Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Some People on this forum...

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:07 pm

this could be construed as to being one of those threads - I dont care if people dont agree with my opinion but please reply in a mature fashion!

you are NOT children ;)

TOPIC: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42194

Re: Some People on this forum...

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 pm

The Consultant wrote:
You state that but over the last 72 hours this has not been evident whatsoever. Accusations were not addressed. Evidence of those accusations was not brought forward or were accusing postings based on mere speculation and guesswork of the minority few removed or addressed. Personal abuse and false accusations continues to be ignored today and remains on this forum.

I would suggest you have whilst you are as stated " working on it" you have a lot of work to do. Otherwise it could possibly be claimed that some can write and post whatever they wish whilst others can't and could be construed that to do so is all dependent on if your in the same cliche carrying the same view point. This so far has been widely demonstrated several times.

For instance, we have seen personal abuse from Gwyn, Corky, Ridofrid towards Daya . Ask yourself this question. Have you seen any from Daya to those individuals?

The answer will be no. What you did see was postings of someone with a different opinion that reverted to personal abuse and falsely made up allegations , especially after you banned Daya and he was left with no right of reply.

What was your action ? You banned Daya.

So that leaves it opened ended to who can post what.

Now then here is a scenario for you . If a new poster or reader of this forum saw that type of action and shared different opinion would he feel the desire to post?

That's in probable why you see 6,0000 plus read Carl's updates but have less than what 100 regular posters?

Food for thought but don't claim you are working on such matters when you clearly are not. This forum could really grow but for growth you have to have the desire and inclination to drive it forward .

The problem is one man's opinion can be interpreted as another man's unsubstantiated allegation or abuse; there is a very thin line between to two.

Whilst there is a responsibility on authors of posts not to abuse or make up things about other MB members, I strongly believe there is also a responsibility on the recipient not to have a thin skin and turn themselves into a victim.

I have seen several examples of that on here today and I think that behaviour is just as bad as what you have described above because it is cowardly way of stifling debate.

If someone uses expressions 'you are a tit' or 'that opinion is bollocks' that hardly ranks up there with worst excesses of abuse, but a high percentage of recipients will quickly interpret that as highly offensive and claim they are being abused for 'having an opinion'

The truth is sometimes our opinions do make us look like a bit of a tit, or indeed can be a load of bollocks.

However, if you think differently and believe your opinion is worthy then argue your case without resorting to victimhood, or alternatively be man enough to admit, 'yes I am a tit'