Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Negativity v Positivity!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:09 am

After all the negativity I read around varying places last night and this morning, surrounding Norwich's result, I thought I'd post this message! I've edited it slightly, from a reply I made on another post, as I thought it may be worth a post in it's own right!

We've won our last 4 games in a row, we're unbeaten in 6 games and although we lost the previous 2 games against Ipswich and Palace, we were unlucky against Palace and battered Ipswich, without getting the 3 points that we fully deserved!

We've had some excellent results in the few games since the New Year's Day defeat against Bristol city, beating Leeds and completing a double over them, winning 2-0 at Hull and completing the double over them, beating a confident Watford, who had only a few weeks earlier, stuffed us at their place and gone to QPR and stuffed them at their place as well!
We've beaten hot favourites Swansea City at Jackland, comfortably beat the in form team at the time Leicester 2-0 and only 3 weeks ago, we "Savaged" Derby County 4-1 (another double), who drew comfortably on Monday, with our guests QPR tomorrow!
In between, we got a credible draw at Stoke City in the FA Cup and it took extra time for them to overcome us at our home, even though we played many second choice players in our team! Stoke City, for those who don't know (where have you been then? :) ), beat Bolton 5-0 at Wembley last weekend and are now in the FA Cup Final!

Okay, prior to our 4 match winning streak, we drew some matches by conceding some silly and late goals, but we've now got a confident and seemingly settled back four, with JLS slotting in like he's been there all season at left back, with Quinny playing like Phil Neal (younger members may have to do a Google :) ), with Keinan playing resolutely like a current day Alan Hansen and Super Kev playing like a shorter and faster version of Bobby Moore, I think we've got second place licked!

If any member is still feeling negative about our current run in, then keep it to your bloody self! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Re: Negativity v Positivity!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 am

good post

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 am

ccfcdor wrote:good post

Thanks! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 am

Not sure why the post is entitled 'Negativity v Positivity' because it sounds more like a half season summary.

However, on that basis it's not bad and the point about taking Stoke to an extra-time reply in the FA Cup is a good one.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Not sure why the post is entitled 'Negativity v Positivity' because it sounds more like a half season summary.

However, on that basis it's not bad and the point about taking Stoke to an extra-time reply in the FA Cup is a good one.

I thought the headline was a decent one at the time and it was because I was peeved with all the negative posts on here last night and this morning!

I initially set out to improve the lack of positivity on here and whilst I didn't set out specifically to write up a half season summary, I suppose it could be taken that way!

Whichever way it is, it's too late for me to change the headline now, as I don't have any moderator's authority! :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Not sure why the post is entitled 'Negativity v Positivity' because it sounds more like a half season summary.

I thought the headline was a decent one at the time and it was because I was peeved with all the negative posts on here last night and this morning!

I initially set out to improve the lack of positivity on here and whilst I didn't set out specifically to write up a half season summary, I suppose it could be taken that way!

Whichever way it is, it's too late for me to change the headline now, as I don't have any moderator's authority! :) :ayatollah:

I know where you are coming from on that. I have started loads of threads with one intention and ended up with something completely different :lol:

That's why these days I tend to comment on threads rather than start them, so really I shouldn't be so fussy :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 am

Top post! I'm very confused why suddenly we're bound for the playoffs when we haven't even played? Yes it was a massive victory for Norwich but I just dont understand some people's logic.. It may seem like an easy run but im sure norwich fans would have nailed us on for 6 points against palace and barnsley prior to the international break, just like i did swansea in their last 2 games, this league is crazy.

It may shock some but norwich have only won 3 games in a row once this season, and have never had a run longer than that.. we have just as much chance as them.. believe that this is OUR time... please.. the boys need us badly on saturday. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 am

Im being positive from here on in....we ARE going up!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 am

Dange wrote:Im being positive from here on in....we ARE going up!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Home, Home on the Grange,
Where Bellamy and Bothroyd do play,
Where Swansea dismay,
At the Way that we play,
Cos they know that we've also got Sey! :) :ayatollah:

The Blues are going up, The Blues are going up, eeh aye addio, The Blues are going up! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 am

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:12 pm

PtB wrote::ayatollah:

The Blues are going up, The Blues are going up, eeh aye addio, The Blues are going up! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Evening Bump! :) :ayatollah: