Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAW MOVING HOME...... (WE GET EVERYTHING)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 am

After months of meetings, and a pool of about 8 different areas and regions around wales, today it has been anounced that the FAW will be moving base to the NEWPORT INTERNATIONAL SPORTS VILLAGE (how it can be called that is beyond me, i can say that i work and play there.) :D

there will be state of the art training facilities,brand new state of the art LG pitches, new gyms, offices to house a few hundred workers, brand new changing rooms and 2/3 brand new pitches.

I guess football is coming home to GODS PART OF THE COUNTRY ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FAW MOVING HOME...... (WE GET EVERYTHING)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:36 am

well the faw is shocking mite aswell move to a shocking town too :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am

I remember a good few years ago that the WFA were invited by Sir Terry Matthews to set up some sort of training facility at Newport, or something like that. Is this the beginning of the end of the WFA's training commitment at the Vale though???

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I remember a good few years ago that the WFA were invited by Sir Terry Matthews to set up some sort of training facility at Newport, or something like that. Is this the beginning of the end of the WFA's training commitment at the Vale though???

i have been at a few of the meetings that have taken place, due to the fact they wanted to make changes to our facilities, our club, cricket ground etc. and we have all been told for ages it cannot get to the press.(hense why i didnt tell carl, you know what happens then ;) :lol: so it seems they are making a huge thing of this!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 am

... and I thought the FAW couldn't balls it up any more! :( ;)

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 am

atleast annis will be happy he can pop round the corner to watch wales train :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:36 pm

a horse with no name wrote:well the faw is shocking mite aswell move to a shocking town too :D

:lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:55 pm

a shit football team for a shit city................................... :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:well the faw is shocking mite aswell move to a shocking town too :D

:lol: :lol:

duno why ur giggling its just around the corner from your house in newport :) :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:30 pm

The jacks will be fuming! FAW put Newport before their town. :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey Milly if your over that way this saturday afternoon get yourself over the newport county stadium .Junior Mozz will be gracing the hallowed surface !

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:Hey Milly if your over that way this saturday afternoon get yourself over the newport county stadium .Junior Mozz will be gracing the hallowed surface !

mozzer i would but i am grazing the hallowed spytty turf myself, got cricket match, pop over for a beer in the sun before or after :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 pm

ALOT OF JEALOUS PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD ;) :D

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm

swansea are our little brothers, and newport ,are our little sisters,its like having a couple of kids, you musnt make one feel special over the others, so you give one something to shut them up, :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:33 am

newport is virtually in England

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 am

milly44 wrote:After months of meetings, and a pool of about 8 different areas and regions around wales, today it has been anounced that the FAW will be moving base to the NEWPORT INTERNATIONAL SPORTS VILLAGE (how it can be called that is beyond me, i can say that i work and play there.) :D

there will be state of the art training facilities,brand new state of the art LG pitches, new gyms, offices to house a few hundred workers, brand new changing rooms and 2/3 brand new pitches.

I guess football is coming home to GODS PART OF THE COUNTRY ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i'll be honest ive only been to newport a few times for gigs or shopping and i think its possibly one of the shittiest places in the uk

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 am

Our shithole just got upgraded to hellhole!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 am

Rhodri wrote:Our shithole just got upgraded to hellhole!!! :ayatollah:

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:11 pm

milly44 wrote:
Rhodri wrote:Our shithole just got upgraded to hellhole!!! :ayatollah:

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
oi milf i want to move down there :D i am looking for a house by Annis 8-)

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 pm

ok milly will pop over after the football

but hey cricket that's a pansys game :lol:

if you must indulge in summer sports in newport get yourself over coronation park and turn out for st micheals or Alexandra baseball sides . you know it makes sence :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 pm

The FAW is not moving to newport, it is building a centre of excellence. A few pitches and an office. That's it.