Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Cardiff go up ....... another question.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:56 pm

If (when? ;) ) City go up how many of the current squad do you think are good enough for the Premiership (including loanees who may then be available as permanent transfers) - given survival would be first priority where would we need to strengthen?
Goalkeepers - who's good enough; who's not?
Defence - ditto
Mid-field - ditto
Strikers - ditto

What about the 'management team'?

Re: If Cardiff go up ....... another question.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:19 pm

McNaughton
Whittingham
Oli
Bellamy
Jet
Bothroyd
Chopra if he loses a few pounds

Burke as an impact sub.

Think them players could just about do a job if surrounded by quality new signings

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Burker is alot better as a starting player. As seen in the last few games.

I think he is more than capable of premiership football.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 pm

McNaughton, Keinan, Whitts, Bellamy, Bothroyd.

Jury would be out over: Hudson, Heaton, Chopra, Olifinjana, Marshall, Quinn, Burke

Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Heaton, McNaughton, Keinan, Hudson, Whittingham, Burke, Chopra, Bothroyd, Bellamy, Olofinjana MAYBE

I think the rest are subs at best.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:McNaughton
Whittingham
Oli
Bellamy
Jet
Bothroyd
Chopra if he loses a few pounds

Burke as an impact sub.

Think them players could just about do a job if surrounded by quality new signings

Cant argue with this! Cant wait to see Whittingham tear it up!!!

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:08 pm

heaton, quinn, hudson, whitts, burke, chops [agree about weight] bothroyd and mcnaughton are the only players on our books id keep! ... the rest could go! .... id love to keep oli and bellamy though! ... keinan maybe! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm

I'd be happy with these starting, in a unrealistic world there could be loads of improvements

Heaton

Hudson, Keinan and McNaughton. Good partnership between the first two and it could be important. Surprising there are three defenders considering our problems before Keinans arrival.

Oli (missed him more than most when he hasn't played), Whittingham, Jet

Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra

Need strengthening at fullback and in midfield. So they would be my transfer targets.

I'd keep Quinn, Marshall, Mcphail, Burke and maybe Black just for his versatility as squad players.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm

EllBoy wrote:If (when? ;) ) City go up how many of the current squad do you think are good enough for the Premiership (including loanees who may then be available as permanent transfers) - given survival would be first priority where would we need to strengthen?
Goalkeepers - who's good enough; who's not?
Defence - ditto
Mid-field - ditto
Strikers - ditto

What about the 'management team'?

I think you only need to look at Blackpool and they have faired this season with almost the same squad.

I thought some of their players weren't good enough for the Championship and now they are regulars in the Prem.

David Vaughan for example. He being linked with a move to other Prem clubs after his contract expires!

I don't think we'll have to add too much other than to fill the gaps left by all the loanees returnng to their clubs.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 pm

call me cautious lads lets get there first bloobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 pm

pengamblue wrote:call me cautious lads lets get there first bloobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: