Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES BEMUSED BY QPR HEARING DATE

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Cardiff City manager Dave Jones Jones has been at the helm at Cardiff since 2005

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has questioned the timing of Queens Park Rangers' disciplinary hearing over the transfer of Alejandro Faurlin.

QPR will go before an independent regulatory commission over charges of breaching FA rules.

But the hearing is not until 6 May - a day before the last game of the season.

"Maybe they are waiting to see where they are and how many points they're ahead to do what they've got to do," Jones told BBC Sport Wales.

Neil Warnock's QPR, who lead the Championship by seven points, were charged with breaches of seven Football Association rules over the third-party ownership and agents in March.

If found guilty, Rangers could be docked points before the end of the season as the Football Association wants to avoid any doubt over who is promoted.

The club maintain their innocence over the allegations in relation to Faurlin, who joined from Argentine club Instituto in July 2009.

Third-place Cardiff are currently 13 points behind QPR with seven games of the regular season remaining.

"It just makes it more difficult," said Jones of the uncertainty over QPR's fate.

"I can only go on what I read and if the charges are right then it looks like there in a little bit of trouble. But that's down to the Football League to sort out."

But Jones said Cardiff, who travel to Doncaster on Saturday, are concentrating on their own promotion push and are not preoccupied with the fate of QPR.

"You've just got to look after yourself," he added. "Don't worry about anyone else [and] don't bank on anything.

"You do what you've got to do and you've got to be ruthless in that.

"You can't have any thoughts or any sort of feelings for anybody else in this sport. You've got to do what's right for you."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13013386.stm

Re: DAVE JONES BEMUSED BY QPR HEARING DATE

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I think its alomst irrelevant to us anyway. Like he said head down get on with our own job.

QPR will finish as champions

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Another explaination could be that QPR will now have no oppotunity to take it easy after securing enough points to gain promotion. What old Dave is probably upset about is the possiblity that QPR could have been up and away by the time we play them and we may just have taken advantage of that by getting an easier game.

Now though QPR will have to go for every point, just in case...

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Tbh it should not matter how many points QPR are ahead.

You have to look at previous convictions for the same offence and from what I am hearing its very similar to what Swindon did. Therefore we are looking at demotion if QPR are proven guilty.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Would you put your house on that happening Baked?

I wouldn't put a tanner on it.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Nope but expect a backlash from the likes of Swindon if you are found guily but only get away with a fine or punishment that is less than what the other clubs received that got done for the same crime.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Would you put your house on that happening Baked?

Your right Stan my understanding of the situation with Swindon Town related to illegal payments to players (35 Charges I believe) and was driven following an investigation by the Inland Revenue (Now HMRC). Indeed I believe their Chairman was jailed for tax evasion whilst the club were relegated 2 divisions reduced to 1 division on appeal.

I have to say I was surprised by DJ getting involved in this as normally he would just say it's nothing to do with us but he did say your club look to be in trouble. Lets face it the club are in trouble but I honestly don't think it will affect your promotion, no way.

Agree with Tony though DJ may just have been hoping you guys would have promotion wrapped up before the 23rd and arrive in Cardiff with your deckchairs under your arms.

Either way good luck tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Ha ha a f*cking tanner, havent heard that for years :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Cheers castle good post mate & you are right the Swindon case & ours is totally different so not even thinking along them lines.

DJ commenting I guess was down to journalists quizzing him because effectively it does concern Cardiff being in 3rd should we receive a hefty points deduction.

By him saying 'QPR could be in a bit of trouble' I see that as a bit of kidology. He doesn't no the facts any more than you or I or the panel who will hear the case so he has no business saying that really.

The charges are yet to be proved, people seem to be forgetting this.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:50 pm

BEEP

Won't get much for a tanner these days son!!

:D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Well, it's not pedantically a case of the charges not proven - clearly the FA felt there was something there to charge you over. it's a case of how robust the defence you put up is.

Given your first statement specifically referred to not "deliberately" infringing, could get interesting.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 pm

I imagine 'clerical oversight' rather than downright fraud will be the case nerd.

And before you say ignorance of the law is not an excuse I know that just throwing my tuppence worth in.

As I've said all along I have absolutely no fear about being denied promotion to the Premier League.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:BEEP

Won't get much for a tanner these days son!!

:D

A tanner is about as far as a I can go back, small silver thing worth 2.5p I think.......

Made me chuckle tho :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I imagine 'clerical oversight' rather than downright fraud will be the case nerd.

And before you say ignorance of the law is not an excuse I know that just throwing my tuppence worth in.

As I've said all along I have absolutely no fear about being denied promotion to the Premier League.

Yeah, I know you know that :p

You've no fear of losing every game to the end of the season and being caught? :p

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:46 pm

nerd wrote:You've no fear of losing every game to the end of the season and being caught? :p

No absolutely no fear.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 pm

rb1976 wrote:I think its alomst irrelevant to us anyway. Like he said head down get on with our own job.

DAVE JONES WORRY ABOUT CARDIFF CITY and MANAGING OUR TEAM :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Jones readying a new excuse.

"We were distracted by the ongoing investigation relating to QPR. People In This Part Of The World were expecting too much as always."

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I imagine 'clerical oversight' rather than downright fraud will be the case nerd.

I wouldn't have any fear as well because the FA will wait and see how many points clear you are and then deduct enough points so that you still go up... :shock:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:04 pm

stan, lets say, qpr, are docked 16 points, would you like it taken from you now, or in the prem,?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:17 pm

with them leaving it till the last game of the season do you think the f.a. will dock them enough points so they do not finish as champions. Or drop them to 3rd place a point behind second given them an oppurtunity of automatic promotion should results go their way. I think this because i cannot think of another resaon why they will leave the punishment for such a late date, surely if they were to dock a set ammount of points they would be doing it now?????

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:21 pm

perko84 wrote:with them leaving it till the last game of the season do you think the f.a. will dock them enough points so they do not finish as champions. Or drop them to 3rd place a point behind second given them an oppurtunity of automatic promotion should results go their way. I think this because i cannot think of another resaon why they will leave the punishment for such a late date, surely if they were to dock a set ammount of points they would be doing it now?????

wont that mess up all the play off places, ?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 pm

ninianblue wrote:
perko84 wrote:with them leaving it till the last game of the season do you think the f.a. will dock them enough points so they do not finish as champions. Or drop them to 3rd place a point behind second given them an oppurtunity of automatic promotion should results go their way. I think this because i cannot think of another resaon why they will leave the punishment for such a late date, surely if they were to dock a set ammount of points they would be doing it now?????

wont that mess up all the play off places, ?

i dont know. i guess if it was as the table stood now then norwhich would be 1st us 2nd on goal diff swansea 3rd as same points as us so qpr 4th 1point behind autos thus given them a chance should other results go their way. Or they could be demoted to 2nd 1 point ahead of 3rd which would leave them needing a win to guarantee autos? If any of the above should happen i dont think it would mess up the play offs

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:43 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

Ha ha a f*cking tanner, havent heard that for years :lol:

I used to have a great night out with a ten bob note, you'd get a beer for a tanner, and then there was that old saying that still tickles me, "there's nothing queerer than a nine bob note" :old: :)

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rb1976 wrote:I think its alomst irrelevant to us anyway. Like he said head down get on with our own job.

DAVE JONES WORRY ABOUT CARDIFF CITY and MANAGING OUR TEAM :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In fairness to DJ he was probably asked a question and therefore gave an answer. I don't think he's said anything lots of others haven't been thinking and he was quick to say that we should just concentrate on what we can affect :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm

ninianblue wrote:stan, lets say, qpr, are docked 16 points, would you like it taken from you now, or in the prem,?

Ninian you naughty naughty man what an orrible question :evil:

If I was honest, now. I think the motivation Warnock would give the team would see us well & truly over the line.

I think IF any points are taken it will be no more than 3.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
ninianblue wrote:stan, lets say, qpr, are docked 16 points, would you like it taken from you now, or in the prem,?

If I was honest, now. I think the motivation Warnock would give the team would see us well & truly over the line.

i dont know the full story, please forgive me if im wrong,but, hereford v torquay, they played, a player, players, for 1 game, and they had a 3 point deduction, and a one point deduction, how many games has your player played for you?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:58 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

i dont know the full story, please forgive me if im wrong,but, hereford v torquay, they played, a player, players, for 1 game, and they had a 3 point deduction, and a one point deduction, how many games has your player played for you?

I think off the top of my head the dates concerned cover 6 games BUT he has never been seen as an inilegible player, the charges relate to 3rd party ownership & documents submitted to the F.A.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

he does , and this forum of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:14 pm

I think IF any points are taken it will be no more than 3.[/quote]
i dont know the full story, please forgive me if im wrong,but, hereford v torquay, they played, a player, players, for 1 game, and they had a 3 point deduction, and a one point deduction, how many games has your player played for you?[/quote]

I think off the top of my head the dates concerned cover 6 games BUT he has never been seen as an inilegible player, the charges relate to 3rd party ownership & documents submitted to the F.A.[/quote]
thanks