Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some People on this forum...

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Are becoming extremely rude, and turning some of this place into a very hostile, unfriendly forum. Half of you wouldn't air your opinions in such a manner in person, so don't pollute everyones eyes and do so behind the safety of a computer.

Reminds me of another website.

Re: Some People on this forum...

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 pm

They are immigrating over.. :? :roll:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Are becoming extremely rude, and turning some of this place into a very hostile, unfriendly forum. Half of you wouldn't air your opinions in such a manner in person, so don't pollute everyones eyes and do so behind the safety of a computer.

Very true.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 pm

why whats happened?

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

i havent seen much, cept for the corky and daya incident

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:34 pm

ninianblue wrote:why whats happened?

Just the way people approach threads or viewpoints that they don't agree with. A lot of hostility in peoples responses. Or some people constantly belittling others. It seems to have crept in.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Just the way people approach threads or viewpoints that they don't agree with. A lot of hostility in peoples responses. Or some people constantly belittling others. It seems to have crept in.

Again, very true.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:01 pm

so are you saying we are not aloud to disagree with people and give our own opinion on things

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:04 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Are becoming extremely rude, and turning some of this place into a very hostile, unfriendly forum. Half of you wouldn't air your opinions in such a manner in person, so don't pollute everyones eyes and do so behind the safety of a computer.

Adam, I promise you it will be stamped out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:05 pm

I dont think there's a problem with having different opinions, just the way in which some people express them.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 pm

TH63 wrote:I dont think there's a problem with having different opinions, just the way in which some people express them.

Correct :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TH63 wrote:I dont think there's a problem with having different opinions, just the way in which some people express them.

Correct :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just follow my example, if people are aggressive to you for no reason, just be aggressive to them. They will soon realise we don't stand for pathetic nonsense on here. We've had one or two posters on here who think they are bigger and better than other posters.....they don't tend to last long on here though :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Adam, I promise you it will be stamped out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 am

I agree on the agessive and threatening points....but I have to say I find the sarcasm and some of the 'put downs' quite entertaining and, to be honest, I don't take most things too seriously on here (except Carl's updates, of course!! :ayatollah: )

I have learned a lot on this site and changed my mind positively on a number of people I only knew (or thought I did :oops: ) by reputation....including this MB's founder, Annis, for his forthright but considered comments (regardless of whether I agree with ALL of them, which I occasionally don't :ayatollah: )

Others, and I'll leave it to others to decide their own list, have NOT impressed me at all....and THEY will know who THEY are by my generally forthright (and attempted at least :lol: ) witty replies, occasionally sprinkled with a measure of anger and volatility....

Would I back my comments up in person?? Too fecking right I would....but the beauty of an MB like this isthat EVERYONE is INVITED to express their opinion and (within reason) have it RESPECTED if not always AGREED WITH without the fear of being 'got to' (sticks and stones people....sticks and stones :ayatollah: )

Just live with it, folks!! Great MB, great people overall and great banter....plus Carl's updates!! What more do we need??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:10 am

Feck off ya bleedin gobshite :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 am

the reason i joined this board was to get away from this type of stuff,everybody has a diferrent opinion,and thats fine,but some people feel that their point is all that matters,sad people. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:23 am

we are working on it, but you always get a very small minority who want to spoil things :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:39 am

Your correct,wether you agree with someones opinion or not RESPECT it at all times.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:43 am

Spot on Adam

Some people just wanna be rude and argumentative for rude and argumentative sake. If I was a mod or in charge I would ban them. Or at least hang draw and quarter them!!! I have my own list of wankers I wanna ban. Keep ur rude and offensive remarks on ur keyboard. It's where they belong. Or be man enough to do it IN PERSON.

We are all very very easy to find. If I had a beef with anyone on here I would speak to them before a game. Not hide behind a computer screen. Wankers. U know who u are

Blooobirds
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:01 am

what i hate with some posters is that we are not aloud an opinion! ... im VERY anti-wars, army and racism etc etc and when i speak out in threads i get called all sorts. i think its quite sad that people cant discuss something without getting nasty! ... they just cant seem to handle that some people dont believe everything they read in the sun and see things like they do!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:Spot on Adam

Some people just wanna be rude and argumentative for rude and argumentative sake. If I was a mod or in charge I would ban them. Or at least hang draw and quarter them!!! I have my own list of wankers I wanna ban. Keep ur rude and offensive remarks on ur keyboard. It's where they belong. Or be man enough to do it IN PERSON.

We are all very very easy to find. If I had a beef with anyone on here I would speak to them before a game. Not hide behind a computer screen. Wankers. U know who u are

Blooobirds
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Great post mate :ayatollah: You are right about people being offensive behind a keyboard, its cowardness, we all have different opinions, but its the way you debate them, and this can be done without abusive posts, fair play to the moderators on here they have stamped most of it out, and that's what makes this MB better than a certain other one i could mention, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:we are working on it, but you always get a very small minority who want to spoil things :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I've seen very little of what Adam is concenred about but the fact he has had a few agree with him it obviously is going on in a concerning matter. I feel we will always have this problem, specially as the forum grows and attracks new users. All you can do is keep it down to a minimum by working on it.

As I said I have seen very little of this and that can only go down to the good work of the moderators.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 am

I'd just better point out, this is not an attack or criticism on this forum or indeed the moderators (just have to look at how many posts I've made!). More so a few posters, some regular, some not so. Nearly everyone who has posted in this thread is not one of these people. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 pm

i personally haven't had any problems with anyone on the forum. tbh 99% of the members on here are good lads(some cases girls :D ) and in person their exactly the same. i have noticed on one or two rare occassions of people snapping at each other over petty things. cmon lads we're close to getting promoted! this is the sort of stuff you expect if we we're fighting relegation! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Very well stated.

As I mentioned earlier in a separate posting in a different thread, opinion on many occasions results in personal abuse as we have again seen today. The abuse tends to come in the majority from so called self promoted " fans leaders" and when are questioned on matters of different opinion to that of their own results in what we have seen today.

It's rife and needs stamping out if this forum is to continue to grow in size or will just remain a forum of the small minority.

Like the football club itself , many creeds and cultures now follow Cardiff City in a very large volume, all will have different opinion and that needs to be respected for both growth of the Club and this forum in general.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Its only words on a screen... Water off a ducks back... Anyone who gets upset and offended over words on a screen needs to go out and get a bit more fresh air!!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:we are working on it, but you always get a very small minority who want to spoil things :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You state that but over the last 72 hours this has not been evident whatsoever. Accusations were not addressed. Evidence of those accusations was not brought forward or were accusing postings based on mere speculation and guesswork of the minority few removed or addressed. Personal abuse and false accusations continues to be ignored today and remains on this forum.

I would suggest you have whilst you are as stated " working on it" you have a lot of work to do. Otherwise it could possibly be claimed that some can write and post whatever they wish whilst others can't and could be construed that to do so is all dependent on if your in the same cliche carrying the same view point. This so far has been widely demonstrated several times.

For instance, we have seen personal abuse from Gwyn, Corky, Ridofrid towards Daya . Ask yourself this question. Have you seen any from Daya to those individuals?

The answer will be no. What you did see was postings of someone with a different opinion that reverted to personal abuse and falsely made up allegations , especially after you banned Daya and he was left with no right of reply.

What was your action ? You banned Daya.

So that leaves it opened ended to who can post what.

Now then here is a scenario for you . If a new poster or reader of this forum saw that type of action and shared different opinion would he feel the desire to post?

That's in probable why you see 6,0000 plus read Carl's updates but have less than what 100 regular posters?

Food for thought but don't claim you are working on such matters when you clearly are not. This forum could really grow but for growth you have to have the desire and inclination to drive it forward .

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Its only words on a screen... Water off a ducks back... Anyone who gets upset and offended over words on a screen needs to go out and get a bit more fresh air!!!

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Its only words on a screen... Water off a ducks back... Anyone who gets upset and offended over words on a screen needs to go out and get a bit more fresh air!!!

In the past it has led to violence between those who follow the same football club, it can go far further than a few words on screens.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm

The Consultant wrote:
Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:

In the past it has led to violence between those who follow the same football club, it can go far further than a few words on screens.

Please dont tell tell Dayo has hired a hitman :glasses4: Fucks sake man, thats abit OTT