Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC vs QPR on St. Georges' Day

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 pm

They are looking to come down and have a big party on our 'manor' celebrating their Turkish Saints Day with many flags. They are also hoping for promotion as well as payback for the Play-Offs. They think it will wind us up a treat.

Are we biting or rising above it with pure passion in support of our own team?

I go for the former.

Re: CCFC vs QPR on St. Georges' Day

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:They are looking to come down and have a big party on our 'manor' celebrating their Turkish Saints Day with many flags. They are also hoping for promotion as well as payback for the Play-Offs. They think it will wind us up a treat.

Are we biting or rising above it with pure passion in support of our own team?

I go for the former.

Do they not know what we did on that very day in 1927?

Bring it on!! :D :ayatollah: 8-) :D :ayatollah: 8-) :D :ayatollah: 8-)

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Pay back ? I thought they'd already beaten us once already this season !

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Pay back ? I thought they'd already beaten us once already this season !

Thinks he means the 2003 playoffs

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 pm

No payback required as far as we're concerned.

2003 is long gone & both clubs have come on leaps & bounds since. Of course given the date you will probably see a few St George Cross flags but as far as I'm concerned I'll be there to support QPR not England.

Should be a good day & match. Biggest of the NPower Championship this season no doubt.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 pm

MASIVE game.. Just hope the presure dnt get to us and we can grind out a win.. respect 2 Qpr for the way they have gone about it this season, thourouly deserve to be top of the league at the end of the season... I just hope they have an off day against us saturday... they can afford to have an off day ffs lol

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Midfield general wrote:anyone know what hotel they are staying in :lol:

:lol:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 pm

I hope Cardiff City win next week against QPR Come on Cardiff u can Do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 pm

how do you think the game will go stan?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:19 pm

jinks-rct wrote:how do you think the game will go stan?

Do you know what some games like this have all the hype & actually end up quite boring but I do believe this game has all the ingredients to be a real cracker.

As you already know we are a very consistent, resilient side & can mix it with anyone in this division but let's be honest you boys are on a red hot streak of form at the minute & are only now starting to live up to the pre season hype that was lauded upon you, also with a full stadium roaring you on you have to be the favourites.

We travel ok, nothing amazing but always have enough at our disposal to get a job done but as I said previously I think anyone facing you boys at the minute is up against a mammoth task.

If we play as we did away recently at Scunthorpe & Barnsley (although we won) we will be on the end of a hiding, if we play as we have done most of this season we are well capable of getting a result.

I'll plump for: Cardiff City-2 QPR-2

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I'll plump for: Cardiff City-2 QPR-2

I'm with toyon this Stan. There's no way it's gonna be 0-0 but there is toouch on it for both teams so 2-2 is my prediction perhaps even a 3-3 corker.

I've just been trawling a few QPR messageboards which is where I saw the mention of St. Georges Day retribution for a long gone play off and the hopes of promotion clinched on Cardiff soil.