Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PROMOTION AT THE C.C.S.!! "

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:58 am

taffyapple wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Well ladies & gents it looks likely that fate has thrown up another strange one.

Scenario 1

Cardiff fail to beat Portsmouth, QPR beat Derby on Monday-QPR will be promoted

Scenario 2

Cardiff beat Portsmouth, QPR beat Derby which means QPR just need a point in Cardiff to gain promotion

Would you Adam & Eve it!! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we beat Pompey today. And I think we'll give them a bit of a hiding I'm afraid
QPR will have that "after the mayors show" feeling when they leave Cardiff next week"...

Promoted or not by then, you will be Champions elect, needing a point from three games
and probably not even that cos someone else will drop that point you need.Cardiff City
however will be chomping at the bit to exact a bit of revenge against QPR. Sort of a
"so you think your the Champions do ya!" feeling. We are hitting form, Bellamy is FINALLY
fit, and most important... our defence is solid FINALLY.

The R's were not that much better than us at LR, first half we were excellent, but defensive
frailties cost us YET AGAIN.

I can see Bellamy, Bothroyd, Whitts, Burkey, Bellamy, Olifinjana, McPhail and Co giving you
lot a bit of a spanking.... See, read the names ive just posted... Now imagine them with a
solid defence behind them. As skilful as Taraabt undoubtedly is, he's NEVER going to be as
good as an on fire Craig Bellamy.

Taffy, after the lord mayor's show or not no sane R's fan would give a toss frankly. As long as we're going up I don't care how, where, or when it happens.

You seem very confident of walloping both Portsmouth & ourselves, tad over confident do you think? Norwich's result last night has now stacked even greater pressure on your players today knowing ONLY a win will do.

You name a lot of your team in your post but most if not all of them played at Loftus Rd & were beaten. You scored a very lucky goal when our defender Kaspars Gorkks slipped & let Bellamy run on & score, other than that we were not troubled, it could be argued you had a penalty shout late on but that's neither here nor there.

Bellamy should be the best player in the league this year & if we're honest he's not even in the top 5 after players like Taarabt, Danny Graham, Scott Sinclair, Grant Holt & Shane Long, not to mention players like Paddy Kenny also having a much more productive campaign. On his day Taarabt would piss all over Bellamy imho, 16 goals & 19 assists back that statement up also.

I've noticed a lot of your posts have been about turning us over & of course it could well happen & also I admire your confidence but if you were to ask me how we'll fair needing a point to get promoted I would say you are in for a disappointing day personally. Warnock is the very best at motivation so add to that the dangling carrot of Premiership football from a win at the CCS & I only see one winner.

Its a massive weekend in the NPower Championship & after Monday we will all be a little bit clearer as to where we all stand with regards to promotion.

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:29 am

Stan have you heard anything up there about you boys in talks with joe cole for next season

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:30 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Well ladies & gents it looks likely that fate has thrown up another strange one.

Scenario 1

Cardiff fail to beat Portsmouth, QPR beat Derby on Monday-QPR will be promoted

Scenario 2

Cardiff beat Portsmouth, QPR beat Derby which means QPR just need a point in Cardiff to gain promotion

Would you Adam & Eve it!! :D

If we beat Pompey today. And I think we'll give them a bit of a hiding I'm afraid
QPR will have that "after the mayors show" feeling when they leave Cardiff next week"...

Promoted or not by then, you will be Champions elect, needing a point from three games
and probably not even that cos someone else will drop that point you need.Cardiff City
however will be chomping at the bit to exact a bit of revenge against QPR. Sort of a
"so you think your the Champions do ya!" feeling. We are hitting form, Bellamy is FINALLY
fit, and most important... our defence is solid FINALLY.

The R's were not that much better than us at LR, first half we were excellent, but defensive
frailties cost us YET AGAIN.

I can see Bellamy, Bothroyd, Whitts, Burkey, Bellamy, Olifinjana, McPhail and Co giving you
lot a bit of a spanking.... See, read the names ive just posted... Now imagine them with a
solid defence behind them. As skilful as Taraabt undoubtedly is, he's NEVER going to be as
good as an on fire Craig Bellamy.

Taffy, after the lord mayor's show or not no sane R's fan would give a toss frankly. As long as we're going up I don't care how, where, or when it happens.

You seem very confident of walloping both Portsmouth & ourselves, tad over confident do you think? Norwich's result last night has now stacked even greater pressure on your players today knowing ONLY a win will do.

You name a lot of your team in your post but most if not all of them played at Loftus Rd & were beaten. You scored a very lucky goal when our defender Kaspars Gorkks slipped & let Bellamy run on & score, other than that we were not troubled, it could be argued you had a penalty shout late on but that's neither here nor there.

Bellamy should be the best player in the league this year & if we're honest he's not even in the top 5 after players like Taarabt, Danny Graham, Scott Sinclair, Grant Holt & Shane Long, not to mention players like Paddy Kenny also having a much more productive campaign. On his day Taarabt would piss all over Bellamy imho, 16 goals & 19 assists back that statement up also.

I've noticed a lot of your posts have been about turning us over & of course it could well happen & also I admire your confidence but if you were to ask me how we'll fair needing a point to get promoted I would say you are in for a disappointing day personally. Warnock is the very best at motivation so add to that the dangling carrot of Premiership football from a win at the CCS & I only see one winner.

Its a massive weekend in the NPower Championship & after Monday we will all be a little bit clearer as to where we all stand with regards to promotion.

Thats my whole point. No QPR fan will really be too disappointed if you dont win promotion
here... cos you'd love to do it on your own manor. Your players will have a teeny bit of that
in their minds too. Now agreed, Warnock is ten times better than Jones, particularly at
motivating his team. But Cardiff will need it more, and for once will be going out WANTING
it more. there's the difference. I also agree on Bellamy, there are a fair few players who
have been better than him this season, for a number of reasons. But he's ALWAYS maintained
that it was his fitness that has hampered him. Believe me, Cardiff City fans are now seeing
the REAL Craig Bellamy, hopefully, just in time!! Adel Taraabt has most definitely been a
better player this season, it would be nuts to suggest otherwise. But on their day?? Bellamy
has proven himself, and skinned alive some of the best defenders in the world. Taraabt has
turned it on (brilliantly) at this lower level, but is yet to prove himself up against the best!
I take your poi nt with Sean Derry too, what an amazing season, well done Warnock.

My point is. with the players at Jones' disposal, we should be ten points clear of QPR
but Warnock has taken and moulded a team of very talented individuals and a few old
warhorses and moulded them into a f*cking superb team.

Jones has taken a group of very talented individuals full stop... and struggled with them!!

Imagine Cardiff City coming at QPR next week as motivated and as keen as a QPR side...

Thats what i think will be facing you, and your players minds will already be in the Premiership
(and deservedly so)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 am

Great post Taffy. Good debate & plenty to chew over.

Bigboybaz-no mate haven't heard Joe Cole's name mentioned although I'd love it to be true. Not sure we'd go for massive names like that. The names I've heard linked with us so far have been;

Kevin Doyle
Jimmy Bullard
Olofinjana
McGugan from Forest
Michael Chopra

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Great post Taffy. Good debate & plenty to chew over.

Bigboybaz-no mate haven't heard Joe Cole's name mentioned although I'd love it to be true. Not sure we'd go for massive names like that. The names I've heard linked with us so far have been;

Kevin Doyle
Jimmy Bullard
Olofinjana
McGugan from Forest
Michael Chopra

Can these fellers cut it up there???

Doyle...... possibly
Bullard .......no, he's past his sellby date cos of all his injuries
Olifinjana........ no, I reckon Oli lacks the consistency
McGugan........ possibly, untested
Chopra......... no, again, lacks the consistency

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 am

If I had a choice I'd take Doyle, McGugan & Chopra.

Doyle, good finisher, McGugan yes untested but good ability & a decent eye for goal, Chops you well know but I feel under Warnock he would flourish personally.

All paper talk. Probably nowhere near the truth.

Do you fancy your owners to spend big if you go up? I think you would be much the same as us, build a hard working team to survive for a year & then crack right on the next season. Business must come first.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 am

You mean demotion on 6 May :D

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 am

Stan-QPR wrote:If I had a choice I'd take Doyle, McGugan & Chopra.

Doyle, good finisher, McGugan yes untested but good ability & a decent eye for goal, Chops you well know but I feel under Warnock he would flourish personally.

All paper talk. Probably nowhere near the truth.

Do you fancy your owners to spend big if you go up? I think you would be much the same as us, build a hard working team to survive for a year & then crack right on the next season. Business must come first.

Our owners will definitely get the cheque book out!!

Fortunately for Cardiff City, Vincent Tan has a long term strategy for football in the UK.
Its all tied to gambling, and the insatiable appetites over there to bet money on football

He owns the biggest sports gaming syndicate in Malaysia and has been given the nod
by the Malaysian government to head up the new 'legalisation' of gambling through his
group. He is selling 49% of the shares for £1billion so he can keep a controlling interest
AND fund the setting up of a massive new cash cow.

Football is huge in the Far East, gambling is even bigger even though its 'illegal' in Malaysia
So Cardiff City in the Premier League will become Malaysia's 'flagship' team. We will get
millions from marketing and sales of shirts etc over there. Malays are very patriotic and
will all flock to support a Club owned by a Malaysian.... Tan is set to make billions of dollars
more.

Once we get to the premiership, he will not take any chances of us going back down again.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 am

Wow that sounds interesting.

Seems like getting to the Premiership really is a shit or bust situation this season. I'm not saying Vincent Tan would bail out should you fail to achieve promotion but having to wait a minimum of another year won't go down well considering the plans he obviously has in place.

Our owners are apparently looking to sell, the Mittals are staying which in my eyes is a massive positive as they have big plans for football in India which is one of if not the most populated country on the planet? So again, Premiership football really does put clubs on the world stage & after that the sky's the limit.

Very interesting times.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Wow that sounds interesting.

Seems like getting to the Premiership really is a shit or bust situation this season. I'm not saying Vincent Tan would bail out should you fail to achieve promotion but having to wait a minimum of another year won't go down well considering the plans he obviously has in place.

Our owners are apparently looking to sell, the Mittals are staying which in my eyes is a massive positive as they have big plans for football in India which is one of if not the most populated country on the planet? So again, Premiership football really does put clubs on the world stage & after that the sky's the limit.

Very interesting times.

They cant really jump ship. They are trying to build a reputation in Britain. Cardiff would
go to the wall if they walked out. That would be a disaster for them as they believe in
honour a lot more than us Westerners, and they could hardly just up sticks and buy out
Blackpool instead, the Football League would never allow them back in. They've invested
a lot of time effort and money in Cardiff City. They will be f*cking furious if we dont go
up. But theyre here for the long haul

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Impressive win for you boys & it now looks like a win for us against Derby on Monday means we require just a single point at the Cardiff City Stadium to gain promotion due to our vastly superior goal difference.

Roll on the 23rd :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Impressive win for you boys & it now looks like a win for us against Derby on Monday means we require just a single point at the Cardiff City Stadium to gain promotion due to our vastly superior goal difference.

Roll on the 23rd :ayatollah:

Doesn't matter what you say or think, all we can do is concentrate on winning whats put in front of us......

if you draw against derby you will be 8 pts in front with 12 to play for including 3 against us, If you lose then we will remain 7 behind you, (4 if we beat you with 9 to play for! - and not forgetting you could lose a minimum of 3pts resulting in us 1pt behind you) there are risks, but I still think you will win the league - but don't count your chickens - Cardiff were impressive today!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Actually Merlin I just looked at the Championship fixtures & didn't realise that Norwich are playing Ipswich on Thursday so if we beat Derby on Monday & Norwich fail to win their game we will be up by the time we get to the CCS.

Forget talk of a points deduction mate it simply won't happen.

Squeaky bum time for you boys with Reading on a hot streak of form.

23rd could be make or break for your team.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Actually Merlin I just looked at the Championship fixtures & didn't realise that Norwich are playing Ipswich on Thursday so if we beat Derby on Monday & Norwich fail to win their game we will be up by the time we get to the CCS.

Read the first line of my last post....... everything else is irrelevent? ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Actually Merlin I just looked at the Championship fixtures & didn't realise that Norwich are playing Ipswich on Thursday so if we beat Derby on Monday & Norwich fail to win their game we will be up by the time we get to the CCS.

"Actually Merlin I just looked at the Championship fixtures & didn't realise that Norwich are playing Ipswich on Thursday so if we beat Derby on Monday & Norwich fail to win their game we will be up by the time we get to the CCS."

Good point that, two reasons why we both want Norwich to lose. Nice position to be in without kicking a ball

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:01 pm

stan, i will be watching the game on monday,, hoping for loads of injuries and sending off, for the qpr players, :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't want to piss on your parade Stan but I heard today that QPR are going to get a 10 point deduction because if the Football League don't act then Ken Bates at Leeds is prepared to take legal action also Hereford have been making noises.

This information came from a reliable source with many contacts in the game although i am not saying it will definitely happen any celebrations on Monday or Saturday could prove premature :roll:

From a personal point a view i think QPR and fans like Stan and DWQPR deserve promotion but i think your owners have been involved in some shady dealings which could have dire consequences :?:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 pm

blueheaven wrote:I don't want to piss on your parade Stan but I heard today that QPR are going to get a 10 point deduction because if the Football League don't act then Ken Bates at Leeds is prepared to take legal action also Hereford have been making noises.

This information came from a reliable source with many contacts in the game although i am not saying it will definitely happen any celebrations on Monday or Saturday could prove premature :roll:

From a personal point a view i think QPR and fans like Stan and DWQPR deserve promotion but i think your owners have been involved in some shady dealings which could have dire consequences :?:

thats what i like to here :ayatollah:

Re: PROMOTION AT THE C.C.S.!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:06 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Scenario 3,

QPR lose to Derby, get deducted 10 points, Cardiff beat Portsmouth? :D

FFS don't piss on my parade Dafydd :lol: :lol:

Your prob right tbh knowing our f*cking club :roll:

Stan, your manager has 'form' for such unfortunate 'happenings' :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 am

blueheaven wrote:I don't want to piss on your parade Stan but I heard today that QPR are going to get a 10 point deduction because if the Football League don't act then Ken Bates at Leeds is prepared to take legal action also Hereford have been making noises.

The thing is blue we all have our own particular 'in the knows' or reliable sources but how reliable they are is anyone's guess, as you say you trust your guys judgement, I also trust my guys judgement, he always bang on the money weeks & months in advance with regards to transfers, boardroom activity etc. He has friends in the game in high places & he has told me in no uncertain terms our inevitable promotion will NOT be affected at all.

With all due respect f**k Ken Bates & Hereford, Bristol City had the same charge as us & got a £30,000 fine so its how you want to look at it. I understand we are facing 7 charges of which 5-6 will be proven to be unfounded.

I have absolutely no qualms about the fact we are going up & this oversight will not stop us. The media who as you know are like vultures haven't mentioned it for 3 weeks its simply got no legs, if anyone would know they would. Same for the bookies still nailed on odds of about 1/150 for us to go up, when are they ever wrong?

If we beat Derby Monday its either a failure to win for Norwich Thursday or a point required in Cardiff on Saturday and we are in the Premier League. I'd put my very nice hat on it :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

The thing is blue we all have our own particular 'in the knows' or reliable sources but how reliable they are is anyone's guess, as you say you trust your guys judgement, I also trust my guys judgement, he always bang on the money weeks & months in advance with regards to transfers, boardroom activity etc. He has friends in the game in high places & he has told me in no uncertain terms our inevitable promotion will NOT be affected at all.

With all due respect f**k Ken Bates & Hereford, Bristol City had the same charge as us & got a £30,000 fine so its how you want to look at it. I understand we are facing 7 charges of which 5-6 will be proven to be unfounded.

I have absolutely no qualms about the fact we are going up & this oversight will not stop us. The media who as you know are like vultures haven't mentioned it for 3 weeks its simply got no legs, if anyone would know they would. Same for the bookies still nailed on odds of about 1/150 for us to go up, when are they ever wrong?

If we beat Derby Monday its either a failure to win for Norwich Thursday or a point required in Cardiff on Saturday and we are in the Premier League. I'd put my very nice hat on it :D

What about the 1-2 charges that aren't proved to be unfounded? You simply get away with those do you ?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:44 pm

No Merlin if we have done something wrong or incorrectly I expect us to be fined & rightly so.

But talk of a points deduction is just wishful thinking for many in my honest opinion.

Have you got the bunting & party hats out for us for Saturday?! :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Well I will watch City beat you Stan from Sunny Santa Ponsa :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well I will watch City beat you Stan from Sunny Santa Ponsa :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Hope you've got your new Speedo's all packed mate :lol:

Lucky you bruv-Nice place.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Well I will watch City beat you Stan from Sunny Santa Ponsa :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A pity I wasn't able to have had a drink with you and Milly/Baz and Claire, maybe in the Premier next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:35 pm

city 1 qpr 0 bellers to get the winner in a scrappy game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

A pity I wasn't able to have had a drink with you and Milly/Baz and Claire, maybe in the Premier next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good shout mate :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:No Merlin if we have done something wrong or incorrectly I expect us to be fined & rightly so.

But talk of a points deduction is just wishful thinking for many in my honest opinion.

Have you got the bunting & party hats out for us for Saturday?! :D

Well we won't require any wishful thinking as we gonna grab that 2nd spot anyway, regardless of QPR's hearing outcome! :ayatollah:

Dont count your chickens - you have to beat Derby yet..... ;)