Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ABOUT TODAY I HAVE TO SAY "

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Best Atmosphere at home This Season and QUALITY Display of Football, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 4 Wins on the Trot and I never bet this time :cry:

Can We Really Do it ?

Do We have to really Worry about Norwich and Reading ?

I told you yesterday that We did not have to worry about the Gay Boys anymore. :lol:

Re: " ABOUT TODAY I HAVE TO SAY "

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:05 pm

as long as we beat QPR I will start believing . until then i,m sitting on the fence . seen too many false dawns over 30 years to get excited

that was my heart as for my head

Yes the blues are going up ........... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm

:ayatollah:
Forever Blue wrote:Best Atmosphere at home This Season and QUALITY Display of Football, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 4 Wins on the Trot and I never bet this time :cry:

Can We Really Do it ?

I told you yesterday that We did not have to worry about the Gay Boys anymore. :lol:

No we don't have to worry about anyone it ours and we will go up.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You always have to worry about the gay boys, especially if they're behind you :o :ayatollah:

MOZZER1 wrote:as long as we beat QPR I will start believing . until then i,m sitting on the fence . seen too many false dawns over 30 years to get excited

To be Honest Thats exactly how I feel Mozzer, been let down to many times in 38 yrs .

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:as long as we beat QPR I will start believing . until then i,m sitting on the fence . seen too many false dawns over 30 years to get excited

To be Honest Thats exactly how I feel Mozzer, been let down to many times in 38 yrs .

BELIVE,BELIVE,BELIVE its our time

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm

just think Reading and Norwich have the easier run in.

QPR home is massive.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Don't worry about any other team.

We must win our 4 remaining games. If we do, hello premiership. The team are confident, fans are backing them and looks like a full house on the cards for QPR.

Been looking at sales and could be under 1000 left already

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:39 pm

I think the talk of the new stadium should be dismissed now, its shown on its day it can generate a brilliant atmosphere. Its down to the fans, the stadium doesnt change and it was excellent today.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Nothing is achieved until the fat lady sings, so they say. Must say if I were a betting man I would go for Reading..we lose one, they win one they're above us on goal difference and too late for us to pull it back, they have an easyish run in as well, plus we're always the nearly team, so I'd say Reading auto with us 3rd and Norwich 4th, the only saviour might be that not many teams win 12 games on the bounce :o which is what Reading may have to do.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Best Atmosphere at home This Season and QUALITY Display of Football, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 4 Wins on the Trot and I never bet this time :cry:

Can We Really Do it ?

Annis, we CAN do it....and it WAS the best atmosphere this season (oddly, including the Jacks game :? )

The 'team' appear to have woken up to the fact that this could be 'their year' and Bellars appears to have found his true form right on cue....

Could that be one of those 'Graham Taylor-like' ironies as in the World Cup, where a player (in our case Chopra) enforces a change in personnel/formation which then proves to be a winner??

I'm sure THAT scenario will suit YOU better than DJ finally getiing his tactics right ( :lol: :lol: ) but hey, who cares as long as we are going the right way, eh?? :ayatollah:

Power to the Bluebirds....the dream is most definitely ON!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:29 am

Every game is massive now obviously, but our next two games in particular will decide if we go up. Forget QPR at home, our toughest game is Preston away, they're in good form, scrapping for their lives, have a new confidence and belief, will fight for every ball and it will be a physical battle. Whatever the result against QPR, will we be able to handle Preston away just 2 days later? Even if we beat QPR, I will still be very worried going to Preston, but if we lose to QPR, the last thing we will need is another tough game two days later which could kill off our momentum and end our automatic promotion push. We couldn't have picked a worse time to play Preston, it is up to the team to get a minimum of 4 points over the next 2 games, if we manage that, I will finally believe we are ready for automatic promotion.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think the talk of the new stadium should be dismissed now, its shown on its day it can generate a brilliant atmosphere. Its down to the fans, the stadium doesnt change and it was excellent today.

Luke, Sorry I dont agree Pompey had been playing at Ninian Park, with a Full house and US 2nd in the League it would of been Electric for 90 mins, WE Won 3 nil.
Also the reason why it was better today the Club were relaxed more on the standing up and our Fans were more up for it than they usually are :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think the talk of the new stadium should be dismissed now, its shown on its day it can generate a brilliant atmosphere. Its down to the fans, the stadium doesnt change and it was excellent today.

Luke, Sorry I dont agree Pompey had been playing at Ninian Park, with a Full house and US 2nd in the League it would of been Electric for 90 mins, WE Won 3 nil.
Also the reason why it was better today the Club were relaxed more on the standing up and our Fans were more up for it than they usually are :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

"Stand up and support the boys" is evidence of that.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

"Stand up and support the boys" is evidence of that.

Yes lets have more of it Ian :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:56 am

They tried their hardest down the front to stop us standing, but with some help from everyone else, WE STOOD AS ONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Apart from the miserable drip over from me who stays sitting no matter what

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They tried their hardest down the front to stop us standing, but with some help from everyone else, WE STOOD AS ONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Adam
We've got one bloke by us who hits people with a stick for standing up :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They tried their hardest down the front to stop us standing, but with some help from everyone else, WE STOOD AS ONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Adam
We've got one bloke by us who hits people with a stick for standing up :lol: :lol:
i know where that stick would end up if he hit me with it :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Adam
i know where that stick would end up if he hit me with it :D

He does not bother me, he likes me :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 am

I can't see Norwich or Reading winning all their remaining games so I would say 3 wins and a draw will definitely see us up and it's do-able. I still believe we will beat QPR, Preston and Middlesbrough then draw to Burnley. I think it is going down to the last game unfortunately which after 2 years ago at Hillsborough none of us wanted but if that's the path we have to take then so be it.

The reason for us going up? Craig Bellamy. Obviously the whole team have been fantastic but it's no coincidence that this fine run has seen Bellamy man of the match for 3 of the past 4 games and nominated as man of the match for the other. Keep him up top, keep him playing and keep the starting eleven we have been. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 am

Zabier wrote:I can't see Norwich or Reading winning all their remaining games so I would say 3 wins and a draw will definitely see us up and it's do-able. I still believe we will beat QPR, Preston and Middlesbrough then draw to Burnley. I think it is going down to the last game unfortunately which after 2 years ago at Hillsborough none of us wanted but if that's the path we have to take then so be it.

The reason for us going up? Craig Bellamy. Obviously the whole team have been fantastic but it's no coincidence that this fine run has seen Bellamy man of the match for 3 of the past 4 games and nominated as man of the match for the other. Keep him up top, keep him playing and keep the starting eleven we have been. :ayatollah:

I agree Bellamy is one of the main reasons behind this Final Promotion push :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 am

Can We Really Do it ?

Agree with you - there were times during the game when the stadium noise made what little hair I got left stand on end :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:23 am

Mozzer, come on your a Llanrumney boy get a a grip of yourself!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 am

I think that a number of factors contributed to a decent atmosphere yesterday.

We got an early goal again. Always helps settle the neves.
Good warm up play by Ali.
Great hounding of their defence by Bellamy. Really got the crowd going.

And of course that particularly in the first half the game was quite feisty, culminating in the sending off. A few tasty tackles and a red card always gets the crowd fired up.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

davids wrote:I think that a number of factors contributed to a decent atmosphere yesterday.

We got an early goal again. Always helps settle the neves.
Good warm up play by Ali.
Great hounding of their defence by Bellamy. Really got the crowd going.

And of course that particularly in the first half the game was quite feisty, culminating in the sending off. A few tasty tackles and a red card always gets the crowd fired up.

Agreed and Pompey having great Support as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 am

Can We Really Do it ?

Firstly I did have a bet on yesterday at 3-0 with odds of 22-1 lovely jubbly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Of course we have to worry about Reading & Norwich and not just because of WHO they have to play but How they both play, as I see it going behind in a game is not a problem for either team and they both play open expansive football unlike ourselves.

I think that both Reading & Norwich would have beaten 10 man Pompey by more than 3 goals because neither would have gifted possession to them and sat with 2 lines of 4 players, as we did yesterday, which allowed Pompey to have more possession in the game (51% to 49%).

We all wanted a win yesterday and our team give us a good performance from every member of the team but we have lost our on goal difference in the past and right now Reading have a better goal difference than us and I worry about that.

The best thing about where we are is that our destiny is in our hands and if we can beat QPR, which I believe we can, then the pressure will increase on the teams behind us because we are more than capable of winning our last 3 games. I think if we win our next 2 games it may well be party night at the CCS against Middlesbrough and wouldn't that be brilliant. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As regards the Jack Bastards they really have to win at Portsmouth next week because if they don't they will be looking over their shoulders at the chasing pack because they then have Ipswich at home and Millwall away.

Could they yet bottle it completely? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 pm

It wa a good win with a lot of pressure on us to get 3 points.

I thought the atmosphere was average though, granted it was much better than normal. The pompey fans played a major part in it.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Can We Really Do it ?

Annis I have been telling you for 2 months or more the Jacks would fade away ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:03 pm

atmosphere was pretty decent...big improvement. stewards were quite relaxed with the standing which was great to see and we won 3-0. :ayatollah:
i am not worried about norwich due to their 'tough' run and the jacks are bad away from home, they too have a tricky few games but reading are the team to look out for. If we keep playing like we are, we should be fine. don't worry about reading! if we keep putting on the pressure and get the results we want they will slip up sometime! cmon city !! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Can We Really Do it ?

i think we will win next week annis by the odd goal im right up for this