Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

mri scans

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 am

any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it

Re: mri scans

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 am

Nowt to worry about mate, they just posh x rays, there's no pain or discomfort.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 am

boxerbob wrote:any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it

Yes I have and Its not as bad you think, a bit boring, just go in there with plenty of Cardiff City things on your mind :lol:

GOOD LUCK :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am

Yes I've had one on my knee. Totally painless. What you having checked.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 am

No problems at all just noisy! You can't move at all for a long time! Very boring!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am

cheers guys,heard they was uncomftable.been having problems with my balance.Had to give job up driving lorries long distance 15 months ago.it must something to do with my earing because if the stadium has been loud,i have terrible trouble walking back to the train station :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am

I've had 3 following a knee injury from football. I went in feet first up to the neck and had to stay still for about 20 - 30 minutes.

It's not nice but try not to worry about it because it's all in the mind.

Just imagine you're on the beach. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 am

RobP wrote:I've had 3 following a knee injury from football. I went in feet first up to the neck and had to stay still for about 20 - 30 minutes.

It's not nice but try not to worry about it because it's all in the mind.

Just imagine you're on the beach. :ayatollah:

its making me think,its like a sunbed :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 am

boxerbob wrote:cheers guys,heard they was uncomftable.been having problems with my balance.Had to give job up driving lorries long distance 15 months ago.it must something to do with my earing because if the stadium has been loud,i have terrible trouble walking back to the train station :ayatollah:

have had a head scan and like you was a bit apprehensive,but it was over before i knew it,just lay back and think of city!recall your fave games,players or goals or somethink.hope they get you sorted very soon

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 am

kent blue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:cheers guys,heard they was uncomftable.been having problems with my balance.Had to give job up driving lorries long distance 15 months ago.it must something to do with my earing because if the stadium has been loud,i have terrible trouble walking back to the train station :ayatollah:

have had a head scan and like you was a bit apprehensive,but it was over before i knew it,just lay back and think of city!recall your fave games,players or goals or somethink.hope they get you sorted very soon

cheers mate,just want my health to be back,where it was.Always had a good living with my job,but always seem to be watching pennies these days! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 am

Loud at ther CCS. When was that? I must have missed that game :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the scan.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 am

Had one a couple of years ago, nothing to worry about mate. Just boring tbh.

Its a little claustrophobic and noisy I suppose and you have to keep perfectly still for what seems ages - which was a struggle for me because the noise when the scanning was taking place reminded me of the toy guns you had when you were a kid, or like the gunfire in cartoons and I was dying to laugh!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

Very boring mate!! Just make sure u remove anything metal!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

Very boring mate!! Just make sure u remove anything metal!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 am

[quote="boxerbob"]any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it[/quote
I felt like I was in a scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind when I had one. Quite a wierd experience.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:
boxerbob wrote:any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it[/quote
I felt like I was in a scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind when I had one. Quite a wierd experience.

cheers i appreciate that :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Yes I have had several they are harmless unless you are a big fat barstard like me who tends to get stuck in them :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Yes I have had several they are harmless unless you are a big fat barstard like me who tends to get stuck in them :lol:

i've lost 3 stone since i gave up lorry driving,so i should be ok with a squeeze...that tickled me tony :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 pm

boxerbob wrote:any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it

Don't worry mate. I've had a few and I actually find it very relaxing! Each time I've had one I've fallen aslssp in there!

You'll lay down in a long tube and you'll hear intermitent knocking sounds.

What have you done to yourself to need one?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:45 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Nowt to worry about mate, they just posh x rays, there's no pain or discomfort.

Unless your full of metal. Came as something of a revelation when they disclosed this reality and its significance to me.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:46 pm

When i had mine done about ten years ago i had a bollacking off the doctor, i had music on the headphones and when i came out she was screaming at me because i was tapping my feet to the music i had to go back in for another session she was,nt happy i can tell you :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Had one on my knee, lasts around 20 mins and is painless. Makes lot's of funny noises and that's about it.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Howey1927 wrote:

Don't worry mate. I've had a few and I actually find it very relaxing! Each time I've had one I've fallen aslssp in there!

You'll lay down in a long tube and you'll hear intermitent knocking sounds.

What have you done to yourself to need one?

been having problems with my balance mate,theyre trying to find out what the problem is,hopefully not a lot

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm

evans above wrote:When i had mine done about ten years ago i had a bollacking off the doctor, i had music on the headphones and when i came out she was screaming at me because i was tapping my feet to the music i had to go back in for another session she was,nt happy i can tell you :D

would have loved to been a fly on the wall :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:55 pm

just keep still and you will be ok but even the banging noises want to make you tap your feet to the rythem :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

I've had 5 over the last three years, waiting for my 6th one on my back. There's nothing to them a little claustrophobic, but just shut your eyes and dream about the City in the Premiership next season.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 pm

canton blue wrote:I've had 5 over the last three years, waiting for my 6th one on my back. There's nothing to them a little claustrophobic, but just shut your eyes and dream about the City in the Premiership next season.

its not till fiday 15th,so if we win sat n tues i could well be dreaming about the premiership,cheers mate

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Don't go like dressed like this...

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/ ... ng.arm.jpg

Or you might end up like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkRqbxD ... r_embedded

Also keep an eye out for one of these at the other end...

http://www.tensionnot.com/pictures/imag ... on-MRI.jpg :old:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Einstein wrote:Don't go like dressed like this...

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/ ... ng.arm.jpg

Or you might end up like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkRqbxD ... r_embedded

Also keep an eye out for one of these at the other end...

http://www.tensionnot.com/pictures/imag ... on-MRI.jpg :old:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Also wouldn't go if you've got a head like a melon!!! :old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byRIwDk21sw&NR=1