Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " IS DJ RIGHT? ARE WE FICKLE? "

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

From Facebook

Hazel Kearns

may be the club need to sell the cardiff songs the new fan,s turn up may not know the song,s. Some fan,s do not feel comfortable start the songs going.
20 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Hazel Kearns

may be the club need to sell the cardiff songs the new fan,s turn up may not know the song,s. Some fan,s do not feel comfortable start the songs going.
20 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

im relatively new actually watching city(3seasons,2 as a st holder) and i sing.im sure the newer fans will pick it up fella.we all had to start somewhere :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm

castleblue wrote:
Bunk wrote:
castleblue wrote:I am not fickle and I don't think that the other fans who dare to question DJ are either but then again consider why DJ would make such an accusation? It comes from the same spin where he describes "People In This Part Of The World" and it is all intended to simply deflect attention away from the performance of the team and more importantly HIM.

When he talks about not having spent any money, except for Keinan and Parkin, and that he is operating on the same budget as last season this again is spin and intended to deflect attention.

What he doesn't say is that budget is amongst the highest in the Championship and in respect of this season involves VT personally supporting the club by £10m. We all remember how Ridsdale spent ALL this seasons advanced ST sales keeping us alfoat last season so the money VT has ploughed into the club amounts to the same as DJ being given millions to spend on player signings.

Lets face it DJ has been supported for years with a playing budget in excess of £12m at the same time clubs like Hull and Blackpool have acheived promotion on less than 50% of that playing budget. This season we are being out performed by Norwich, Swansea, Leeds, Forest, Reading, Leicester, Millwall the list could go on because ALL these clubs have much lower playing budgets.

The reason is that the managers of the other clubs have used their resources to put together better TEAM units unlike DJ who has decided to spend HIGH wages on perceived Quality which has resulted in the team eing inconsistent.

Sorry but as I say I don't consider myself fickle just someone who WILL not be taken in by his SPIN. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Out of interest how are we being out performed by Norwich, Swansea, Leeds, Forest, Reading, Leicester, Millwall?

Currently only one of those teams is above us, a team that we battered at CCS in one of the most one sided games I've seen this season and were unlucky not to beat away. Forest and Leicesters wage bill will be around the level ours is, Leeds we have done the double over and are above in the league, Reading are enjoying a purple patch that could fade out, Millwall are nowhere near us at present.

We've played all of those teams twice this season and have gained 22 points against them this season, not a bad record.

We are out performed because of the cost of our wage bill in comparison with these other clubs, both Nowrich and Swansea for instance have a wage bill of below £10m, Forest are talked of as big spenders in the League but in reality have a small squad and a wage bill below £12m as have Leeds & Leicester. Reading and Millwall are actually below £9m.

It is well documented that the wage bill at our club is £15m -£16m not bad for a club where the manager says we have spent hardly anything on players. Believe me when I say this money is the same as you spend on a mortgage, putting petrol in your car or shopping down Tesco. DJ would have you believe otherwise because it deflects attention away from the performance of the team and him.

Will it matter if we get promoted probably not but no one can doubt that the other clubs, when you compare their wage bills with ours, have acheived more for less.

In school report terms our manager and team could have done better this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well firstly you have no idea what the wage bill is at our club, or any other club for that matter. I'd say that Leicester wage bill will be around the level ours is. Also your original post mentioned a wage bill of £12 million and all of a sudden that had jumped to £15-16 million.

No club up to this point have achieved more for less than us other than Norwich. Every other team is below us, therefore they have achieved less.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:16 pm

ours is Approx. £15-£16 Mill a year without Bells wages.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 pm

From Facebook

Aston Martyn Williams
I dont think i am fickle fan. To be honest i dont care what league we play on. Ive supported my club,since i was a young boy and will continue to untill i die.As for the atmosphere,this is my opinion.The family stand needs to be moved to the canton end.Having all the old grange end supports near the away fans would create,more of an atmosphere and this would rub off around the rest of the ground.
40 minutes ago · Like

Allan Ccfc
Priestley well siad i agree
40 minutes ago · Like

Nigel Pepper
Nothing can beat Ninian park of the 70s but we must move on . All stadiums need breaking in and getting used to . I don't think the team we have know plays with the heart of last season, but how can they . We have not strengthened our defence or purchased a decent goalie . What has qpr got that we haven't , a great manager and Paddy Kenny.
36 minutes ago · Like

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:49 pm

TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION, IN A WORD YES but we have always been fickle not just under Jones, that said we are no different to fans of other clubs, it's a foot ball thing

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 pm

absolutely spot on mate, cracking post

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Bunk wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Bunk wrote:
Out of interest how are we being out performed by Norwich, Swansea, Leeds, Forest, Reading, Leicester, Millwall?

Currently only one of those teams is above us, a team that we battered at CCS in one of the most one sided games I've seen this season and were unlucky not to beat away. Forest and Leicesters wage bill will be around the level ours is, Leeds we have done the double over and are above in the league, Reading are enjoying a purple patch that could fade out, Millwall are nowhere near us at present.

We've played all of those teams twice this season and have gained 22 points against them this season, not a bad record.

We are out performed because of the cost of our wage bill in comparison with these other clubs, both Nowrich and Swansea for instance have a wage bill of below £10m, Forest are talked of as big spenders in the League but in reality have a small squad and a wage bill below £12m as have Leeds & Leicester. Reading and Millwall are actually below £9m.

It is well documented that the wage bill at our club is £15m -£16m not bad for a club where the manager says we have spent hardly anything on players. Believe me when I say this money is the same as you spend on a mortgage, putting petrol in your car or shopping down Tesco. DJ would have you believe otherwise because it deflects attention away from the performance of the team and him.

Will it matter if we get promoted probably not but no one can doubt that the other clubs, when you compare their wage bills with ours, have acheived more for less.

In school report terms our manager and team could have done better this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well firstly you have no idea what the wage bill is at our club, or any other club for that matter. I'd say that Leicester wage bill will be around the level ours is. Also your original post mentioned a wage bill of £12 million and all of a sudden that had jumped to £15-16 million.

No club up to this point have achieved more for less than us other than Norwich. Every other team is below us, therefore they have achieved less.

Well I'm pleased for you that you know what I don't know however more likely is that you have no idea what I know to be fact.

One fact I will share with you is that Norwich have a policy of paying a maximum of 40% of turnover in wages and their projected turnover for this season is £18.75m.

Therefore a wage budget of £8.3m when NI is included. Now our club accounts show our wage bill to be £16m for last year and as DJ is stating we have the same budget as last year.

So as I say firstly not only do I have I good idea what I have said is based on facts i.e. Football Club Accounts. Simples :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:10 pm

I havent read what DJ said but not all fans are fickle but in general of course our fans are fickle, massively fickle. But then most football fans are arent they?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Im not fickle, I havent liked Dave Jones for about 3 years now.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Im not fickle, I havent liked Dave Jones for about 3 years now.

I am not Fickle either as I have Disliked him for 6 years :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:51 am

My personal opinion is that he has done a good job but another manager with the same resources would have got us promoted. Colin Wanker would have won the league a few weeks ago with the squad we have.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:My personal opinion is that he has done a good job but another manager with the same resources would have got us promoted. Colin Wanker would have won the league a few weeks ago with the squad we have.

I agree

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:My personal opinion is that he has done a good job but another manager with the same resources would have got us promoted. Colin Wanker would have won the league a few weeks ago with the squad we have.

i disagree, strongly

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:09 pm

resources???

have you seen how weak our defence is?

have you seen how unlucky we are with injuries?

Sun May 01, 2011 8:17 am

ccfcdor wrote:resources???

have you seen how weak our defence is?

have you seen how unlucky we are with injuries?

Yes resources. What other squad in this league can claim so many ex premier players.

You would have though with DJ being a defender himself he could have sorted out a decent defence.

All over clubs have suffered with injuroes as well.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 am

:lol: :lol:

Totally agree, incl my Husky :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 pm

We've had some great results against fairly good sides, Leeds away, Norwich at home, the jacks away but we have had far too many dismal performances and results against poor teams, Crystal Palace (twice), MIddlesbrough (away), Ipswich Town (twice), Preston (home), Sheffield Utd (home, though we probably didn't realise they'd be so shite at the time), Bristol City (away) and Barnsley (home).

That's a lot of points to throw away, even if you don't include throwing away that lead at Norwich, which would mean 2 more points for us and 1 less for them. Perhaps as vital as the 12 goal turn around with Preston. We don't half pick our games :roll: .

If we do make it, I'll be well chocolate but if we don't then my expectations have not been met. Every season I expect some outstanding performances, a few of which we've had and every season I expect some dodgy results but not as many as we have had. If that is fickle of me after the wages we throw about and the amount we pay to watch football then I am guilty as charged. :(