Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Our run-in, difficult. "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 am

Well boys and girls 4 games to go and we're in 2nd spot with a slim 1 point cushion and Norwich and Reading breathing down our neck.

Realistically we need 4 wins from 4 games as any slip up will be siezed upon by the teams immediately behind us.

1. QPR..Champions elect only 5 defeats all season with a point to prove against us and pay-back time for 2003..This is a major challenge which we cannot afford to fall short on, as a draw could see us a point behind Norwich and a point in front of Reading

2. Preston..Fighting for survival and a bit of a bogey ground for us, already beat the JB's and scrapping for every point.

3. Middlesborough..Should be ok for 3 points here, the easiest of the 4 games IMO.

4. Burnley..Tough as f**k for our last and maybe most important game of the season, they were a class act when they played us down here and had us on the rack quite a few times.

A few weeks ago it looked a fairly easyish run-in, but now I think it may be the hardest of ours, Reading's and Norwich's, it's difficult to see 4 wins from these 4 games, but if we want it badly enough and Bellers can get the players wound up enough who knows. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Our run-in, difficult. "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:37 am

" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "
Just My Opinion.
Bar Ipswich, Norwich have a relatively easy run in. Their other games include Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry who have nothing to play for.

What are Readings remaining games ?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

Leeds , Sheff Utd, Coventry and Derby. Only Leeds could possibly cause an upset IMO.
Last edited by CF64 BLUE on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "
Just My Opinion.
Bar Ipswich, Norwich have a relatively easy run in. Their other games include Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry who have nothing to play for.

Reading are at Leeds next week, I can see them dropping points there.

Norwich have to go to Portsmouth and I feel they could quite easily drop points there.

If we beat QPR next week then it really is in our hands.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:44 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Leeds , Sheff Utd, Coventry and Derby. Only Leeds could possibly cause an upset IMO.

So Reading could quite easily win all their remaining games, Leeds are very inconsistent.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:45 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "
Just My Opinion.

Reading are at Leeds next week, I can see them dropping points there.

Norwich have to go to Portsmouth and I feel they could quite easily drop points there.

If we beat QPR next week then it really is in our hands.

Ian Leeds very inconsistent .

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:Leeds , Sheff Utd, Coventry and Derby. Only Leeds could possibly cause an upset IMO.

So Reading could quite easily win all their remaining games, Leeds are very inconsistent.

Leeds are at home and they have not lost many there unless it is us taking our shoes off.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:14 am

Pressure is on Norwich and Reading too, I don't think anyone will take all 12 but it will still be us :ayatollah: .

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 am

Im not even bothering predicting results anymore, anything can happen....who would of thought qpr would get dicked by scunny other week, or derby beating leeds......what will be will be, only definate thing is promotion is ours to lose :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Im not even bothering predicting results anymore, anything can happen....who would of thought qpr would get dicked by scunny other week, or derby beating leeds......what will be will be, only definate thing is promotion is ours to lose :ayatollah:

Totally agree with that this league is an absolute nightmare when it comes to predicting results. All I'll say is out of the 4 chasing teams to join QPR in the autos, I would chose at this point to be where we are (destiny in our own hands) than any of the other sides no matter what their perceived easier run ins are.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 am

Well we have Thursday night, we have the East Angelian derby between Ispwich and Norwich , anything happens in derbies and Ipswich will have a good home showing but you saw what happened to them in the reverse fixture :/

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 am

this is going to be tense finish, we have to win our four remaining fixtures no doubt but so do norwich and reading to keep pressure on us. i know its hard thinking about other teams run ins compared to ours but we and the team just need to concentrate on our own fixtures one game at a time. 360 mins left to play :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:23 am

All our games now are going to be really tough if only because of the prize at the end of it.

Funny how not so long ago we were thinking how easy our run-in was!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:58 am

I think Reading will drop 2 more points. Norwich will drop 3

Norwich finish on 83 points
Reading finish on 82 points

We CAN finish on 87 points, but think we will finish on 85 :D

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Thats why i love the Championship , all teams under pessure , botton or mid table will want to beat every team , playing for contracts and league position etc , lets not get carried away , ipswich could do us massive favour , simple though , win remaining matches we are up - any more incentive needed ??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Well boys and girls 4 games to go and we're in 2nd spot with a slim 1 point cushion and Norwich and Reading breathing down our neck.

Realistically we need 4 wins from 4 games as any slip up will be siezed upon by the teams immediately behind us.

1. QPR..Champions elect only 5 defeats all season with a point to prove against us and pay-back time for 2003..This is a major challenge which we cannot afford to fall short on, as a draw could see us a point behind Norwich and a point in front of Reading

2. Preston..Fighting for survival and a bit of a bogey ground for us, already beat the JB's and scrapping for every point.

3. Middlesborough..Should be ok for 3 points here, the easiest of the 4 games IMO.

4. Burnley..Tough as f**k for our last and maybe most important game of the season, they were a class act when they played us down here and had us on the rack quite a few times.

A few weeks ago it looked a fairly easyish run-in, but now I think it may be the hardest of ours, Reading's and Norwich's, it's difficult to see 4 wins from these 4 games, but if we want it badly enough and Bellers can get the players wound up enough who knows. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This is the Championship and is impossible to predict, time will tell, but I think we will all lose at least one but that we will still do it !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 pm

if we beat qpr i think the pressure will really be on the chasing teams depending on their results before we play qpr

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 pm

we are going to win 3 and draw 1.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:14 pm

a horse with no name wrote:we are going to win 3 and draw 1.

i was thinking win 2 draw 2