Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sandmartin pub

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

how can companys, throw away buisness in these hard times,the money they lost there today, with there, must have a meal policy? beer garden outside empty, crazy in my opinion,

Re: sandmartin pub

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:35 pm

The club should have had it as a season ticket holders Bar made it one big bar room then the club would have all the profit from it.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:47 pm

I won't go there, I'm far to classy for that new place, I go to that wine bar in Canton, The Foresteers!

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:The club should have had it as a season ticket holders Bar made it one big bar room then the club would have all the profit from it.

Cardiff dont own it though ? :lol:

plus i dont think its the pubs fault, the police have insisted the pub musnt serve alcahol to anyone without a meal on matchdays

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 pm

and its a marstons pub,, shite beer

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Gavlar wrote:I won't go there, I'm far to classy for that new place, I go to that wine bar in Canton, The Foresteers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classy ? You support Cardiff City for christ sake and I bet you live in splott :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

I went there with my mate to give it a test drive and it wasn't too bad. Inside was reasonably busy. Basically, with the food and drink thing you only have to buy food once and then they give you a receipt to buy as much beer as you like.

The food was alright. I had a carvery for £6.99 which was a good portion and the beer was alright but nothing special. It's worth going to before match days though if there's not a game on the television.

You are right though, I reckon they'll miss out on loads of money due to the food thing. I think most people think you can only have one pint per meal though.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:41 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I won't go there, I'm far to classy for that new place, I go to that wine bar in Canton, The Foresteers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classy ? You support Cardiff City for christ sake and I bet you live in splott :lol: :lol:

I'm from the upper class valley of Merthyr Tydfil

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:52 pm

It's the pubs idea to just serve alcohol with meals, to get extra money in, unless there is a restriction with the licence, which I very much doubt the police have no say in when the pub serves alcohol, the only thing they can do is stop the pub from serving if there was a possibility of a riot :thumbup:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm

never a chance of that with a lovely wood fence outside.I think the hotel they are meant to be building should have some sort of bar. if its still going ahead