Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 am

" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "
Just My Opinion.
Bar Ipswich, Norwich have a relatively easy run in. Their other games include Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry who have nothing to play for.

What are Readings remaining games ?

Re: " WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:43 am

Yes :ayatollah:
we cannot drop points now, we cannot do the usual Cardiff City thing, we need 3 points.

We played QPR at this stage last season in need of a win and got one, lets do it again :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 am

adamt958 wrote:Yes :ayatollah:
we cannot drop points now, we cannot do the usual Cardiff City thing, we need 3 points.

We played QPR at this stage last season in need of a win and got one, lets do it again :ayatollah:

Adam, But WE CAN DO IT, IF EVERYONE BELIEVES IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:" WE HAVE TO WIN OUR 4 REMAINING GAMES "
Just My Opinion.
Bar Ipswich, Norwich have a relatively easy run in. Their other games include Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry who have nothing to play for.

What are Readings remaining games ?

Hand on heart I dont see Norwich dropping any points, I think Ipswich is the only real threat but then Coventry done Leicester so maybe a point to prove still. Having said all that this is the championship and anything can happen!

Friday, 22 April 2011
Npower Championship
Leeds v Reading, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 25 April 2011
Npower Championship
Reading v Sheff Utd, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 30 April 2011
Npower Championship
Coventry v Reading, 15:00

Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower Championship
Reading v Derby, 12:45

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:49 am

Reading have Leeds away Sheff u home Coventry away Derby home

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 am

blooooobirds all the way this is our year keep the faith and f**k off swansea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 am

From Facebook

Andrew Gabbidon
Its in our hands now annis. The big game for me will be qpr, if we beat them i think this could knock them a bit. Plus qpr are awaiting to hear from the leauge if they will have points docked of them.
23 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Dai Winter
after 35 years of following them has my dream come true blooobirds
21 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 am

As I said in the other thread Annis, I can't see Norwich or Reading not dropping points between now and the end. I think we can afford to draw one but we might as well aim for four wins. It's definitely possible. That way, if we fall just short with three wins and a draw it will still probably be good enough.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 am

One game at a time lads as the old saying goes. I am sure Dave Jones and the players had one thing on their mind at the final whistle and thats QPR :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 am

Annis i agree with you need all 4 games to win but i feel we are equiped to do it now mate.we have the bit
between our teeth now just need everyone being positve on and off the field!so close now can almost smell
top flight football mate!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 am

Just My Opinion.

Many players from Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry mind, still have to play for a new contract for next season and I doubt very much, that they'll go out and just lie down for their opponents!

Coventry had a good win against Millwall yesterday, Derby had a good win against Leeds last Tuesday and even though Pompey have fallen away of late, they had a good win at Leicester last month, a good win at Ipswich 3 weeks earlier and you could see how much they were fighting yesterday (literally on occasion) and I still expect them to give Norwich a difficult match!

Derby to beat QPR tomorrow at Loftus Road tomorrow as well! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 am

1st post here always been a reader in the past. We are unbeaten in 6 and have four wins on the trot some of our future opponents wouldn't be looking forward us in this form ! This current run is the best we've played all season and at the moment it doesn't look like ending. We as fans were confident yesterday and the players looked and played that way also. Be positive aand it will happen.Theres pressure on Norwich and Reading to catch us also. I don't think either will win their next games which are both played before we play QPR. Its in our hands and by the next time we play and beat QPR we could have a nice little gap forming with then just 3 games to go. Be positive and we will get to the promised land !!!!! We will do it !!!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 am

Best to aim for 4 victories - Ipswich will be big derby for Norwich - they turned us & won with ten men yestday ! Coventry will be no pushover - great 3 pts for them yestday too! We need to ensure we get all 3 pts against QPR & it would be great if Dirty Leeds take all 3 @ hometo Reading - afta yestdays result they need em !! Blllllooooobirdzz

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am

ANyone know where QPR are staying Friday and fancy doing another fire alarm number? ;) :P

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 am

We might not have to win all 4 but it would be nice :D

The important thing is to stay focused on 2nd spot rather than worrying about who is playing who.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:01 am

Baglan Bluebird wrote:1st post here always been a reader in the past. We are unbeaten in 6 and have four wins on the trot some of our future opponents wouldn't be looking forward us in this form ! This current run is the best we've played all season and at the moment it doesn't look like ending. We as fans were confident yesterday and the players looked and played that way also. Be positive aand it will happen.Theres pressure on Norwich and Reading to catch us also. I don't think either will win their next games which are both played before we play QPR. Its in our hands and by the next time we play and beat QPR we could have a nice little gap forming with then just 3 games to go. Be positive and we will get to the promised land !!!!! We will do it !!!

Good post, there is more pressure on Reading and Norwich than us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:02 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Just My Opinion.

Many players from Derby, Portsmouth and Coventry mind, still have to play for a new contract for next season and I doubt very much, that they'll go out and just lie down for their opponents!

Coventry had a good win against Millwall yesterday, Derby had a good win against Leeds last Tuesday and even though Pompey have fallen away of late, they had a good win at Leicester last month, a good win at Ipswich 3 weeks earlier and you could see how much they were fighting yesterday (literally on occasion) and I still expect them to give Norwich a difficult match!

Hmm not so sure on that WARNOCK IS A GOOD manager at this stage of the season.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 am

Zabier wrote:As I said in the other thread Annis, I can't see Norwich or Reading not dropping points between now and the end. I think we can afford to draw one but we might as well aim for four wins. It's definitely possible. That way, if we fall just short with three wins and a draw it will still probably be good enough.

They prob will, but Zabier we have to look for 4 Victories and therefore WE THEN CANT FAIL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 am

willie anderson wrote:Annis i agree with you need all 4 games to win but i feel we are equiped to do it now mate.we have the bit
between our teeth now just need everyone being positve on and off the field!so close now can almost smell
top flight football mate!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Just My Opinion.

Hmm not so sure on that WARNOCK IS A GOOD manager at this stage of the season.

Warnock has been a good manager ALL SEASON! not just this stage of it! ;)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 am

Warnock has been a good manager ALL SEASON! not just this stage of it! lol Merlin

I've been saying he is a TOP MANAGER RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS SEASON IF YOU LOOK BACK AT MY POSTS :roll:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:Warnock has been a good manager ALL SEASON! not just this stage of it! lol Merlin

I've been saying he is a TOP MANAGER RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS SEASON IF YOU LOOK BACK AT MY POSTS :roll:

I was only quoting your last post Annis! :lol:

No need for me to check your old posts! I know you've always praised Colin W**ker! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 am

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Warnock has been a good manager ALL SEASON! not just this stage of it! lol Merlin

I was only quoting your last post Annis! :lol:

No need for me to check your old posts! I know you've always praised Colin W**ker! :ayatollah:

I was talking about this stage of the season and in previous posts I've always said after QPR have lost a game, they have a manager who can handle the pressure and hold his nerve. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: