Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Great result but............

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:39 pm

yes theres always a but, tuesday is far more important, we got the 5th spot just and we need to stay in the play offs.

This week is going to be a big big week for the club off it but the players must produce a result not so much a performance on it on tuesday.

Re: Great result but............

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm

I thought once Burke came on and Whittingham switched to CM we became a different team. Before that it was pointless long balls up to Jay who tried to flick on to a hoplessly out of touch Michael Chopra without any kind of success.

However, once the switch happened our approach changed and we seemed to carve them open easily by passing our way through.

Our first choice central midfield from now on should be

Burke Taiwo (if Ledley has his operation) Whittingham McCormack

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:yes theres always a but, tuesday is far more important, we got the 5th spot just and we need to stay in the play offs.

This week is going to be a big big week for the club off it but the players must produce a result not so much a performance on it on tuesday.

I agree Carl, we need a win at Bristol to keep up there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I thought once Burke came on and Whittingham switched to CM we became a different team. Before that it was pointless long balls up to Jay who tried to flick on to a hoplessly out of touch Michael Chopra without any kind of success.

However, once the switch happened our approach changed and we seemed to carve them open easily by passing our way through.

thought Darcy done well going ro RB as well tony

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Defo agree with this...and I also think we are by far a better football team than Bristol so hopefully Tuesday night will be a food un!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 am

c'mon the bluebirds a win will do us nicely :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 am

carlccfc wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I thought once Burke came on and Whittingham switched to CM we became a different team. Before that it was pointless long balls up to Jay who tried to flick on to a hoplessly out of touch Michael Chopra without any kind of success.

thought Darcy done well going ro RB as well tony

Good call that Carl. Quinn was being murdered by their winger and moving Darcy to right-back did solve that problem.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:03 am

agreed. At times the players looked really tired yesterday and I think they are probably running on pure adrenalin at the moment. However at last in the past few matches I have seen a massive change in the effort of the team, they have grown massive bollox and are playing with (forgive me here for the rugbyism :lol: ) hwyl - you can just feel it. Keep hold of that feeling lads it will carry you through.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 am

I would crawl over broken glass before putting Taiwo in midfield for such an important game