :roll:

Carl, whether its good or bads news, I'll be reading your updates. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:26 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I think people need to grow the hell up. If Carl wants to hype up his updates, who cares? If you don't like it, then don't bloody read it :roll:

Cheers Hannah :ayatollah:

I can understand why people would get upset at me for saying something that could damage the club at present but that is not the case, all because of the word explosive has caught peoples attention and some have gone off on a tangent and think that it means damaging, which simply put is not true.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I think people need to grow the hell up. If Carl wants to hype up his updates, who cares? If you don't like it, then don't bloody read it :roll:

I can understand why people would get upset at me for saying something that could damage the club at present but that is not the case, all because of the word explosive has caught peoples attention and some have gone off on a tangent and think that it means damaging, which simply put is not true.

Its me who Hypes them up :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Little scamp :lol: ;)

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Your damaging me Annis :shock:

Right I am ringing you cause I just found out some amazing news and you will be ecstatic to hear it :toothy8:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TH63 wrote:

In fairness, maybe he is talking about other threads where people have said some not so kind remarks shall we say which I highlighted in my post at the top.

Fairy snuff Carl. I enjoy having a debate with people, as Annis often says, it's all about opinions. Just because someone disagrees it doesn't mean they're slagging someone off or are Anti-whoever.

I frequently disagree with the missus, doesn't mean I'm anti-wife.......ok, bad example!!! :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Cheers Hannah :ayatollah:

Your damaging me Annis :shock:

Right I am ringing you cause I just found out some amazing news and you will be ecstatic to hear it :toothy8:

Now that's got me interested god I hope it's something about Sam coming back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oops I hope I haven't lit the blue touch paper with that comment. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:56 pm

You can tell me in the pub tomorrow Carl :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Carl you can PM the team if you like :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Love it.

Carl can should give any update he chooses, the popularity of his updates will depend on how shocking/informative/debate inducing/accurate they are.
Annis will hype it because its in his interest to do so. The more people talk about them, the more people will visit the site. And good luck to him.
People can love them or hate them. But everyone will have an opinion. Seems even Jacks come on here to read them!!!
What they shouldn't do is influence professional footballers, and I dont believe it truly does.

If they are 90% accurate or 90% nonsense should have no bearing on how players perform. In DJs book he says that he tells his players not to read them.

So...
I love 'em. Keep 'em coming! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Your excused but if I supposedly know, why would you be bothered either way ?

NJ is a closet Bluebird. :lol:

In all seriousness though he does have a point. Then again someone on here does like to keep us members in suspense. However anyone who takes these updates as gospel, well the only people getting them wound up are themselves. The updates should be treated as fun and we should all not get too serious about them. Carl might have an insider but I doubt very much its TG, Jenkins or his hero Dave Jones. So whoever it is I would say knows something but more important knows things that might not be spot on. I mean how many of us on here say things at work that dont materialise?

Come on guys lighten up. I know Carl and he does not post on here to deceive people but keep in mind his source witrhin the club can get it wrong as well.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:11 pm

TH63 wrote:Fairy snuff Carl. I enjoy having a debate with people, as Annis often says, it's all about opinions. Just because someone disagrees it doesn't mean they're slagging someone off or are Anti-whoever.

I frequently disagree with the missus, doesn't mean I'm anti-wife.......ok, bad example!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:12 pm

griff105 wrote:Love it.

Carl can should give any update he chooses, the popularity of his updates will depend on how shocking/informative/debate inducing/accurate they are.
Annis will hype it because its in his interest to do so. The more people talk about them, the more people will visit the site. And good luck to him.
People can love them or hate them. But everyone will have an opinion. Seems even Jacks come on here to read them!!!
What they shouldn't do is influence professional footballers, and I dont believe it truly does.

If they are 90% accurate or 90% nonsense should have no bearing on how players perform. In DJs book he says that he tells his players not to read them.

So...
I love 'em. Keep 'em coming! :ayatollah:

Griff that is an excellent way of saying it as it is :ayatollah: