Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DJ Should Remain Manager Even If We Stay Down? "

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:53 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:i CANNOT BELIEVE that a manager would talk about something like that during the MOST important period for our club. I'd take what he said as destabilising to the club - entertaining scenarios if we fail to go up. He should not even let the possibility of not going up enter his mind - if he has doubts, then that impacts on the players.

I am not sure he has said in that piece anything about failing to go up.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Wayne S wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:i CANNOT BELIEVE that a manager would talk about something like that during the MOST important period for our club. I'd take what he said as destabilising to the club - entertaining scenarios if we fail to go up. He should not even let the possibility of not going up enter his mind - if he has doubts, then that impacts on the players.

I am not sure he has said in that piece anything about failing to go up.

Good point!! It is implied by the article but DJ doesn't mention it!

Anyway,

"WHO'S GIVES A F*CK .....................WE'RE CARDIFF CITY AND WE'RE GOING UP!!!!!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:
quadsas wrote:He has to go even if we get promoted.

now that's silly isn't it.

Erm.... just a moment.

if we go up. It means we had a team too good for the Championship.

but we would all concede that a good portion of the players might not be
up to the Premiership. We will replace them.

Why should the manager be immune from this cull???

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:Used to think he had to go.

But if we are still in the Championship next season, I know the momentum would seem slow but at least it will still be with us and DJ. He will slowly but surely be learning from the failures. A new manager will not guarantee progress. DJ will only need minor changes to get it right, anyone else will make mass changes that could derail just as easy as succeed.

What do you think?

In the BBC piece he seems desperate to stay on. Does he want to finish what he started or does he just know a good thing when it comes his way?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13068106.stm

Totally agree. DJ to stay IF we don't go up....but I don't think it'll come to that....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Sorry but just because we beat Derby Doncaster And Sheff Utd dosen't make D.J Sir Alex. He is more than capable of loosing every game till the end of the season and don't say he can't Remember our last season at Ninian Park when all we needed was one point. We all need to give 100% support until the end of the season and that is what we will do but i still feel the same way about DJ.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but just because we beat Derby Doncaster And Sheff Utd dosen't make D.J Sir Alex. He is more than capable of loosing every game till the end of the season and don't say he can't Remember our last season at Ninian Park when all we needed was one point. We all need to give 100% support until the end of the season and that is what we will do but i still feel the same way about DJ.

Mate I think anyone who is saying DJ should stay, even if we don't get promoted, is dull. That man should have to feel like he has to fight for his job. What motivation does he have if he knows he can get away with messing up again, and stay in a job.

And they say we're negative...

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 pm

He has to go if we don't go up. With the team we've got, we should win the league.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 am

But if we are still in the Championship next season, I know the momentum would seem slow but at least it will still be with us and DJ. He will slowly but surely be learning from the failures. A new manager will not guarantee progress. DJ will only need minor changes to get it right, anyone else will make mass changes that could derail just as easy as succeed.

What do you think?

In the BBC piece he seems desperate to stay on. Does he want to finish what he started or does he just know a good thing when it comes his way?

totally agree, there's no way id be getting rid of Jones with what he's done for this club no matter what
without him and the money hes brought in from players, i really believe we wouldnt have a club after how Sam Hammam left us

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but just because we beat Derby Doncaster And Sheff Utd dosen't make D.J Sir Alex.

I'm not saying he is, but I am weighing up the slow progress being made against the upheaval that could come if he left.

We are deluded if we think someone like Martin O'Neill will come in and be given £50million to spend.

We have had years and years of management changes and languishing in the doldrums. I want success yesterday just like everyone else, but sometimes the steady progression like under DJ is acceptable. Surely DJ will be more geared for success than someone starting from scratch?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:22 am

What do you think?

Just a couple of things about that BBC article and the biggest one is that at least he has admitted he was talking to other clubs, or at least his agent was, about taking over at another club. How many people have had a go at Annis when he has said DJ had his agent touting him around last season well here is the proof direct from the man himself. It just goes to show there is no loyalty in football with either players or managers and DJ is no different.

As for asking TG for guarantees about further investment and being in it for the long run that just stink of his arrogence because after his performance in the playoff final he should have had his prayer mat out begging to stay.

As for changing the manager is no guarantee of success well Neil Warnock is in his first full season as QPR manager, Paul Lambert at Norwich, Brendan Rodgers at Swansea and Brian McDermott at Reading are all good examples of where changing a manager can have a positive effect.

If we fail this season I believe DJ should go and more importantly he should drop on his sword rather than wait to be sacked but I doubt he will do that he will probably wait and see how much further he can ride the gravy train that is Cardiff City Football Club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Mate I think anyone who is saying DJ should stay, even if we don't get promoted, is dull.

Dull is a bit strong. I have an 'old skool' CSE in Chemistry.

I am actually not averse to DJ being sacked and if he did go on to lose every game 'til the end of the season, he should.

But he will not and if it is again a close miss, at least we will have stayed in with a chance of automatic for a longer period than any season before. THAT will be progress even if it is slow.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but just because we beat Derby Doncaster And Sheff Utd dosen't make D.J Sir Alex. He is more than capable of loosing every game till the end of the season and don't say he can't Remember our last season at Ninian Park when all we needed was one point. We all need to give 100% support until the end of the season and that is what we will do but i still feel the same way about DJ.

Mate I think anyone who is saying DJ should stay, even if we don't get promoted, is dull. That man should have to feel like he has to fight for his job. What motivation does he have if he knows he can get away with messing up again, and stay in a job.

Well Said Both of you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

you shouldn't be calling people dull for wanting him to stay.imo thats well out of order!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:01 am

Naïve, blinkered, heads in sand, dull...

No matter what you want to call it, if this scenario unfolds where he stays on following yet another bottling (with a quality squad this time), then keeping the man in the job would be a disaster. If he can't do it with this squad, then he never will. The same thing will only happen again next season in this case.

Most of you who like him, earlier in the season, kept repeating the mantra 'give him until the end of the season'. That's what we are doing. Some even said he should walk if we fail. I can't see what has changed.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 am

carlccfc wrote:As this thread is pointless because of the fact we are going up, I would like to point people in the direction of a great manager Sir Alex Ferguson, after a little over 3 years in charge Fergie was one game away from being sacked as United boss, they faced Forest in an FA Cup tie and Mark Robins scored the only goal to save Fergie's job.

United went on to win the cup that season in 1989-90 and Fergie had his first bit of success as manager at the club, it took another 2 years for Fergie to overcome his sceptics finally and the rest they say is history.

:lol: :lol:

So if we go up we have another 30 years of DJ as manager. :shock:

Oh shit.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:15 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Naïve, blinkered, heads in sand, dull...

No matter what you want to call it, if this scenario unfolds where he stays on following yet another bottling (with a quality squad this time), then keeping the man in the job would be a disaster. If he can't do it with this squad, then he never will. The same thing will only happen again next season in this case.

Most of you who like him, earlier in the season, kept repeating the mantra 'give him until the end of the season'. That's what we are doing. Some even said he should walk if we fail. I can't see what has changed.

i do think he will go if we dont go up,but the thread was a question.i said i would like him to stay but that dont make me dull by any means!i wouldn't call you or any other fan dull for wanting him to go.annis is dj's biggest critic on here but i wouldn't slate him for slating him all the time.some like dj,some dont thats all mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:19 am

Ok Bob mate, I apologise to you personally for labelling you that. Some of the others though are very deserving of it.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Ok Bob mate, I apologise to you personally for labelling you that. Some of the others though are very deserving of it.

cheers fella,are you in the ninian tomorrow?im picking a book up from annis.will be nice to meet you all

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:45 am

boxerbob wrote:[annis is dj's biggest critic on here

I make Annis look like DJs best mate.

Uh.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
boxerbob wrote:[annis is dj's biggest critic on here

I make Annis look like DJs best mate.

Uh.

:lol:dont be so hard on him :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

Personally, I think even when DJ gets us up he'll take us straight back down so if we don't go up this year we need a change. I'd have a punt at Poyet if we can persuade him. No, things might not get better under a new manager but long term, things just don't look good under Jones.

I do wish him all the best this season though and if we go up this season, I don't care how, he deserves the opportunity to manage us next season.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 pm

DJ should stay whatever happens. We have made huge progress since he took over. If we did go up and almost inevitably came straight back down (which we more than likely would whoever the manager was) then we should still stick with him. We are where we are because of stability. If only the club as whole could have been so stable during this same period we would probably be even better. Until this season DJ has had an impossible task and regularly lost players each season. Even at the start of this season he had to cope with a transfer embargo.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:59 pm

DJ has lived by the excuses that we had ot sell our best players. No one can argue agaisnt him there. However this season its been a different ball game as he has had the chance to bring in quality. However I dont think he can hold his head up high here. Excluding Bellamy and perhaps Oli the rest of the quality he has brought in have been his downfall this season.

Keogh most are saying he was pants.

Drinkwater had a good start but a recurring injury finished him off, DJ knew all of this but still took the gamble therefore must take responsibility for it.

Koumas has been the biggest disappointment of them all. I dont consider 5 minutes of football at Doncaster as a good reason to forgive over this signing.

Naylor, not far behind Koumas as far as disappointment goes.

If we could have got players in that were a fraction useful than the above we could have been the QPR of this season. I fear if we go up then we could have a repeat of this scenario. We will need to bring in the right players else we could do a Derby. Is DJ the right man for this?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:59 pm

castleblue wrote:

What do you think?

Just a couple of things about that BBC article and the biggest one is that at least he has admitted he was talking to other clubs, or at least his agent was, about taking over at another club. How many people have had a go at Annis when he has said DJ had his agent touting him around last season well here is the proof direct from the man himself. It just goes to show there is no loyalty in football with either players or managers and DJ is no different.

As for asking TG for guarantees about further investment and being in it for the long run that just stink of his arrogence because after his performance in the playoff final he should have had his prayer mat out begging to stay.

As for changing the manager is no guarantee of success well Neil Warnock is in his first full season as QPR manager, Paul Lambert at Norwich, Brendan Rodgers at Swansea and Brian McDermott at Reading are all good examples of where changing a manager can have a positive effect.

If we fail this season I believe DJ should go and more importantly he should drop on his sword rather than wait to be sacked but I doubt he will do that he will probably wait and see how much further he can ride the gravy train that is Cardiff City Football Club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for that, I dont make lies up like some people try to make people believe, Jones has gone to quite a few interviews and touted himself around on quite a few occasions and I have always said and maintained that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:28 pm

DJ has been our most successful manager for a many years ! He should stay !

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 pm

What do you think?

No this got to be DJs last chance. He only wants to stay because of the big bucks he earns.

I am not a DJ hater. He has been good for our club.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 pm

5 games left...maybe 8 nerves are wrecked but i hope Jones does it

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Wizzard wrote:5 games left...maybe 8 nerves are wrecked but i hope Jones does it

3 posts Wizzard and you come up with that! Magic !

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:56 am

give him 10 - 15 games of the season at least, its his work his players only fair he gets his share with us in the premier league.
I know its football and sometimes people will be ruthless but

I like the guy.
:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:12 am

Strange, but IF we dont go up. There will be a big shake-up of players. Players will
leave because they didnt do the business. Thats football.

so i find it odd that so many are happy to keep in place the very man who brought
these players in, and more importantly failed to get them to bond as a team for
the majority of the season.

Lets not forget that yet more injuries have led to Bellers playing a more Central role
and SuperKev playing CentreBack. We have been dogged by injuries all season and
this hasnt been helped by the manager bringing in injured or injury prone players.
So the fact that we now seem to have 'found' the right formation is down to luck not
judgement

Look at Parkin... what a waste of a wage. He was even injured before he got here.

We ARE going up, but more by luck than judgement!!!