Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

steele or malaysians?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Lots are moaning about this Ben Steele only having £200 million and the Malaysians having billions but ... how many would have moaned 6 months ago if a bloke worth £200 million was going to take us over? Also - do we really know that the Malaysians are worth billions? We know Vincent Tan is a billionaire but is he really with TG (who's only a millionaire!)?

Re: steele or malaysians?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 pm

n1ckj4y wrote:Lots are moaning about this Ben Steele only having £200 million and the Malaysians having billions but ... how many would have moaned 6 months ago if a bloke worth £200 million was going to take us over? Also - do we really know that the Malaysians are worth billions? We know Vincent Tan is a billionaire but is he really with TG (who's only a millionaire!)?

Good question, Will have a good think on that.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:20 pm

How do we know if new owners will pay off the debt just because they have millions billions. (all they have to do is buy up the shares for control) may see it as a quick profit, not spend any money. Look at the top premier sides sold for mega money but in serious debt now. Hope i am wrong would love to see how far we can go debt free.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 am

I dont think we are really in a situation to choose. As soon as PR gets out and we clear the debts the better i say.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 am

i dont care who it is aslong as all this debt , worry and rubbish us fans have to put up with is gone..
oh and whoever takes over gives ridsdale a big kick up the arse and his p45..

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:22 am

surely at this time and with things the way they are any investment is better than none ?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:31 am

I think Ben Steele has enough readies to enable us to get rid of our debts and be able to add some players to the squad.

He's British and understand the mentality of football fans in this country. If he's prepared to pump up the cash then let's ave it.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:37 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:I think Ben Steele has enough readies to enable us to get rid of our debts and be able to add some players to the squad.

He's British and understand the mentality of football fans in this country. If he's prepared to pump up the cash then let's ave it.

I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking!!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 am

I dont give a feck which as long as that silver haired fecker leaves our club pronto.