Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BRIGHTON SLEEPING GIANT "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:56 am

" BRIGHTON SLEEPING GIANT "

Now Sold Over 17,000 Season Tickets for Next Season.
They take over a 1,000 every where in the lower Division.
Yesterday they went to Walsall, they had over 3,500 there and Brilliant pitch invasion at the end, Love these type of teams/fans, better than Premier Plastic fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " BRIGHTON SLEEPING GIANT "

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 am

They are playing the gayboys next season so will be a record attendance down the liberty

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 am

Happy for them, they've been shafted by the government over a new ground for 12 years or so?? and have done well with a reduced attendance at a crap athletics stadium. Promotion and a new ground next season, well done Brighton

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 am

Theyve certainly got the fanbase and could be a dark horse in the championship. I will never forget the battle of Brigthon the last season at their Goldstone ground I think it was I think we beat them and there was some nasty scenes outside the ground there seemed to be hundreds involved !!!!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 am

Sausage fest down the Liberty if Swansea stay down :lol:

:ayatollah:

Brighton, one of my most memorable trips. We stayed the weekend because it was my mates stag do and the great invention of superglue which served its purpose on the Friday night when we striped him bollcok naked and superglued his arse to a gay restaurant window, much to the delight of the punters.

Hope they do well they deserve it, seemed to have the whole world against them at one stage.

bluecityblue wrote:Happy for them, they've been shafted by the government over a new ground for 12 years or so?? and have done well with a reduced attendance at a crap athletics stadium. Promotion and a new ground next season, well done Brighton

thier stadium was shite fair play :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 am

lived here 26 years, top place and defo a sleeping giant, nearest rival is 40 mile away in any direction, palace or pompey. there new ground is the business and gus poyet is/will be a top manager and the owner's got a few quid as well, reckon he will be given at least 5 million to spend in the summer :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:16 am

a horse with no name wrote:They are playing the gayboys next season so will be a record attendance down the liberty

:lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 am

All change when the Manager moves on.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 pm

It looks better than the old ground already, and the pitch by there does too. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Yeah, the new stadium is the balls. I don't mind Brighton. I hated them when we were rivals with them but now we've skipped on ahead I find them ok again! ;)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:20 pm

the pitch looks better than ours

Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:40 pm

bluecityblue wrote: Happy for them, they've been shafted by the government over a new ground for 12 years or so??

Not sure if that was meant as a joke, but I laughed any way :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Pity we won't be playing a match there next season, unless we draw them away in the cup

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: