Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The infamous kidnapped burnley fans story

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:17 pm

it did happen, i went to the game in a car with mozzer and 3 others, on the main road out of Burnley to the motorway a minibus in front of us was bricked, the brakes on in an instant and a few very irate city fans out in pursuit of the guilty, two of them were caught and brought back to the mini bus(we had stopped to have a nose), they were then given a severe kick-in-deserved imo(think of what could have happened with bricks being lobbed from a motorway bridge, they were stripped and thrown in the back of the mini-bus-the kidnapping did take place, the only thing we could not confirm was how far they were taken on the journey home, rumour has it they were ejected at the celtic manor roundabout :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The infamous kidnapped burnley fans story

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:it did happen, i went to the game in a car with mozzer and 3 others, on the main road out of Burnley to the motorway a minibus in front of us was bricked, the brakes on in an instant and a few very irate city fans out in pursuit of the guilty, two of them were caught and brought back to the mini bus(we had stopped to have a nose), they were then given a severe kick-in-deserved imo(think of what could have happened with bricks being lobbed from a motorway bridge, they were stripped and thrown in the back of the mini-bus-the kidnapping did take place, the only thing we could not confirm was how far they were taken on the journey home, rumour has it they were ejected at the celtic manor roundabout :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 pm

if it was the day we got promoted mid 80's a bus from ystrad mynach got bricked the boys chased the burnley boys and threw them in a canal police were called and nicked the lot of them and took them to stations all over the county huw d from hengoed spent most of sunday picking them up

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:03 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:it did happen, i went to the game in a car with mozzer and 3 others, on the main road out of Burnley to the motorway a minibus in front of us was bricked, the brakes on in an instant and a few very irate city fans out in pursuit of the guilty, two of them were caught and brought back to the mini bus(we had stopped to have a nose), they were then given a severe kick-in-deserved imo(think of what could have happened with bricks being lobbed from a motorway bridge, they were stripped and thrown in the back of the mini-bus-the kidnapping did take place, the only thing we could not confirm was how far they were taken on the journey home, rumour has it they were ejected at the celtic manor roundabout :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in the minibus. Burnley fans threw a house brick through our windscreen. We slammed the brakes on and chased them down to a Canal where they all jumped onto a barge going under a bridge except for one of them. He had a few right hooks and we decided to take him back to Cardiff. We drove a few miles down the road and decided to turn back and look for his mates. As we returned to the bridge where they threw the brick they had returned. We slammed the brakes on again and chased 5 of them into a school playground where it was payback time for us.

Just as we had finished off the Burnley fans the police arrived. To which we replied "officer we caught them". The officer said I can see that as he looked at the blooded Burnley fans. The police then called reinforcements and took 15 of us, the 5 Burnley fans from the playground and the 1 Burnley fan off the back of our bus to Nelson police station in Burnley.

I was the spokesman for our group and after being locked in the cells for 2 hours I was called to see the officer in charge. He said he saw the case as tit for tat. He said if you don't press charges against the Burnley fans for criminal damage they won't press charges against you for assault. He said there is one problem the first boy you duffed up who was on the back of your
van was not with the Burnley fans and was tickling trout in the canal when the Burnley fans ran past him. The officer said he needed everyone to drop the charges for everyone to be released and said I have put the Burnley fans in the same cell as the fisherman to talk him around. Five minutes later the officer gave us the thumbs up and said you can go.

The good old days.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:05 pm

tredomenblue wrote:if it was the day we got promoted mid 80's a bus from ystrad mynach got bricked the boys chased the burnley boys and threw them in a canal police were called and nicked the lot of them and took them to stations all over the county huw d from hengoed spent most of sunday picking them up

We were from Ystrad Mynach but no one was arrested or charged.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

all you ystrad boys are the same blue boy not like us high class people from hengoed

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Magners wrote:

I was in the minibus. Burnley fans threw a house brick through our windscreen. We slammed the brakes on and chased them down to a Canal where they all jumped onto a barge going under a bridge except for one of them. He had a few right hooks and we decided to take him back to Cardiff. We drove a few miles down the road and decided to turn back and look for his mates. As we returned to the bridge where they threw the brick they had returned. We slammed the brakes on again and chased 5 of them into a school playground where it was payback time for us.

Just as we had finished off the Burnley fans the police arrived. To which we replied "officer we caught them". The officer said I can see that as he looked at the blooded Burnley fans. The police then called reinforcements and took 15 of us, the 5 Burnley fans from the playground and the 1 Burnley fan off the back of our bus to Nelson police station in Burnley.

I was the spokesman for our group and after being locked in the cells for 2 hours I was called to see the officer in charge. He said he saw the case as tit for tat. He said if you don't press charges against the Burnley fans for criminal damage they won't press charges against you for assault. He said there is one problem the first boy you duffed up who was on the back of your
van was not with the Burnley fans and was tickling trout in the canal when the Burnley fans ran past him. The officer said he needed everyone to drop the charges for everyone to be released and said I have put the Burnley fans in the same cell as the fisherman to talk him around. Five minutes later the officer gave us the thumbs up and said you can go.

The good old days.

i nearly fell off my seat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Magners wrote:

The good old days.

The perfect soundtrack for that story would be this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Sounds like such a random comical trip. :D

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 pm

fantastic story lads :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Magners wrote:

The good old days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant.you wouldn't have a slap on the wrist these days mate

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I used to tickle trout by the canal. The girls used to love it down there.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Magners wrote:

The good old days.

love that, thanx for sharing..... :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:48 am

Here's one for you...after a wals game in 1980 we were driving down ninian park road singing jac songs to wind the cardiff lads up.

We got by the empire pool and two skinheads came running over to us.

Ok here we go we thought and the lads said " hey mush any chance of a lift back to swansea?"

No problem jump in :D

Shut the back doors and kicked them all them all the way to blackwier when we let them out minus their boots and braces.

crying like babies :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 pm

cheers lads, my memory wasn't too bad almost got it correct :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: