Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This ''UPDATE'' on Sunday.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Can't you keep it til the end of the season Carl? For christ sake let's get behind the team til the very end of the season then say what you like. Jay is a quality player and plays a pivotal role in our side, and giving out information about him on this MB will more than likely dent his confidence even more.

Re: This ''UPDATE'' on Sunday.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Well said :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Mashy wrote:Can't you keep it til the end of the season Carl? For christ sake let's get behind the team til the very end of the season then say what you like. Jay is a quality player and plays a pivotal role in our side, and giving out information about him on this MB will more than likely dent his confidence even more.

Jay used to be a quality player. And he used to play a Pivotal role in our side. At present he does neither. And i would rather play the beast. but if i thought for one second that Carl's update would influence Jay's performance i would agree with you Chief. But he has been shit for Months and i am sure he will be the same tomorrow . If Jay gives a 100% tomorrow then i will back him for as long as he plays for us. But if not i have the right to view my opinion on here and i will. But you raise a debate and an important one .

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Mashy wrote:Can't you keep it til the end of the season Carl? For christ sake let's get behind the team til the very end of the season then say what you like. Jay is a quality player and plays a pivotal role in our side, and giving out information about him on this MB will more than likely dent his confidence even more.

Jay used to be a quality player. And he used to play a Pivotal role in our side. At present he does neither. And i would rather play the beast. but if i thought for one second that Carl's update would influence Jay's performance i would agree with you Chief. But he has been shit for Months and i am sure he will be the same tomorrow . If Jay gives a 100% tomorrow then i will back him for as long as he plays for us. But if not i have the right to view my opinion on here and i will. But you raise a debate and an important one .

One of the most important statement to make on a forum :lol: (bit in bold) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm

none of us know what Carl is going to say yet .................. so give the man a chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 pm

why dont he post it now then

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:why dont he post it now then

waiting for tomorrows result first prolly :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Because the site won't get as many hits if he did that which is the whole point of the "update".

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 pm

He didn't have time tonight as he is very busy... And it wouldn't matter would it if carl posted it now, because Jay already believes everything off here is nonsense and 90% rubbish! And besides, Jay wouldn't see it til Sunday to see if he wanted to reply to carls update...

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 pm

please say its not about jay :lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 pm

If any of you were at the Millwall game you would have seen that Jay improved greatly, he fell over once or twice yes.. but got up instantly and generally looked interested again. He was very good imo and if he didn't go off injured I would have tipped him for a goal because he was very dangerous in the first 20 minutes.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 pm

I think the update will be all about the board meeting this week with Dave Jones and what was said , from what i heard tonight its pretty explosive stuff alright.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:49 am

NJ73 wrote:

Because the site won't get as many hits if he did that which is the whole point of the "update".

You cynic you. Do you mean to say by increasing the numer of views it increases the value of advertising etc for the site?! :o

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:34 am

Jay Bothroyd features in the update on Sunday but the explosive part is NOT about him, will everyone keep their freaking hair on.

The facebook messages, the pm's, the texts are getting ott now.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 am

carlccfc wrote:Jay Bothroyd features in the update on Sunday but the explosive part is NOT about him, will everyone keep their freaking hair on.

:ayatollah: its like a world war has started mun

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am

carlccfc wrote:Jay Bothroyd features in the update on Sunday but the explosive part is NOT about him, will everyone keep their freaking hair on.

Carl

I think that most of the problem is the use of the phrase "explosive".

I know you have said that the revelations will be explosive but not damaging but , by any definition of the word , I can`t see how "explosive" can not be damaging.

Also , if Steve Day is right in saying that your revalations will be about what was said at a board meeting , then someone at board level would have to be leaking information and that must surely be damaging as it would be in direct breach of their director`s fiduciary duties (could lead to penalties up to and including a jail sentence).Are the owners setting a trap for someone? Afer all , it would be pretty easy to prove who the source of the leak is as there are so few people attending the meetings.

If it is a non-director employee who happens to have access to information discussed at the meeting or confidential paperwork, then leaking it would be a breach of employment contract and could lead to a dismissal.Again , are the owners setting a trap for someone?

Keith

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 am

since62 wrote:

Carl

I know you have said that the revelations will be explosive but not damaging but , by any definition of the word , I can`t see how "explosive" can not be damaging.

Also , if Steve Day is right in saying that your revalations will be about what was said at a board meeting , then someone at board level would have to be leaking information and that must surely be damaging as it would be in direct breach of their director`s fiduciary duties (could lead to penalties up to and including a jail sentence).Are the owners setting a trap for someone? Afer all , it would be pretty easy to prove who the source of the leak is as there are so few people attending the meetings.

If it is a non-director employee who happens to have access to information discussed at the meeting or confidential paperwork, then leaking it would be a breach of employment contract and could lead to a dismissal.Again , are the owners setting a trap for someone?

Keith

Keith,

If I am Honest, Daya must have his own info as what happened in the board room does not feature in the update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
since62 wrote:

Carl

Keith

Keith,

If I am Honest, Daya must have his own info as what happened in the board room does not feature in the update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what board meeting was that then and what day was it on :!:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
since62 wrote:

Carl

Keith

Keith,

Fair enough.

If the "update" is to reveal which Premiership club one of our current loan players has agreed to sign for next season , would this also not be better disclosed after the season end in case it causes an adverse reaction or at least until the player himself chooses to announce it?

If the "explosive" news really is a positive and have no negative impact on the club , I am all in favour of disclosing it as soon as possible (as I am sure the club would be), so why wait until Sunday?

Keith

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Carl

Keith[/quote]

Keith,

If I am Honest, Daya must have his own info as what happened in the board room does not feature in the update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

what board meeting was that then and what day was it on :!:[/quote]

Didnt ask to be honest was at a wedding and had more interesting things on my mind like all the Totty!!! Dunno if it was a board meeting but it was a discussion between the Malaysians and the Manager and the view of the board apparantly, top source of course always known his stuff.

Saw the Riddler in Lancaster last Weds too that was quite amusing as always he was in fine form!