Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nerves

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 am

In my opinion, on Saturday, we all need to bury our nerves for the sake of the team. The last thing the players want is a tense atmosphere and get them on edge. Let's relax, have a party and make it easy for them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Nerves

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 am

Agreed, :ayatollah: when there's no singing I get nervous as hell at home, where as away everyone sings and is relaxed
SO COME ON AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:05 am

Funnily enough, we took that attitude away to Scunny last week end, a real party atmosphere for the first twenty minutes and then....................................................................................... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Last night though I really could not enjoy the game, especially with scoring in the first minute of the match. Although Barnsley really didn't threaten other than hitting a post late on, you just felt that one slip would undo all the hardwork. Great celebrations after the final whistle from all, but from me it came from an outpouring of relief. In a funny way, I am not really enjoying this run in. As a supporter you really DO feel the pressure, probably more so than the players, yet it is quite likely that we already have enough points to be promoted and also be champions. Roll on 7th May, lets get this bloody thing over and done with!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 am

DWQPR wrote:Funnily enough, we took that attitude away to Scunny last week end, a real party atmosphere for the first twenty minutes and then....................................................................................... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Last night though I really could not enjoy the game, especially with scoring in the first minute of the match. Although Barnsley really didn't threaten other than hitting a post late on, you just felt that one slip would undo all the hardwork. Great celebrations after the final whistle from all, but from me it came from an outpouring of relief. In a funny way, I am not really enjoying this run in. As a supporter you really DO feel the pressure, probably more so than the players, yet it is quite likely that we already have enough points to be promoted and also be champions. Roll on 7th May, lets get this bloody thing over and done with!

Relax you're as good as up Mate.....................................

Unless you get a points deduction :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am

The only way we can get rid of the nerves is to drink lots.

So plan of attack gents, crate of Stella Act-a-twat whilst waiting for the pub to open.
Have a couple of pints waiting for the breakfast to arrive, then wash that down with loads more alcohol.

Then we can sing like fook and if the nerves do appear, everyone will see them, cos you've actually shat yourself :D

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

drink loads, party on and do the conga, all advised by Dr Zabier. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 am

DWQPR wrote:Funnily enough, we took that attitude away to Scunny last week end, a real party atmosphere for the first twenty minutes and then....................................................................................... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I really can't understand why you're so worried mate!! You're up.... they wouldn't dare take points of you so relax enjoy it!! we all wish we could swap places with you!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:

I really can't understand why you're so worried mate!! You're up.... they wouldn't dare take points of you so relax enjoy it!! we all wish we could swap places with you!

Bigbluebird, if you have been a QPR supporter for 40+ years, you learn NEVER to relax! Feeling much calmer this morning though and looking forward to enjoying the game against Derby next Monday night, especially given that everybody else would have played by then.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Bigbluebird, if you have been a QPR supporter for 40+ years, you learn NEVER to relax! Feeling much calmer this morning though and looking forward to enjoying the game against Derby next Monday night, especially given that everybody else would have played by then.

I know exactly how you feel Mate having supported the City for forty plus years the annual heartache with the occasional celebration have become the norm. I would gladly swap positions with you right now but hope that we are both plying our trade in the Premiership next season :old: :ayatollah: