Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAVE WE PEAKED TOO EARLY

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm

My worry is...a few weeks ago when Swansea beat leeds and took 2nd..i said Swansea had peaked too early...and it proved right...

I said Norwich had peaked too early when they went 4 pts clear..

Now we are 2nd with some difficult away games and home to QPR coming up....Have we peaked too early?? 5 games is a long time...

What do you think??? A win against Portsmouth will settle my nerves a bit coz then its only 4 games :ayatollah:

Re: HAVE WE PEAKED TOO EARLY

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

its now or never :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 pm

5 games left??? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm

i'd rather be 2nd than 3rd. we just need to keep this winning run going.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Perfect iming. If we cant peak now then it will be preseason butt

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 pm

How about Reading have they peaked to early ?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Peaked too early...after 41 games?!! :lol: :lol:

Just the right time if you ask me. Yours too lose now, not a bad situation to be in eh ;)

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Rather than think of it in terms of peaking and all that. In years gone buy we would have gone there and lost

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 923066.stm for example. This time we won, improved squad/team etc.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Strange post indeed....

Would you rather be 2nd or 3rd with 5 games to go and the pressure on those in the chasing pack??

We've worked fecking hard to get here in the last couple of weeks and, as Stan-QPR states, it's ours to lose....

It's currently in OUR hands....and surely that's a GOOD place to be?!?!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:32 am

Peaked?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:51 am

I always peak to early with the Mrs. Pisses her off. :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 am

ccfcdor wrote:My worry is...a few weeks ago when Swansea beat leeds and took 2nd..i said Swansea had peaked too early...and it proved right...

Now we are 2nd with some difficult away games and home to QPR coming up....Have we peaked too early?? 5 games is a long time...

What do you think??? A win against Portsmouth will settle my nerves a bit coz then its only 4 games :ayatollah:

at the end of season forum awards your getting my vote for most miserable git!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:32 am

between the end of August and December City were constantly in the top 2 of the division and dropped to 3rd only once during the 4 months of which we topped the table twice ......... since January they have been in the top 4 for the remainder of the season but dropped to 5th for 1 game and now we currently sit 2nd with 5 games left . Never mind peaks this is CONSISTENCY which will result in us finishing 2nd and auto promotion whereas Reading are flying at the mo and have come from mid to lower table obscurity and WILL go on to Wembley and win the play off Final :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Peaked too early...after 41 games?!! :lol: :lol:

Just the right time if you ask me. Yours too lose now, not a bad situation to be in eh ;)

I know lol, we peak any later it will be next season :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 am

krab wrote:its now or never :ayatollah:

Kevin, I Feel the same, we had to peak against Derby and Win these games and get in to the top 2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Peaked too early...after 41 games?!! :lol: :lol:

Nice to have some perspective from an outsider. Totally agree with Stan here :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:41 am

ccfcdor wrote:My worry is...a few weeks ago when Swansea beat leeds and took 2nd..i said Swansea had peaked too early...and it proved right...

In Internet geeky speak - Are you trolling us?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 am

Are you f*cking nuts braa?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We couldnt have hit form at a more crucial time, had we LOST the last
three games we would now be SEVENTH with no chance of automatic
promotion. I dont believe we've peaked at all. Donny, Derby and Sheff
Utd are struggling sides, we had to beat them to have any chance of
second place. The good thing is, we are starting to get a bit of momentum
Pompey WILL NOT be an easy game Saturday, but i reckon if we see
them off we will be chomping at the bit for revenge against QPR

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 am

Peaked means playing to our full potential. We are not playing at our best thats for sure but we are winning. So no we have NOT peaked. Hopefully that could come ???

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:46 am

We are peaking at the right time it was nearly too late!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am

We haven't even started yet lads! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 am

hope your right! :ayatollah: :old:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Peaked means playing to our full potential. We are not playing at our best thats for sure but we are winning. So no we have NOT peaked. Hopefully that could come ???

I truly think we are close. I'm worried about him putting Naylor in ahead
of Blake. If he keeps the side that played Tuesday (apart from Naylor) I
think we will have a tough game against Pompey, but will eventually win
by two clear goals minimum.

As for peaking?? that could well come against QPR. I have a sneaky feeling
we are going to play them off the park. After which, I think we will have some
daylight between us and the chasing pack. The team will relax a bit and the
football will get even better

... and then i woke up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could happen!!

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

we are peaking at the right time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Three wins on the bounce so far this month - there is no reason why we can't keep on doing it. If Reading can manage six wins we can make it eight.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Better to peak now than not at all :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:49 am

Hahaha, just read this topic title again and it's a typical Cardiff fan's mentality isn't it. Even when we get it seemingly right, we are all still worried we will balls it up! :D

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am

its far more important that we are in pole position now and dont have to rely on teams messing up to get into 2nd. thats pressure. not only when we HAVE to win but they have to drop points too. its in our hands now, that can go either way lets just hope we now have some momentum to carry it on. reading, jacks and norwich have the pressure because they HAVe to win now to have any hope.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:47 am

It will go down to the last game of season, we're all in with a shout for 2nd, i think Norwich will draw or may even loose
tonight forest will be up for it, you'll slip up vs pompey and we'll do the same next week. Twists and turns until the last game
I can't predict who will get it , we'll see in 3wks.This is where you need Big squads with quality to come in and replace the tired legs at this stage.
US Jacks got the squad so we'll see.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm

colours wrote:It will go down to the last game of season, we're all in with a shout for 2nd, i think Norwich will draw or may even loose
tonight forest will be up for it, you'll slip up vs pompey and we'll do the same next week. Twists and turns until the last game
I can't predict who will get it , we'll see in 3wks.This is where you need Big squads with quality to come in and replace the tired legs at this stage.
US Jacks got the squad so we'll see.

More twists and turns than a gay pub packed with Jack supporters :lol: :lol: :lol: but hey you are right though its gonna go to the wire. Personally i would love to see us go up in second and you lot go up from the play offs. Why ? because 1 our Derby matches is what football is all about and i don't want to loose that, and 2nd having 2 Welsh teams in the English Premier League they are going to hate it and they will have to call it the English / Welsh Premier league. Oh i still f*cking hate you with every ounce of me.