Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

22 Years On: Hillsborough Disaster

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:41 pm

The day which changed the way we watched football today.

22 years on: Never Forgotten

R.I.P. to the 96 Football Fans who died that day.

:ayatollah:

Re: 22 Years On: Hillsborough Disaster

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

RIP to the 96 :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:45 am

RIP to the 96

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:47 am

RIP the 96.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:32 am

Justice for the 96 :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:20 am

Rip and Justice to the 96! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 am

Justice!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:57 am

RIP to the 96 and may those responsible be made accountable!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:58 am

R.I.P

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 am

I've been to a game when they were commemorating the anniversary one year and it was really haunting. All the flowers outside the Leppings Lane end gate. A very sad day. It's a shame the incorrect conclusion of events that day have led to the families and football suffering the most rather than those responsible.

Anyway, this is no topic for any anger. Such a tragedy and one that we can only hope will never happen again.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 am

R.I.P Guys, girls and children :cry:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:08 am

RIP to all that suffered,my thoughts are with you all

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:08 am

RIP!!
Justice for the 96!!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 am

I've been to a game when they were commemorating the anniversary one year and it was really haunting. All the flowers outside the Leppings Lane end gate. A very sad day. It's a shame the incorrect conclusion of events that day have led to the families and football suffering the most rather than those responsible.

Anyway, this is no topic for any anger. Such a tragedy and one that we can only hope will never happen again.

Zabier, this is not correct.

The Taylor report cited a lack of Police control for the disaster. However Duckenfield and the rest were allowed to wriggle away without any direct punishment.

This is a national shame.

The bastards should of hung for this.

Is it any wonder that there is a large element of football fans with ZERO respect for the police ?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 am

mrbluejay wrote:I've been to a game when they were commemorating the anniversary one year and it was really haunting. All the flowers outside the Leppings Lane end gate. A very sad day. It's a shame the incorrect conclusion of events that day have led to the families and football suffering the most rather than those responsible.

The Taylor report cited a lack of Police control for the disaster. However Duckenfield and the rest were allowed to wriggle away without any direct punishment.

Is it any wonder that there is a large element of football fans with ZERO respect for the police ?

In my limited opinion, the police were in a no win situation. It was either open the gates or keep them shut and see hundreds crushed on the outside. If loads of Liverpool fans hadn't turned up without tickets and tried to rush the gates then none of it would have happened. It's no point playing the blame game. Who possibly could have predicted the events that happened. Retrospect is a great thing. I don't know enough of the ins and outs but from what I do know it's impossible to blame one or two people. It seems a number of consequences and coincidences came together to cause the tragedy.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Zabier wrote:
mrbluejay wrote:I've been to a game when they were commemorating the anniversary one year and it was really haunting. All the flowers outside the Leppings Lane end gate. A very sad day. It's a shame the incorrect conclusion of events that day have led to the families and football suffering the most rather than those responsible.

In my limited opinion, the police were in a no win situation. It was either open the gates or keep them shut and see hundreds crushed on the outside. If loads of Liverpool fans hadn't turned up without tickets and tried to rush the gates then none of it would have happened. It's no point playing the blame game. Who possibly could have predicted the events that happened. Retrospect is a great thing. I don't know enough of the ins and outs but from what I do know it's impossible to blame one or two people. It seems a number of consequences and coincidences came together to cause the tragedy.

Sorry Zabier, I know nothing about you, so I'm trying not to personalise this - but you are talking complete bollocks.

You can blame one or two people. The Police were completely out of their depth and panicked - they fucked up pure & simple. Whatever you or I or anyone else thinks of Liverpool fans, 96 never went home that day, because of police incompetence. Many of us have suffered at the hands of the law, due to the way they stereotype us, both as a club and as football fans.

They have blood on their hands.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Justice for the 96. RIP fellow football fans :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96 R.I.P

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Zabier wrote:

Sorry mate you are very wrong. The issue was not in opening the gates or not, the problem ws everyone was led down the same tunnel into an already packed terrace. The sides of the terrace were virtuallly empty and they should have been led that way, whilst the tunnel simply had to have been blocked. The mistake was made in opening the gate and NOT ensuring the tunnel was blocked. Strangely enough there has never been evidence on that day that there were that many ticketless fans, the problem was the pen where the crush happened was massively over populated because they were not spread into the side pens. There was no rushing the gates, the natural weight of the crowd pushed it through. This is not my opinion and certainly not from the gutter press, this is from the official enquiry where they gathered all evidence.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Zabier wrote:

Are you a Sun reader by any chance?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Great to see city fans showing respect to fellow fans. Justice for the 966, YNWA

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:17 am

Zabier wrote:

In my limited opinion, the police were in a no win situation. It was either open the gates or keep them shut and see hundreds crushed on the outside. If loads of Liverpool fans hadn't turned up without tickets and tried to rush the gates then none of it would have happened. It's no point playing the blame game. Who possibly could have predicted the events that happened. Retrospect is a great thing. I don't know enough of the ins and outs but from what I do know it's impossible to blame one or two people. It seems a number of consequences and coincidences came together to cause the tragedy.[/quote]

I suggest you read this link, it will help your "limited opinion" on what actually happened

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/hi ... ldup1.shtm

here's our site's flag

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:28 am

YNWA to the 96 we lost that day and to those who we have lost or will never be the same since

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:10 am

Justice for the 96!