Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Keep a settled team

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:12 am

I just hope that DJ keeps a settled team for the run in.

Cocked up last year by changing at the death by bringing in Hudson instead of Gerrard.

I know Hudson has done much better this year but bottled it at Wembley and the back four are looking solid at the minute.

I hope lessons will be learnt and when Chops and Hudson are fit they start from the bench.

Chops will not let us down. Hudson?

Re: Keep a settled team

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 am

As much as i love chops, him being injured has been a blessing! Twice this season we have been on good good runs, both coincided with chops being injured, we look more balanced with whitts left and bellers up top, if chops plays we look disjointed. Id use him as like for like sub for bellers till the run in and keeps whitts and burke wide

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:29 am

Yeah, I agree with Chops he will be great to bring off the bench.We need his buzz/passion.

DJ tinkered last year with the back four at the death and I think he sees Hudson as this terrific leader.

I am not convinced and hope he does not change to accomodate Hudson and move Kev out of the middle.

DJ is his own man but should stick with what is working. He may be swayed if results do not go our way. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:36 am

I can see Chopra being on the bench when he has recovered.

I feel Hudson will make a return so McNaughton can return to right back.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 am

Yeah this is what frightens me.

Will Hudson be straight back to form?

Drop Quinn?

Drop Samuel?

That wouldn't be fair.

It must be Hudson for the bench. He's no Roger Johnson!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Samuel would get dropped. He is not 100% match fit. Also it would free up a loanee space.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Why are people so against Hudson all of a sudden ?

McNaughton's best at full-back, end of.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm just glad Burkey is starting again.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why are people so against Hudson all of a sudden ?

I don't think people are against Hudson as such but it would be a big mistake to bring him back now when our defence is so settled, playing so well and looking hard to break down, added to which Hudson can't possibly be match fit and you cant just throw him into a full 90 minutes of an important end of season game unless of course someone like Quinn or Keinan was to get injured, then you would have to throw him in. If I was manager and had the choice I would keep him as a back up on the bench. Put it this way, since Hudson got injured we have played 4, Won 4, scored 12 and conceded 2 goals. Anybody wanting to change that should be sectioned under the mental health act :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Point taken about Samuel but we knew that before we signed him. He has the Prem league experience and the back four does look more solid of late.

McNaughton has not put a foot out of place at centre back and looks good with Keinan and gives extra pace in the middle which we lack with Hudson.

Perhaps full back is his best position but I would not want to gamble with Hudson at this stage.

He has improved this season but frightens me at times. As long as I live I will never forget how poor he and Marshall were at Wembley and I feel that both are average Championship players at best.

This is my opinion trying not to repeat that shattering defeat to Blackpool when we were sadly outthought and outfought. 43 years for me is a long time to wait to reach the promised land. As the old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it." :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why are people so against Hudson all of a sudden ?

I don't think people are against Hudson as such but it would be a big mistake to bring him back now when our defence is so settled, playing so well and looking hard to break down, added to which Hudson can't possibly be match fit and you cant just throw him into a full 90 minutes of an important end of season game unless of course someone like Quinn or Keinan was to get injured, then you would have to throw him in. If I was manager and had the choice I would keep him as a back up on the bench. Put it this way, since Hudson got injured we have played 4, Won 4, scored 12 and conceded 2 goals. Anybody wanting to change that should be sectioned under the mental health act :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair enough :lol: But you have to take into account that we have played 4 poor/extremely average sides over these 4 games, so it hasn't been hard for McNaughton to look good.