Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

E24

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 am

Does anyone know the real reason why there is an insistence on trying to make everyone sit down in E24 when in other parts of the ground standing is condoned (away fans, Canton) Yesterday I could not sit in my season ticket seat and spent the first half being constantly berated and bullied by the stewards to sit down whenever I tried to improve my view by standing. I was in the last row and as usual there were many standing in front of me, yet the stewards tell the ones at the back to sit down, how stupid is this. Then to add insult to injury the away fans are all standing and are taunting and insulting us. I have no problem with this, however surely we should have the opportunity to stand, sing, support and celebrate our football team. Yesterday I noticed a lot of families in E24, yet the family stand was virtually empty, is there a deliberate policy to quash the atmosphere. Our esteemed announcer begs us to 'support the boys and make some noise' yet the very people likely to do this are encouraged to 'sit down and behave yourself'. I accept moving grounds but why cant we take the atmosphere with us, why cant we even have the opportunity to try and regenerate the atmosphere, why cant we support our team.

I left at half-time to watch the game from the relative sanctuary of the Canton stand.

H

Re: E24

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:06 am

I agree, and made a post earlier this morning named STEWARDS!

Re: E24

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 am

The problem is that when we were buying our season tickets for this first season in the new ground, we were all informed that standing would be tolerated in the Canton Stand, but elsewhere it would be frowned upon.

All they're doing is carrying out what they said they would.

I bought my ticket for the Canton mainly because I prefer to stand and wouldn't get hassle for doing it.