Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malaysian restuarant

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I noticed lunchtime by the Owain Glyndwr there is now a Malaysian restuarant instead of the Italian next to o'neills!! wonder if one day their prime minister, data and vincent will be in there :ayatollah:

Re: Malaysian restuarant

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:57 pm

I've been to the Lebanese Restaurant with Sam :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I've been to the Lebanese Restaurant with Sam :lol: :ayatollah:

Were sheep's bollocks on the menu?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 pm

I went there last Sunday, food was ok nothing special but the portions were small and it was over priced and there was no sign of tg and family unfortunately

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I've been to the Lebanese Restaurant with Sam :lol: :ayatollah:

Were sheep's bollocks on the menu?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm
Not bad :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:32 pm

f*cking hell!!! they're slowly taking over wales!! and i thought the chinese were plagueing the world :roll:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Going there tomorrow on a Groupon deal.

Will report back on whether its any good. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Looking fwd to the report back Lawnmower :ayatollah: , Some great places to eat in Cardiff I've always liked the Portugese restuarant Madeiras I think its called fantastic grilled monkfish and superb steaks there. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:f*cking hell!!! they're slowly taking over wales!! and i thought the chinese were plagueing the world :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:34 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Looking fwd to the report back Lawnmower :ayatollah: , Some great places to eat in Cardiff I've always liked the Portugese restuarant Madeiras I think its called fantastic grilled monkfish and superb steaks there. :ayatollah:

where is that by ? :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Looking fwd to the report back Lawnmower :ayatollah: , Some great places to eat in Cardiff I've always liked the Portugese restuarant Madeiras I think its called fantastic grilled monkfish and superb steaks there. :ayatollah:

where is that by ? :ayatollah:

Madiera is in Guildford cresent, close to queen street station opposite the ibis hotel, superb restaurant my favourite

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 am

the blue path wrote:I went there last Sunday, food was ok nothing special but the portions were small and it was over priced and there was no sign of tg and family unfortunately

Of course the portions were small. Have you noticed that you never see a fat Malaysian person, just like you never see fat Chinese, Japanese (Sumo wreslters apart) or Koreans, either

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I noticed lunchtime by the Owain Glyndwr there is now a Malaysian restuarant instead of the Italian next to o'neills!! wonder if one day their prime minister, data and vincent will be in there :ayatollah:

I heard that since they've taken it over the place is on a more sound financial footing. But they've still got the old manager who isn't popular with all the customers, he's got better staff in but they're all on loan from other restaurants so sometimes they don't seem that bothered about being there and although they have given the place a refurb the atmosphere in there is shite! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
the blue path wrote:I went there last Sunday, food was ok nothing special but the portions were small and it was over priced and there was no sign of tg and family unfortunately

Of course the portions were small. Have you noticed that you never see a fat Malaysian person, just like you never see fat Chinese, Japanese (Sumo wreslters apart) or Koreans, either

But the portions in a Chinese restaurant in this country are not small because they realise most of their customers are not going to asian

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm

went there last night.

oK, but nothing special.

Food was fairly good, though my wife said it as shit (spoilt she is), guy who served us was a good laugh, and yes the portions were small, but I was full as I ate the leftovers of the others. :lol: :ayatollah:

Cheap for us £7 a head, but no rush to go back. Worth a try, but there is so much choice in Cardiff and the surrounding areas.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 am

Sounds like I will stick with the Madeiras restuarant !! cheers for the reviews though lads :ayatollah: