Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

pompey fans

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:40 pm

not at there best today, :ayatollah:

Re: pompey fans

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:not at there best today, :ayatollah:

Great point!! I was dreading that bloody song that rang in our ears at Wembley but I only heard a bit of it once!

Thought that 1 guy who took issue with the steward was bang out of order and did anyone else see the guy towards the end being taken away by the stewards, he was getting stick from the family stand(they've changed since the award! :lol: ) and had to be pulled away by his mrs!! :lol:

Saying that, the game didn't give them much to make a noise about! :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:54 pm

I think the Pompey fans they were overwhelmed today in the same way as their team were.

There has been a lot of history between us over the past 40 years (Clocks etc.) but I was thinking about that League Cup tie in 2004 when they made a huge racket at Ninian Park and their fans seemed to be everywhere.

They probably brought the same number today, but weren't given a chance against a crowd of 24,000, rather than the 8,000 who were at Ninian in 2004.

Just shows which team has moved on the best since.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 pm

I was amazed to see them take the great western pub tho. Police wouldn't let cardiff fans anywhere near it. Allways thought that was a strong cardiff pub

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 pm

5-0 :ayatollah: on agg ;)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 pm

GarethGardner wrote:I was amazed to see them take the great western pub tho. Police wouldn't let cardiff fans anywhere near it. Allways thought that was a strong cardiff pub

Was saying the same to my mate earlier. Honestly didn't believe him when he said they had the Great Western.

What happened with the Pompey fans earlier? Saw a bunch get thrown out, fighting with stewards and amongst themselves.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Difference between pulse and great western

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am

There were some sad faces at Leigh Delamare services when I stopped off on the way home :) , mind you they looked the same on the tube going home when they had just won the FA Cup.