Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: mri scans

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 am

It ain't dangerous apart from the Radiation and that can kill you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 am

Nuclearblue wrote:It ain't dangerous apart from the Radiation and that can kill you :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:17 am

boxerbob wrote:any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it

BEST ADVICE: BE GUIDED BY THE OPERATOR as you will be strapped and enclosed in a weird space for around 30 minutes (give or take a few depending on what they are doing with you)

It's pretty noisy (constant clicking) and the light gives an optical illusion of enclosure, so best keep your eyes shut for the whole thing and be comforted by the fact that the operator will keep you informed about what is happening and when....

You'll be ok....and in the long term it's worth it!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

It's a safe procedure. No radiation involved the image is created through magnetism :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:05 pm

cheers guys,much appreciated :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm

The actual scan is just boring, I fell asleep in it every time i've been in 1 of those tube things. Other than that I'm glad I dont have a problem with needles, cos the amount of massive needles they were shoving into my shoulder, scraping the bone etc, was mental. :D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:The actual scan is just boring, I fell asleep in it every time i've been in 1 of those tube things. Other than that I'm glad I dont have a problem with needles, cos the amount of massive needles they were shoving into my shoulder, scraping the bone etc, was mental. :D

wont be no needles,im not having the die put in me :D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:33 pm

i had one a few weeks ago, easy peasy took about 30 mins , just noisy compared to ct scan if they stick you half way through the nurses are just checking the size of your knob :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you need the contrast dye make sure you take it, it's painless and gives the image they are looking for

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:i had one a few weeks ago, easy peasy took about 30 mins , just noisy compared to ct scan if they stick you half way through the nurses are just checking the size of your knob :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you need the contrast dye make sure you take it, it's painless and gives the image they are looking for

they aint mentioned injecting me with dye.my mrs had a stroke 4 years ago and has had 3 scans,1 with the dye.she'll jump at her own shadow,so aint read into what she says about it :D the nurse can feel all she wants as long as its part of the procedure ;)

Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 pm

boxerbob wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:i had one a few weeks ago, easy peasy took about 30 mins , just noisy compared to ct scan if they stick you half way through the nurses are just checking the size of your knob :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , if you need the contrast dye make sure you take it, it's painless and gives the image they are looking for

they aint mentioned injecting me with dye.my mrs had a stroke 4 years ago and has had 3 scans,1 with the dye.she'll jump at her own shadow,so aint read into what she says about it :D the nurse can feel all she wants as long as its part of the procedure ;)

as mentioned by others if you have any metal in you then it's problematic they are concerned about the eyes more than anything else and as my previous job was a welder they were very concerned about the possibility of grinding dust in my eye, they did a separate ct scan to be 100% sure, the magnets would just rip the metal out which could result in blindness i think the injection of a dye(which is done in the arm) is standard procedure

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:06 am

I've had 3 scans and found them no problem.
I had dye once which made my insides warm and I felt that I had weed myself as my crotch went very hot :old: :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 am

boxerbob wrote:any1 on here been for one?Got a scan booked in for next friday.quite nervous about it

My mate had one he came out deaf and burnt to a cinder :old: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:50 am

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:The actual scan is just boring, I fell asleep in it every time i've been in 1 of those tube things. Other than that I'm glad I dont have a problem with needles, cos the amount of massive needles they were shoving into my shoulder, scraping the bone etc, was mental. :D

It's a scan NOT a darts match!!!!
:lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:36 pm

After my post on Wednesday had a call friday to have a scan on my back today, just got home to hear. City are winning 1-0 everything went alright in the scanner for 45 mins.