Re: Whittingham

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Missed a sitter early on.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Totally Agree - Same applies to Mcphail

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Thought Whitts was our weak link today, think Burke and Bellers were subbed due to exaughstian more than anything else.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm

JET was ready to come on, I thought it must be for Whitts.

Chopra was ready to come on, I thought it has to be Whitts this time.

Not sure what Dave was hoping for tbh. The chance he blazed over the bar was awful. For not hitting the target from there, he wants shooting.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:51 pm

RFMH wrote:Thought Whitts was our weak link today, think Burke and Bellers were subbed due to exaughstian more than anything else.

Agree with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:46 pm

I agree Whitts didn't have a good game today, but McPhail was f**king shocking. I'm sorry but those who claim 'he hardly gives the ball away' must be bloody deluded.

It happens so often something is bound to give eventually and that's before we get to his dreadful tackling, positional play and total lack of energy.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:00 pm

I spoke out the other day about whits and got told I was wrong, so Im glad Im not wrong on my own.
I will say it again , not one time did I see him jump for a ball even when the ball was dropping near him , he would wait for the qpr guy to jump , and when it come down he would just stand there looking to see what the guy would do with it, never did I see him try to even run with the ball, and twice he had no fker infront of him but still he wouldnt run with the ball, he just booted it up field and it didnt even reach Jay and QPR picked it up then run at us. Sorry I know the guy can score, but he dont put a shift in as much as the other guys. The very first second he get the ball he cant wait to boot it up field. Next time you see him get the ball, watch how fast he try to off load it, and even if a player is marked he will still pump the ball up there when or even if he has no one infront of him, and can make a run and gain ground and keep the ball safe.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Yes Mcphail also, another guy that gives the ball away like he is dishing out sweets. Ok we all give the ball away at some times but 75% of the time is just not good. then he gives away free kicks where the other team can have good crack at goal.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:08 pm

I was disappointed with Whitts today he was well below his best but at least he works and he did the professional thing with the handball so I think we should put it down as a bad day at the office.

Steve McPhail had a very poor game though low energy, poor passing and QPR played around him with absolute ease. Very poor display. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Whitts was very poor but can alwways pull out a free kick if you need it , should have been subbed though :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:16 pm

castleblue wrote:I was disappointed with Whitts today he was well below his best but at least he works and he did the professional thing with the handball so I think we should put it down as a bad day at the office.

Steve McPhail had a very poor game though low energy, poor passing and QPR played around him with absolute ease. Very poor display. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If the truth is told that has been true about the pair of them (espeically McPhail) even through our good run. The problem is winning can paper of the cracks.

Once QPR equalised there should have been a double substitution with both Whitts and McPhail going off. Both were completely shite and couldn't possibly have contributed anything to the rest of the game.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:41 pm

For Taraabt's 2nd goal Routledge put him in and should at least have been challenged by Whittingham but he ran in the opposite direction, watch the goal again, lazy b*****d. Whittingham tries to avoid physical contact at all cost, won't put his foot in, can't remember him getting injured much :roll: Scores some cracking goals but is a luxury player we can't afford when we want to dog it out and hold onto a lead. Another avoidable tactical error i'm afraid.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:45 pm

born again bluebird wrote:For Taraabt's 2nd goal Routledge put him in and should at least have been challenged by Whittingham but he ran in the opposite direction, watch the goal again, lazy b*****d. Whittingham tries to avoid physical contact at all cost, won't put his foot in, can't remember him getting injured much :roll: Scores some cracking goals but is a luxury player we can't afford when we want to dog it out and hold onto a lead. Another avoidable tactical error i'm afraid.

Yep you got it, 100% he dont like getting into too much action. most times his kit is as clean as when he first comes out.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 pm

robbo wrote:What has he got to do to get subbed.
Was never in the game today.....

Jones was clueless today. Surely he noticed how poor Whitts was. Giving Taarabt so much freedom was a travesty. Did'nt he watch how Savage marked him out of the game recently.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Said this about Whitts earlier in the season, people responded with statistics and information. Which is nonsense I think. He was muck today :(

What does he have to do to be replaced? Or mcphail for that matter? These are the decisions, or lack of, that make people like me question David Jones

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:49 pm

if anyone else takes the limelight (bellamy, chopra, Bothroyd) whittingham fades into the background,

but then when our strikers aren't performing he ironically comes up with the goods

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:52 pm

If he was brilliant all the time he would not be in the championship

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:If he was brilliant all the time he would not be in the championship

thats true,
on his day he's one of the best left sided midfielders england has

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:11 pm

what a load of crap whits was in the game trying but qpr out smarted us they watched him as whitts is one of our best players but to many supporters on here just want to slag him off.. does my head in. QPR are a class team and they out classed us end of.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:11 pm

yawn yawn.we just played qpr off the park and you still slag the the team off.ffs

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:13 pm

I think Whitts has been our best player and my favorite player for the past 3 years despite his sometimes lack of application :old: :D :D :D :D

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:15 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:yawn yawn.we just played qpr off the park and you still slag the the team off.ffs

Agree with you at least it takes the pressure of Dave Jones :D :D :D :D

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Agree with you at least it takes the pressure of Dave Jones :D :D :D :D[/quote] :lol: hes not gotting the blame tonigt. :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:27 pm

give whitts a 5/10 today, :roll:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:28 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:Agree with you at least it takes the pressure of Dave Jones :D :D :D :D
:lol: hes not gotting the blame tonigt. :lol:[/quote]

Its great, I am feeling unbelievably up beat at the moment,and the way we played today we will walk the play offs .and now I am thinking why didn't Whits go to Forrest we would have been better without him :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:47 pm

The whole team played well today - how can you slag anyone off ????

Whittingham did not score a goal from 30 yards today but he did what he does well, good passing and in the right place to receive a pass and move it on. He is NOT a terrier type of player like Savage so why compare them ?

McPhail had a tremendous game - he was in every tackle and ran everywhere. He did some great first time passes through their defence too.

Did Jet come on ?.... He looked tired and the least interested person on the pitch. For the fastest player in the city squad he should try sprinting now and again. He has the skill and pace to terrorise the opposition.

A point is a point, now we just need to get more than the rivals each game.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:20 am

Granted I only saw the game on TV, but I felt that he had a better game and has had a better season than Chris Burke (From the games and highlights that I have seen).

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:23 am

woah, wait, what? McPhail had an awesome game, didn't stop running! everyone put in a shift today, just got unlucky in my opinion. Whitts had an ok game, made a lot of decent passes yet defensively could do a little better.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 am

Witts not at his best but kept working and kept taking up key positions all game.
With his shooting boots he could have had 3 easy.