Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FOR ALL THE ENGLISH AMONGST US!!!!!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 am

i was born in england and my mum is english spent lots of my childhood in wales and thanks to my dad being a passionate welshman and city fan i got taken to games as a young girl and as im sure many are aware you dont choose cardiff city they choose you have been following them for 31 years my welsh heritage means far more than my english when i hear the welsh anthem im filled with pride and usually cry whereas the english 1 produces no response at all have got to know many city fans over the years and not once have they mention my accent or nationality a lots spoken about how city daft i am today is a special day because its the day city take 3 points off qpr and reclaim 2nd spot

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 am

Everybody has their opinion. Im celebrating St. George's day, Im proud to be English as my Mrs and daughter are proud to be Welsh.Im one for disrespecting other peoples cultures, how they live or booing their national athems,i show to much respect for that! :old:

I celebrate St Georges day as much as i celebrate St Davids day,it's in our family end of!!!! :old:

I'll see most of you today at the game and i hope it's a victorious one for the Bluebirds! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HAPPY ST.GEORGES DAY!!! :old:

Up the Owls and up the Bluebirds!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 am

AHERNE wrote:
McMurdo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:When it comes to football yes in Banter i give them stick. In work its the same but i have a lot of English mates and they are the best. My Mother is English i was born in England and so was my Son. My Dad and Grandparents are Welsh and especially my Grancha and Nan who were Welsh speaking and were the proudest Welshman and Woman about and that is where i get my Welsh passion. I will support Wales over England until the day i die. Also i don't claim to really know Sam but we always say hello to each other at the City and he is a top bloke. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To be fair, if anyone on this board can prove that they have a 100% Welsh bloodline, with no English/outside connection at all, I'll buy them a beer. That's how f**king unlikely it is. :lol:

well my surname says it all :lol: my roots lie in southern ireland! ... a place where they had the guts to tell the english to f**k off! .... id love for us welsh to do the same!

Stop talking shit you Irish inbred ,most people in south Wales have English ancestors thats why most of us dont speak the Welsh language.Majority of them came seeking work down the pits at the turn of the 20th century

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 am

sam salim wrote:Everybody has their opinion. Im celebrating St. George's day, Im proud to be English as my Mrs and daughter are proud to be Welsh.Im one for disrespecting other peoples cultures, how they live or booing their national athems,i show to much respect for that! :old:

I celebrate St Georges day as much as i celebrate St Davids day,it's in our family end of!!!! :old:

I'll see most of you today at the game and i hope it's a victorious one for the Bluebirds! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HAPPY ST.GEORGES DAY!!! :old:

Up the Owls and up the Bluebirds!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im not one for disrespecting other peoples cultures,how theylive and booing their national athems is what i meant to say!!! :oops:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Rich wrote:Hopefully all of us English Cardiff City fans are going to have a good St Georges Day watching OUR team smash QPR.

good post rich :ayatollah:

and sam thats a moving poem :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Baz, see you this afters!!!!
You can get me abeer in! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 am

sam salim wrote:No one calls it racist
When the daffodil's worn in Wales
Or is offended by their dragon
With its forked tail and scales

When St Patrick’s day comes round
And the shamrock's being worn
The Irish are not treated
With insult or with scorn

If a Scotsman on St Andrew’s day
Hoists his flag aloft
He’s not proclaimed a fascist
Or ridiculed or scoffed

So when St George's Day arrives
We English men wont hide
For Elizabeth, England & St George
We’ll wear our Rose with pride ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YER AND WE HAVE A LANGUAGE OF OUR OWN BUT YOU F--KERS TRY TO STAMP IT OUT , EVEN TODAY THEY TRY IT. F--K U AND YOUR SAINT ,AND BY THE WAY HE WAS FROM TURKEY . THAT WHY YOU CANT SING LIKE THE WELSH BUT YOUR SISTERS & DAUGHTERS ARE GOOD AT A GOBBLE :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 am

Happy St Georges Day Sam.....or should I say Happy Kebab Day ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/apr/23/hewasbornin

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:03 am

Dange wrote:Happy St Georges Day Sam.....or should I say Happy Kebab Day ;)

HA HA HA I'll be having one some time today,depends how long i last on the beer???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 am

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
McMurdo wrote:
To be fair, if anyone on this board can prove that they have a 100% Welsh bloodline, with no English/outside connection at all, I'll buy them a beer. That's how f**king unlikely it is. :lol:

well my surname says it all :lol: my roots lie in southern ireland! ... a place where they had the guts to tell the english to f**k off! .... id love for us welsh to do the same!

Stop talking shit you Irish inbred ,most people in south Wales have English ancestors thats why most of us dont speak the Welsh language.Majority of them came seeking work down the pits at the turn of the 20th century

they came here to work in the 20th century!!!! thats bollox! ... most people down those welsh pits that the english government as now shut! WERE WELSH!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 am

sam salim wrote:
Dange wrote:Happy St Georges Day Sam.....or should I say Happy Kebab Day ;)

HA HA HA I'll be having one some time today,depends how long i last on the beer???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOUR ENGLISH THE BEER OR YOU WONT LAST LONG. when boys got money they think they are men, but when its gone there just boys again ! :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 am

Rich wrote:Hopefully all of us English Cardiff City fans are going to have a good St Georges Day watching OUR team smash QPR.

Our team with six English players in it. ;)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:13 am

BigGwynram wrote:

hopefully gwyn when we get to the premiership we wont have to sell our best welsh players again! :ayatollah: earnshaw, gabbidon, collins, gunter, ramsey, ledley etc etc!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

We have got to bigger than this, how can you hate people that you have not even met? I take everyone on their own merit, no matter what their nationality. Some of my best mates are English and all top blokes.

The above is subject to the following statement: "With the exception of those Jack Bastards of course, I hate every one of those fuckers" :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:46 am

BigGwynram wrote:

Yer and Unlike the poor miners who work for the english , there getting good money to play for us. ! OK ?

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:48 am

Keli wrote:We have got to bigger than this, how can you hate people that you have not even met? I take everyone on their own merit, no matter what their nationality. Some of my best mates are English and all top blokes.

The above is subject to the following statement: "With the exception of those Jack Bastards of course, I hate every one of those fuckers" :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i dont hate the english people indvidually, its the english government that ive got a problem with! ... wish we could break free of them and stop fighting pointless wars! ... saying that mind, i do HATE THE ENGLISH FOOTBALL TEAM WITH A PASSION!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:51 am

Bollocks to England.

If it in''t in Yorkshire, it's not worth bloody visiting. (unless it's in Wales of course)

That's a fact :)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am

reading some of the posts on here make me ashamed to be welsh
if english city fans want to celebrate st georges day good on them and i hope they enjoy their day
i hate the little wales mentality... " we've been oppressed by the english for 800 years" ffs
we sound like the bitter and twisted plastic paddies

HAPPY ST GEORGES TO ALL ENGLISH CCFC FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:01 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:reading some of the posts on here make me ashamed to be welsh
if english city fans want to celebrate st georges day good on them and i hope they enjoy their day
i hate the little wales mentality... " we've been oppressed by the english for 800 years" ffs

HAPPY ST GEORGES TO ALL ENGLISH CCFC FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why dont you take time out and read about what the english try to do and did do to the Irish and the black & tans.
and even to this day they try to stamp out the Welsh speaking.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:06 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:reading some of the posts on here make me ashamed to be welsh

my grandfather was canned in school for speaking welsh when he was a very young boy of just 5 years old! we are not talking about 800 years ago! ... canned for speaking welsh ffs!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:17 am

This ^^^^^^
St G's day 1927 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 am

welshcitydragon wrote:

Why dont you take time out and read about what the english try to do and did do to the Irish and the black & tans.

so the opening of new welsh is stamping out welsh speaking :roll:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:24 am

AHERNE wrote:

my grandfather was canned in school for speaking welsh when he was a very young boy of just 5 years old! we are not talking about 800 years ago! ... canned for speaking welsh ffs!

my grand parents had no problems with speaking welsh in school which was prob 100 years ago in the rhondda
stop living in the past its 2011 ffs

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

so the opening of new welsh is stamping out welsh speaking :roll:

i ment new welsh schools :oops:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 pm

LIVING IN THE PAST ? ONLY 4 DAYS AGO A HOTEL TOLD ALL THERE STAFF NOT TO SPEAK WELSH, COS ONE MEN COULDNT UNDERSTAND IT ! AND THIS HOTEL IS IN WALES IN THE HEART OF A WELSH SPEAKING TOWN AND THAT OK WITH YOU IS IT ? YOUR ARE A eNGLISH SYMPHATHIZER

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:24 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:LIVING IN THE PAST ? ONLY 4 DAYS AGO A HOTEL TOLD ALL THERE STAFF NOT TO SPEAK WELSH, COS ONE MEN COULDNT UNDERSTAND IT ! AND THIS HOTEL IS IN WALES IN THE HEART OF A WELSH SPEAKING TOWN AND THAT OK WITH YOU IS IT ? YOUR ARE A eNGLISH SYMPHATHIZER

Get a life,even you own people are pissed off with you! ;)
Im off down canton for a beer and a kebab, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nos Da!!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:19 pm

sam salim wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:LIVING IN THE PAST ? ONLY 4 DAYS AGO A HOTEL TOLD ALL THERE STAFF NOT TO SPEAK WELSH, COS ONE MEN COULDNT UNDERSTAND IT ! AND THIS HOTEL IS IN WALES IN THE HEART OF A WELSH SPEAKING TOWN AND THAT OK WITH YOU IS IT ? YOUR ARE A eNGLISH SYMPHATHIZER

Get a life,even you own people are pissed off with you! ;)
Im off down canton for a beer and a kebab, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nos Da!!!! :ayatollah:

Yer watch the kebab dont get stuck up your arse, after all that what you talk through. :)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:52 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:we sound like the bitter and twisted plastic paddies

I'm half Irish. l I was brought up there. I'm equally proud of my Irish and Welsh parentage. You're accusing people of being bitter and twisted, but you're no f*cking better. You can't seem to handle the fact that a country wanted, and got, its independence from Britain. Move on for f**k sake, and stop going on about these 'paddies', you probably don't even know any - if you did, then you'd know that most don't give a shite about the past and quite happily get on with people from all parts of Britain.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

I'm half Irish. l I was brought up there. I'm equally proud of my Irish and Welsh parentage. You're accusing people of being bitter and twisted, but you're no f*cking better. You can't seem to handle the fact that a country wanted, and got, its independence from Britain. Move on for f**k sake, and stop going on about these 'paddies', you probably don't even know any - if you did, then you'd know that most don't give a shite about the past and quite happily get on with people from all parts of Britain.

your right i was out of order slagging off the paddies and i do appologise however i have only been to ireland (cork) once and we had anything but a good welcome there in fact they were quiet hostile towards us because we were british

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:35 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

your right i was out of order slagging off the paddies and i do appologise however i have only been to ireland (cork) once and we had anything but a good welcome there in fact they were quiet hostile towards us because we were british

Yer well when you are taken out from your homes and raped and shot for just being Irish it do upset some people.
Like when a 7 year old boy is shot dead just for playing in a river. Mybe you never read or heard about the Black and Tans ?
all this just cos they wanted there freedom.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Just read this thread and I think it should be locked.