Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football Focus

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 pm

I was browsing the BBC Sports website just now and I noticed 'Friday Focus' - a video they usually put up on a Friday afternoon/evening which previews 'Football Focus', the normal Saturday show.

This week the whole thing is from Cardiff as the focus crew will be doing the City match (presumably), which is of course live on BBC1. The show's presenter, Dan Walker, goes on to say that DJ will be live on the show, also a piece on Bothroyd, and that Mark Lawrenson & Lee Dixon will be on the show as per normal, along with Wales gaffer Gary Speed.

He then says Sam Warburton and Jamie Roberts will also be joining them as they both play for the Blues who (unfortunately) play at the CCS.

They had to throw the egg-chasers in didn't they :roll:

Just because they're in Wales. Who gives a shit about what they think ! They don't even play the same sport.

It may be nothing to most people, but I get the feeling every time Wales is mentioned on TV, they always have to mention the eggers.

Re: Football Focus

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

You are absolutely right about the egg chasers, they never seem to ask any City players, what they think when Wales are playing in the 6 nations, Rugby aaaaarggggggg it makes me sick :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Get into the Premier League,and the Egg boys will have to take a back stage :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I was browsing the BBC Sports website just now and I noticed 'Friday Focus' - a video they usually put up on a Friday afternoon/evening which previews 'Football Focus', the normal Saturday show.
This week the whole thing is from Cardiff as the focus crew will be doing the City match (presumably), which is of course live on BBC1. The show's presenter, Dan Walker, goes on to say that DJ will be live on the show, also a piece on Bothroyd, and that Mark Lawrenson & Lee Dixon will be on the show as per normal, along with Wales gaffer Gary Speed.

He then says Sam Warburton and Jamie Roberts will also be joining them as they both play for the Blues who (unfortunately) play at the CCS.

Just because they're in Wales. Who gives a shit about what they think ! They don't even play the same sport.

It may be nothing to most people, but I get the feeling every time Wales is mentioned on TV, they always have to mention the eggers.

Really mate ? Hence the reason its called FRIDAY FOCUS ! NOT FOOTBALL FOCUS WHICH EMPHASISES IT AINT ABOUT FOOTBALL its about the sport on the weekend !

Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I was browsing the BBC Sports website just now and I noticed 'Friday Focus' - a video they usually put up on a Friday afternoon/evening which previews 'Football Focus', the normal Saturday show.

Really mate ? Hence the reason its called FRIDAY FOCUS ! NOT FOOTBALL FOCUS WHICH EMPHASISES IT AINT ABOUT FOOTBALL its about the sport on the weekend !

Well if it's a video that previews the Saturday show, i.e Football Focus, I was thinking it might be nothing except football :roll:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
RobsonCCFC wrote:

if its got rugby players on it or as people like you like to call it "Egg-Chasers" then it blatently isn't !

Well if it's a video that previews the Saturday show, i.e Football Focus, I was thinking it might be nothing except football :roll:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Get into the Premier League,and the Egg boys will have to take a back stage :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's not happening mate, if Cardiff or Swansea won the premier league, Welsh rugby would still come first!

I am from ccmb and i will destry you :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:04 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Get into the Premier League,and the Egg boys will have to take a back stage :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's not happening mate, if Cardiff or Swansea won the premier league, Welsh rugby would still come first!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
RobsonCCFC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What does that mean mate, no comeback, you know I'm right isit ?

Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Listen, the eggers are struggling to compete with City and Swansea at the moment even when neither have even reached the Premier League ! They know promotion for either would be a disaster for the WRU. What would most ten year-olds want to go and watch ? The Blues against Edinburgh or City/Swansea against Manchester United ? No contest.

Did you hear that the WRU were handing out flyers for the Barbarians game at the City game the other night ? How times change :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:

It's a month old, any need for the bump.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Listen, the eggers are struggling to compete with City and Swansea at the moment even when neither have even reached the Premier League ! They know promotion for either would be a disaster for the WRU. What would most ten year-olds want to go and watch ? The Blues against Edinburgh or City/Swansea against Manchester United ? No contest.

Did you hear that the WRU were handing out flyers for the Barbarians game at the City game the other night ? How times change :lol:

How are they struggling to compete then mate? Cardiff just got hammered 3-0 at home against Reading in a play-off semi-final ? Thats what they call a hammering. How far have wales got in a football world cup, you know when they manage to qualify whereas welsh rugby qualify every 4 years hahahahaa ;) ;) ;) ! Promotion would also be a disaster for you, because it would just build you up untill they come straight back down hahaha :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm

RobsonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Listen, the eggers are struggling to compete with City and Swansea at the moment even when neither have even reached the Premier League ! They know promotion for either would be a disaster for the WRU. What would most ten year-olds want to go and watch ? The Blues against Edinburgh or City/Swansea against Manchester United ? No contest.

How are they struggling to compete then mate? Cardiff just got hammered 3-0 at home against Reading in a play-off semi-final ? Thats what they call a hammering. How far have wales got in a football world cup, you know when they manage to qualify whereas welsh rugby qualify every 4 years hahahahaa ;) ;) ;) ! Promotion would also be a disaster for you, because it would just build you up untill they come straight back down hahaha :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

They're running scared, all of them ? They even ran a feature on an S4C (the welsh language channel) programme the other night, asking what might happen to rugby in this country if either of the welsh teams were to go up. That's how scared they are :lol:

And I know we lost to Reading, but 'hammered' ? I don't think so. It did finish 3-0, but City were probably better for most of the first half. Second half was pretty straightforward for Reading and they got another for good measure.

And I'm not just on about City. It's probably escaped your attention, but our neighbours from down the M4 have made it to a 'play-off final'. Heard of it ? One game where if you win, you're promoted :o As I've said, whichever side is promoted, it would certainly put the egg in the shadows for quite a bit.

Wales actually reached the quarter-final in 1958 (a long time ago I'll admit), but they did beat Hungary to reach that stage (no mean feat as Hungary were around the top of world football at the time, look it up), and only lost to Brazil (yes, Brazil, five-time world champions) when Pele scored. Hardly a disgrace !

And don't be so ignorant. How many sides are competing for a place in the FIFA World Cup ? Yep, over 200. No wonder such a small country such as ourselves don't qualify as often as ourselves.

What is it in rugby ? The participants are decided by ranking, i.e the top 16 qualify ?

What a joke ! A lot of sides then, with no rugby history/culture, can't even compete in some sort of qualifying ? Not that fair then is it ?

And regarding City coming straight back down ? Well if we were to invest in the right players to help sustain the club in the Premier League, and given the fact we're a bigger club with a bigger fanbase (potentially) than clubs who'd be around us if we were fighting relegation, say, in the first year, clubs the size of Fulham and Wigan, even Birmingham and Blackburn, I'd say we'd have more than a decent chance of staying up, and not just for 2-3 years !