Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FAO Stan-QPR

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

moonboots wrote:Nowt to worry about Stan. You are going up as deserved champs.....and we are going up in second place. See you in the Prem.

do you think qpr will invest heavily on players during the summer with the wealthy owners they have?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Merlin wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:1) The word ineligible has never been used in ANY of the charges

2) You keep referring to 'QPR FANS' well the people I know, trust & speak to at the club think very differently from your post.

Lets just sit back enjoy the ride and see what happens how about that.

How about the words:

Failure to notify the FA , Using an unauthorised agent, false information contained in documents

Are these serious enough for you?

These charges are brought under FA Rules C1(b)(iii) and E3, and the Third Party Investment in Players Regulations, A1 and A2

Hence the word RULES! ;)

Am I worried? Very very slightly.

Rules or no rules nothing has been proven & until it is I won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

I'm more concerned with what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow if I'm honest. (Prob be weetabix)

;)

EDIT; Well said moonboots see you on the other side lad :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 pm

QPR are top because they deserve to be there. This nonsense over a players registration is bollocks and should be punished with a fine. I have more of a problem with clubs who have been in admin and paid creditors a piddly amount of money and then been able to spend big once out of admin.

I havent seen that much of QPR this season but on Monday the mix of skill and hardwork was top draw. Apart from taarabt and Routledge they mainly have journeymen players (all of a good standard but not prem quality) who have been superbly managed and motivated.

I kept thinking that they would slip up throughout the season but time and time again they keep the clean sheets and as a result keep the points tally ticking.

Hope we finish 2nd........

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

[quote="Stan-QPR"]Can only give my own opinion and that is we will get a fine and that is it.

The papers, tv, all media outlets, managers are not even talking about it, its not big news so again my gut feeling is we are ok.

Nerd I couldn't give 2 hoots about what transfers were kosher & which were not. Do you think Cardiff City play by all the rules? Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea all have questionable history's with certain transfers, its football live with it.

Football is perhaps the most corrupt game on the planet and football fans of any club are in no position to take the high moral ground.

A great friend of mine who was also my cousin who sadly passed away a few years back was from Kilburn used to be a season ticket at QPR. Was at every game the year you lot finished runners up to Liverpool. I'll raise a glass in his memory when QPR are promoted. Cheers Ant, I miss you.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Chaps, a few pointers towards these charges:

1. Faurlin has never been an ineligible player for the club. The FA have actually stated as such so therefore QPR have had no material gain on the pitch with his presence. The charges relate to his 'economic rights', I.e. A third party involvement effectively creaming off some of his contract.

2. The fees for Faurlins transfer were actually sent through the FA's own clearing house, as with ALL overseas transfers.

3. The FA id not instigate rules about third party ownership until September 2010. At this point QPR contacted the FL to advise them that there may be an issue with Faurlin's contract, at which point it was renewed. There does however seem to be some discrepancy with the new contract, but again this in the view of the FA has not made Faurlin inelligible as a player.

4. There is a charge relating to the use of an unauthorised agent in the Faurlin transfer. The agent was NOT registered with the FA but was and still is registered with FIFA, has offices in central London, ironically not too far from the FA HQ, and has dealt with such players as Louis Figo.

5. With regards to the demotion of Swindon Town, they were charged with 36 counts of financial irregularities of which 35 were proven. They were demoted two divisions which was reduced to one on appeal. They did not peruse the case through the High Courts due to lack of finance, something that QPR could quite easily peruse, and thus totally f**k up the promotion process, as the FA are not a law unto themselves but must bow to the law of the land, and just imagine QPR getting an injunction on the promotion process until a full hearing is heard, which could take many, many months.

6. Leeds United were deducted points for continued administration and in financial irregularities, which once again I reiterate QPR has not been charged with.

7. Luton Town were deducted points after being found guilty of 16 of 17 charges of using unregistered agents, (four times), but more importantly making unlawful payments (bungs), to these agents and also of other financial irregularities.

8. Torquay and Hereford have just been docked points for fielding an illegible player each, once again Faurlin, in the view of the FA has never been considered to be ineligible.

My own feeling, like Stan is that QPR may suffer a fine, especially as the financially bereft FA could ill afford a drawn out financial scrap where if the outcome was found in favour of QPR could see them suing the FA for a minimum of £90million. This would see the FA go bust overnight. I also think that if a fine is levied then it could actually be against the charge for Paladini.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:11 pm

REMEMBER SWINDON TOWN

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 pm

DWQPR wrote:Chaps, a few pointers towards these charges:

1. Faurlin has never been an ineligible player for the club. The FA have actually stated as such so therefore QPR have had no material gain on the pitch with his presence. The charges relate to his 'economic rights', I.e. A third party involvement effectively creaming off some of his contract.

So basically, when the players contractual status infringes FA rules, he's not actually ineligible? Bit of a stretch.

2. The fees for Faurlins transfer were actually sent through the FA's own clearing house, as with ALL overseas transfers.

Fees aren't the issue.

3. The FA id not instigate rules about third party ownership until September 2010. At this point QPR contacted the FL to advise them that there may be an issue with Faurlin's contract, at which point it was renewed. There does however seem to be some discrepancy with the new contract, but again this in the view of the FA has not made Faurlin inelligible as a player.

If the FA contacted you to corect the issue, tis wasn't done. we'll see what happend.

4. There is a charge relating to the use of an unauthorised agent in the Faurlin transfer. The agent was NOT registered with the FA but was and still is registered with FIFA, has offices in central London, ironically not too far from the FA HQ, and has dealt with such players as Louis Figo.

London media have "named" Tirri as that agent. Seen elsewhere Faurlin's agent is someone different.

You're taking information leaked by QPR at face value. What if it turns out payments were made to other agents, using Tirri as a front, hmm?

5. With regards to the demotion of Swindon Town, they were charged with 36 counts of financial irregularities of which 35 were proven. They were demoted two divisions which was reduced to one on appeal. They did not peruse the case through the High Courts due to lack of finance, something that QPR could quite easily peruse, and thus totally f**k up the promotion process, as the FA are not a law unto themselves but must bow to the law of the land, and just imagine QPR getting an injunction on the promotion process until a full hearing is heard, which could take many, many months.

Must bow to the law of the land? You're aware the Prem league can refuse any team from being promoted? QPR could well f**k up the promotion process. And lose any and all goodwill from all clubs. You know full well such an injunction would never be granted; you could later sue for money and that would be it.

6. Leeds United were deducted points for continued administration and in financial irregularities, which once again I reiterate QPR has not been charged with.

Hence an irrelevance.

7. Luton Town were deducted points after being found guilty of 16 of 17 charges of using unregistered agents, (four times), but more importantly making unlawful payments (bungs), to these agents and also of other financial irregularities.

Hence the separate penalties for Luton...

8. Torquay and Hereford have just been docked points for fielding an illegible player each, once again Faurlin, in the
view of the FA has never been considered to be ineligible.

Have they actually said that either way? The process is ongoing, hence that's not yet determined. If the FA determine that the problem wasn't resolved - and you covered that up claiming otherwise, they could rule him ineligible.

My own feeling, like Stan is that QPR may suffer a fine, especially as the financially bereft FA could ill afford a drawn out financial scrap where if the outcome was found in favour of QPR could see them suing the FA for a minimum of £90million. This would see the FA go bust overnight. I also think that if a fine is levied then it could actually be against the charge for Paladini.

You can't separate the club from Paladini - he represents the club.

As for the rest of the point, utter bs. Do you think that the decision should be made based upon fear of rich team suing? Let's just punish all the poor clubs only, then, if things are proven.

I'm just raising the point that in terms of a punishment if proven, justice means it would have to be a hard penalty - I'd say that if we were the dodgy team. I fully suspect a nothing fine will be given... FA bottling it.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 am

nerd wrote:I fully suspect a nothing fine will be given... FA bottling it.

Phew we got there in the end.

Glad you agree nerd. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:31 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

Glad to see then, that should a fine occur, you'll have got away with cheating. Nice to see QPR fans being rationale.

The smug "we'll be ok, we've rich owners, we'll sue and sue and bankrupt the FA" attitude is nauseating.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 am

Nerd, I find it quite astonishing for you a supporter of Cardiff City to attack a club with regards to it's financial dealings when in fact Cardiff themselves haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in the recent past, just ask Motherwell FC.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 am

Nerd you need to get laid or something mate your a very frustrated fella.

I've never once gloated about the situation as its a scenario I wished wasn't being played out.

Once again without typing for 10 minutes as I've clearly said it already numerous times, what will be will be.

Once the FA make their decision that's it. Call it what you want but the matter will be over & we'll all move on.

Except you perhaps.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 am

nerd wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

Glad to see then, that should a fine occur, you'll have got away with cheating. Nice to see QPR fans being rationale.

The smug "we'll be ok, we've rich owners, we'll sue and sue and bankrupt the FA" attitude is nauseating.

Ffs Nerd, they are by far the best team in the league end of.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 am

The way nerd is going on you'd think QPR Football club had been responsible for some kind of ethnic cleansing exercise :roll:

He keeps using the words 'cheats' yet not a thing has been proven against us.

I wonder if he's always this premature :D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 am

DWQPR wrote:Nerd, I find it quite astonishing for you a supporter of Cardiff City to attack a club with regards to it's financial dealings when in fact Cardiff themselves haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in the recent past, just ask Motherwell FC.

Good grief.

Ask Motherwell FC's chairman about the people he stiffed both personally and when he took Motherwell into admin.

And then you're actually comparing our situations... laughable.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 am

Stan-QPR wrote:The way nerd is going on you'd think QPR Football club had been responsible for some kind of ethnic cleansing exercise :roll:

He keeps using the words 'cheats' yet not a thing has been proven against us.

I wonder if he's always this premature :D

I'd drop the attitude if I was you.

if you read my posts, you'd see I've always use the term "IF charges are proven". And IF the charges are proven they are hardly as minor as some ( not all ) of your fans are claiming.

And if we were in the same situation my view would be exactly the same.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Ffs Nerd, they are by far the best team in the league end of.

Not disagreeing.

However, IF found guilty, then they cheated.

Can't arbitrarily give out punishments depending upon league position.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 am

Attitude? No attitude from me nerd I just think its funny that you are losing sleep over the whole thing. Rather sad really.

You are in a massive minority with your views but hey if you want to take the moral high ground you crack on its all a bit boring.

If you have a problem if we get a fine or minor points deduction I'd suggest you take it up with the FA or the FL mate.

Failing any good news from them give samaritans a tinkle.

:lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am

Is this still going??? :roll: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 am

Sigh.

To be fair, Stan, I was more having a go at some QPR fans on their mbs with the attitude of "Who cares about a fine, we've got money" and "We'll bankrupt the FA suing them". The other attitude was that any punishment would be determined more by your league position, which you'd surely agree would be unfair.

IF found guilty, then the charges are serious, there's no two ways around that - seems FA notified you of the problem, told you to correct it. If Paladini then acted in a dodgy manner in response to being given the opportunity to clear things up, then that's taking the piss.

As I said, it'll probably just be a meaningless fine if found guilty, which then sets a bad precedent.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 am

I agree with all of that nerd.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 am

nerd wrote:Sigh.

To be fair, Stan, I was more having a go at some QPR fans on their mbs with the attitude of "Who cares about a fine, we've got money" and "We'll bankrupt the FA suing them". The other attitude was that any punishment would be determined more by your league position, which you'd surely agree would be unfair.

IF found guilty, then the charges are serious, there's no two ways around that - seems FA notified you of the problem, told you to correct it. If Paladini then acted in a dodgy manner in response to being given the opportunity to clear things up, then that's taking the piss.

As I said, it'll probably just be a meaningless fine if found guilty, which then sets a bad precedent.

I don't think it will be a fine cos like you said it will set a bad precedent, I believe a points deduction will take place, however, it will be not sufficient to stop QPR getting promoted, hence the reason for the date of judgement. In essence the FA have 'bottled it', if it was us then it would have been done and dusted by now..........Cardiff in the Prem, the FA dont want that

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Hmm, thinking about it, there's another precedent.

Sheff Utd complained about the Tevez rule - the appeal led to the compensation for them from West Ham; Independent tribunal ruling they'd have docked points, from memory.

IF QPR are found guilty and it's only a fine, that could potentially ( but unlikely ) lead to legal action possibly from teams below QPR in the league table?

Can at worst case scenario be a very messy can of worms. Can't we just shoot Taarabt and Warnock and be done with it?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 pm

nerd wrote:Hmm, thinking about it, there's another precedent.

Sheff Utd complained about the Tevez rule - the appeal led to the compensation for them from West Ham; Independent tribunal ruling they'd have docked points, from memory.

IF QPR are found guilty and it's only a fine, that could potentially ( but unlikely ) lead to legal action possibly from teams below QPR in the league table?

Can at worst case scenario be a very messy can of worms. Can't we just shoot Taarabt and Warnock and be done with it?

LOL...............Seriously I don't think many City fans would really feel happy about gaining promotion because QPR had a massive points deduction. At the end of the day it's not the fault of the QPR fans and imagine how you would feel if Cardiff missed out on promotion because of a points deduction. And to be fair Stan is a top bloke and always has good banter on here. I think that it's a tribute to this board and the people who contribute that Stan feels that he is able to come on here and have a good chat about football. It's a shame that there isn't a lot more entente cordiale between football fans.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Cheers moon old bean.

It wasn't always like that though! Had me tin hat on for the first few weeks I wa on the board!

:lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers moon old bean.

It wasn't always like that though! Had me tin hat on for the first few weeks I wa on the board!

:lol: :lol:

Lucky you only needed a tin hat lol :ayatollah: