Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES"

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 pm

How often City have won a game during Dave Jones' reign as manager when the opposition have scored the first goal. The answer is just 5 times from 87 Championship matches.

The record, season by season, is as follows:

2005/06: Opposition scored first 21 times, City won 1, drew 3, lost 17

2006/07: Opposition scored first 21 times, City won 0, drew 5, lost 16

2007/08: Opposition scored first 19 times, City won 3, drew 4, lost 12

2008/09: Opposition scored first 20 times, City won 1, drew 9, lost 10

2009/10: Opposition scored first 6 times, City won 0, drew 1, lost 5

Overall: Opposition scored first 87 times, City won 5, drew 22, lost 60

So, how does that record compare with other teams in the Championship? Well, City's position in the table for each season based on results when the opposition scores first is as follows:

2005/06: 22nd

2006/07: 24th

2007/08: 8th

2008/09: 10th

2009/10: 22nd

The team's record under Jones when conceding first is really poor considering their overall playing record.

Re: " DAVE JONES"

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:16 pm

I also think what my genuine concern is that, once we go on a bad run, he seems incapable of arresting this run. I would be interested to see what he does for saturday's game against Preston, a tough game. He said he is dropping certain players, but how can he make the wholsale changes that are necessary when we only have a paper thin squad anyway?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I also think what my genuine concern is that, once we go on a bad run, he seems incapable of arresting this run. I would be interested to see what he does for saturday's game against Preston, a tough game. He said he is dropping certain players, but how can he make the wholsale changes that are necessary when we only have a paper thin squad anyway?

Thats wehere DJ worries me big time, how will he stop the rot.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:22 pm

he wont annis,we are in free fall.He said hes going to make changes but hes got nobody to bring in,depressing times ahead im afraid.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:29 pm

herefordblue wrote:he wont annis,we are in free fall.He said hes going to make changes but hes got nobody to bring in,depressing times ahead im afraid.

I agree he has got nobody to bring in and that is down to him. He worries me.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Annis been trying to fing the stats to show you its shocking aint it out of all 92 clubs we are 90 in the table winning after conceeding first in even charlton managed it 4 times last year and west brom have already come from behind five times this year

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm

pompey blue wrote:Annis been trying to fing the stats to show you its shocking aint it out of all 92 clubs we are 90 in the table winning after conceeding first in even charlton managed it 4 times last year and west brom have already come from behind five times this year

Its worse than shocking and in my opinion he has to go.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 pm

you and i have been saying this for along time now mate

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm

pompey blue wrote:you and i have been saying this for along time now mate

Far to long, we got slated for it.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:14 pm

He has to go, Under him this season I cant see us above midd table, he has lost it.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

The facts are there above.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 am

Our season is dead and burried only got fa cup to look forward to and our record against palace isnt that good so i have no hope of reaching the 4th round!You still have something to play for and i think a change of manager is needed just like we need a change aswell! Laws and Jones are the same type of person! They are just "YES" men! No balls when it comes to the crunch!A change for you now could push you onwards!A change for us might just keep us in the division!!!!! CHANGE??? Sooner the better for both of us one thinks!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 am

sam salim wrote:Our season is dead and burried only got fa cup to look forward to and our record against palace isnt that good so i have no hope of reaching the 4th round!You still have something to play for and i think a change of manager is needed just like we need a change aswell! Laws and Jones are the same type of person! They are just "YES" men! No balls when it comes to the crunch!A change for you now could push you onwards!A change for us might just keep us in the division!!!!! CHANGE??? Sooner the better for both of us one thinks!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Sam, you think you might not stay up, I really hope you do, you belong in the Premier.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:35 am

we need a change of personel Annis! We have big hopes every season and by christmas our season is over! Our support is unbelievable at times and we know where we should be! We are a premership set up with a non league board!Our hopes this season has been able to get a pint of carling in the ground and a pie and pea offer!!!!!! Says it all mate!!!!! im gutted and so are thousands of others!!!! we need a change before its to late!!!!!!!!!!! :( I FEAR THE WORST!!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 am

He has taken us as far as he can, under DJ we will always be a mid table mediocre side, its time for change but i agree under PR he will stay no matter what its time for change throughout the hierachy.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

DJ has no drive, ambition, fire in his belly,respect for the fans, club or players. He has reached the end of the road as far as cardiff city is concerned. Im sorry to say. :(

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:01 am

electricblue wrote:DJ has no drive, ambition, fire in his belly,respect for the fans, club or players. He has reached the end of the road as far as cardiff city is concerned. Im sorry to say. :(

Agree with that.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 am

I'm a believer that we give him the chance. Remember when we went up from the previous division in 2003? We were all calling for Lennie Lawrence's name as we struggled to find form. Ok, so we finished 6th, but we still got promoted and the next season we played dazzling football.

Football is a funny old game and none of us can predict what will happen. I feel we should stick with Jones just for this season. If we fail to go up then fair enough, I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. However, I think we stand the best chance of promotion by sticking with him.

You're forgetting lads, the reason we're on a shit run is because he won manager of the month last month! It's in the football commandments. Thou shallt not win a game the month after winning motm award! :)

I have confidence that Jones will turn it around. I don't feel we've played good, consistent football at all this season but we're still up there and being tipped for the final fight. Jones is here until Ridsdale sacks him so until he's gone I think we should get behind him and the boys. Obviously I can't condemn booing after performances like Ipswich (I was one who was appalled by that display) but let's get behind them all when that whistle blows on the weekend.