Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Small Idea to Improve Atmosphere at Games

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi all,

Like many others, I was very dissapointed and a little hurt at the non existent atmosphere today. The hardest part for me was watching as the stands emptied long before the final whistle, even though we'd just won 4-1!!! Hardly anyone stayed to clap the players off.

In the next 2-4 weeks, I'm launching a clothing range called 12th Man Clothing. I designed it to represent the true football fan and for those who are just as passionate about our club as we are. You can read more about it in this post from a few weeks ago...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39280

Anyway, during the Portsmouth and QPR games, I was going to get flyers made up advertising the website. However I didn't want to make boring, normal fliers that will just end up in the bin. Thats not what I'm about and its just a nuisance.

So today I had the idea where we could basically develop a fanzine representing the hardcore supporters who are fed up of the atmosphere.

We could all chip in and maybe write a few biographical short stories on days / matches in the past and try and get some unity going amongst the terraces to try and generate more of an atmosphere.

I would fund the printing and arrange for them to be distributed, as I was going to do this with flyers anyway. It just really concerns me how lifeless CCFC are at the moment and I really want to do my bit...

How to people feel about this? If its something that generates enough interest I could even look at doing one every 2-3 games.

Let me know how you feel and keep the faith. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Small Idea to Improve Atmosphere at Games

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 pm

So really you're just plugging your own business venture?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Its going to be plugged with flyers anyway. So may aswell add some substance and purpose to them. thats my outlook. If I am going to fork out a decent chunk of money - I'd also like it to benefit our club and supporters in some way too.

The atmosphere at home games at the moment is eating away at me and I don't want it to continue for too much longer or the atmospheres of days gone by will just become a distant memory.

A great atmosphere, is such a powerful tool.

Think of all the giants we took down at Ninian PArk.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Remember also the numerous games where there was f**k all atmosphere at Ninian.

it was often fairly quiet there.

I assume you're selling rose tinted glasses? :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

i thought there fan columns in the programme? :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:58 pm

good luck mate,better to be a trier than a knocker :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 pm

nerd wrote:Remember also the numerous games where there was f**k all atmosphere at Ninian.

it was often fairly quiet there.

I assume you're selling rose tinted glasses? :lol:

Its true mate, many games at Ninian Park were silent.

But there were over 20000 there today and on top of that we won 4-1.

One thing I do know for sure, least there would of been people left in the stadium to clap the players off after a victory like that.

Surely you can't be happy with how it is at the moment mate?

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i thought there fan columns in the programme? :ayatollah:

Definately mate, only thing is - you have to buy a programme another problem is...

If you walk to the stadium past the ninian, take a left along jubilee park at the junction and walk through the old Ninian PArk gates to the Ninian stand. Any later than 2:45 for a game at 3:00 and your hard pushed to find anyone selling programmes.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 pm

12thMan wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i thought there fan columns in the programme? :ayatollah:

Definately mate, only thing is - you have to buy a programme another problem is...

If you walk to the stadium past the ninian, take a left along jubilee park at the junction and walk through the old Ninian PArk gates to the Ninian stand. Any later than 2:45 for a game at 3:00 and your hard pushed to find anyone selling programmes.

fair point :ayatollah: