Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

parking on leckwith hill today.....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Did anyone else get fixed penalty ticket for parking on the side of the road up Leckwith hill today?

According to the ticket the cars were causing an unnecessary obstruction parked on the pavement.

I can understand the idiots who were parked in the escape lane at the bottom of the hill and those who park on the roundabout but there must have been at least 75 - 100 cars parked on both sides of the road. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: parking on leckwith hill today.....

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Did anyone else get fixed penalty ticket for parking on the side of the road up Leckwith hill today?

According to the ticket the cars were causing an unnecessary obstruction parked on the pavement.

I can understand the idiots who were parked in the escape lane at the bottom of the hill and those who park on the roundabout but there must have been at least 75 - 100 cars parked on both sides of the road. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yes mate I got one! :evil:

I posted a message on CCMB for advice and looks like we are stuffed and got to pay it. Now I have parked there all season and no problems. Very annoyed

Also there was a possible copper on the cycle bike by the escape lane and I thought he was simply policing that and advising anyone where you couldnt park. Clearly a money makign scheme here as he quite easily could have said to me I wuld get a ticket if I park there. Wish I asked him at the time!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm

We've parked there all season too, wonder if its got anything to do with the fact we may be in the premiership next season.

My wife got the ticket, and she saw the copper on the bike and like you thought he was policing the escape lane as well. Totally agree that it is likely a money making scheme.

Spoke to an off duty cop earlier who says that if you write in asking for a full explaination vis-a-vis why they issued the ticket the officer concerned has to complete a report and reply so it may well be worth trying that, as it causes them more paperwork in the long run!! :twisted:
My wife is going to although to keep a clean slate and being a Nurse :angel13: and needing the car she is going to pay the fixed penalty

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:We've parked there all season too, wonder if its got anything to do with the fact we may be in the premiership next season.

My wife got the ticket, and she saw the copper on the bike and like you thought he was policing the escape lane as well. Totally agree that it is likely a money making scheme.

Spoke to an off duty cop earlier who says that if you write in asking for a full explaination vis-a-vis why they issued the ticket the officer concerned has to complete a report and reply so it may well be worth trying that, as it causes them more paperwork in the long run!! :twisted:
My wife is going to although to keep a clean slate and being a Nurse :angel13: and needing the car she is going to pay the fixed penalty

Another city fan was on the hill and parked the same but did not get a ticket. I believe it maybe a pc Hunt who issued it but cant get through to Canton police station but I will keep trying to speak with this guy (probably the one on te bike) - If I can't resolve it by phone I will write in just to make him work more before I pay te £30 :P

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:09 pm

thats interesting..... so not everyone got a ticket.....
my wife was parked about 2/3rds of the way up the hill n cars behind her were parked further out into the road than she was n they got tickets :angryfire:
Don't know about anyone in front though cos they'd all gone by the time she got back to her car. :evil:

useful to have the name too will look into it ourselves too!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:15 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:We've parked there all season too, wonder if its got anything to do with the fact we may be in the premiership next season.

Another city fan was on the hill and parked the same but did not get a ticket. I believe it maybe a pc Hunt who issued it but cant get through to Canton police station but I will keep trying to speak with this guy (probably the one on te bike) - If I can't resolve it by phone I will write in just to make him work more before I pay te £30 :P

It is definately a money making scheme.

I have a disabled badge and I park on Leckwith Road (right opposite the SandMartin) every game. I'm allowed 3 hours without penalty so providing I set my clock and I don't over stay (which I don't) I'm OK. Every game when I return to my car the ones in front and behind are booked, but I'm not.

But of course this begs the question that if I can park there without causing an obstruction, then why can't everyone else unless it is for monetary gain?

BTW Rick if you appeal the fixed penalty is suspended until the adjudicating officer can look at your reasons. The backlog is about 2 months and even if they find that the ticket was issued correct and dismiss the appeal, you still have 14 days to pay the FP before the amount doubles.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:07 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Did anyone else get fixed penalty ticket for parking on the side of the road up Leckwith hill today?

Simple I thought, park on the pavement you get done no ifs no buts, break the law and you pay. How many time will you thick people have to be told.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Another on flaunting the blue badge rules. Book 'em all I would.

It is definately a money making scheme.

I have a disabled badge and I park on Leckwith Road (right opposite the SandMartin) every game. I'm allowed 3 hours without penalty so providing I set my clock and I don't over stay (which I don't) I'm OK. Every game when I return to my car the ones in front and behind are booked, but I'm not.

But of course this begs the question that if I can park there without causing an obstruction, then why can't everyone else unless it is for monetary gain?

BTW Rick if you appeal the fixed penalty is suspended until the adjudicating officer can look at your reasons. The backlog is about 2 months and even if they find that the ticket was issued correct and dismiss the appeal, you still have 14 days to pay the FP before the amount doubles.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:53 am

I always park at the bottom of the hill under the flyover but due to more fans going to the games I find myself parking further and further up the hill, which is fine but it seems the police are using this situation (which only happens for a couple of hours once a week on average) to rake in more cash. I can maybe understand booking you if you block the escape lane and maybe for obstructing the pavement which is petty but that's our police for you. If there are no parking restrictions, yellow lines or no stopping signs (blue disc with red cross through it ) which we'll have to check for cos they can be small and hidden behind overgrown trees on lamposts, then I can't see how we can be booked.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 am

I parked on the hill and didnt get a ticket, dont park on the pavement or nexted to a blocked white line and ur doing nothing wrong simples. X

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:39 am

Blake wrote:I parked on the hill and didnt get a ticket, dont park on the pavement or nexted to a blocked white line and ur doing nothing wrong simples. X

Like many cars I had 2wheels on the pavement, left enough space for pedestrians to walk past and left more road space. Now a car on the opposite side of the road parked the same as me did not get a ticket. I think clarification is needed as 2 games left.

A sign or road markings need to be in place if no parking is allowed at all as this will be an ongoing problem in comings seasons!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:59 am

I think a multi storey car park is needed on the old mill site. with a road linking up to cowbridge road,it would mark more sense £2 a game and would ease the congestion on cowbridge road east.It would rival the stadiums though.but would stop "illegal parking" else where near schools and on lawrenny avenue.