Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This is not an anti-Steele comment, but

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm

My Opinion I really dont believe he will buy us out right, I see him at the very most just another member on the board, which will shut a lot of the Anti PR fans up and will suit PR for now.

The ones I want on board are the Malaysians who are flying in the first week of Feb to meet SB.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes i was thinking about this will he restructure the debt simular to man utd liverpool we would be back to square one but TBF he would be alot better than the current chairman he made his 200 m from nothing i believe so he has to have abit of savy where-as our beloved current chairman has prob lost more than 200 m of other peoples money.... :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

The problem is that we don't know anything about Ben Steele. I've seen comments saying that because he has a reputed personal fortune of £200 million then he must be "a great businessman". Not necessarily so. Even if he has that amount of money he could have inherited it, won it,had one lucky property speculation, stolen it, or started with £400 million. If he had a track record in business there'd be much more trace of him on the web.

People talk about the City being a good investment. How exactly? What's the old joke?

Q: How do you get a million pounds running a football club?
A: Start with two million.....

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion I really dont believe he will buy us out right, I see him at the very most just another member on the board, which will shut a lot of the Anti PR fans up and will suit PR for now.

The ones I want on board are the Malaysians who are flying in the first week of Feb to meet SB.

So if the Malaysians come on board will it have to be a hostile takeover?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion I really dont believe he will buy us out right, I see him at the very most just another member on the board, which will shut a lot of the Anti PR fans up and will suit PR for now.

So if the Malaysians come on board will it have to be a hostile takeover?

Well yes in a way as PR isnt for them now in my opinion as they dont want to work with him.