Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THOUGHT ALI WAS BANG ON TODAY

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:42 pm

The Trooper wrote:I didn't say his use of the welsh language was cringe worthy, I said he was !

At one point I thought I was at a children's pantomine not a football match, that's what made me cringe !

I need no reminding of where I live, but there is no need to use the welsh language at CCS ! If 1% of the crowd are fluent in it, that would be it !

The other 99% have to endure it !

Unfortunately I can't f*ck off as you put it, because unlike yourself I will still be at the CCS, when you have f*cked off believing the dream is over !

Some of us have been going since 1973, seen relegations and promotions more than we would care too, been there when the City had their lowest league attendance, shit attendances in the Welsh and FAW cups, been to shitty non-league grounds in the FA Cup, shitty grounds for pre-season friendlies etc and will still be there long after Ali and his welsh announcements !

firstly GET A LIFE!!would u prefer us to be a club like coventry leicester reading. have a plastic bowl with no idenity ? at least with the welsh it makes us different to them other clubs. so just because you have been going since 73 does that make you more of a fan than me who has been going since 99? i dont think so somehow. you really seem like a prize tool fair play to you

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm

just to add to it i a have started taking welsh lessons, i am very proud of my identity and speaking my native language will be the icing on the cake :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cymru am byth :old:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Why should Ali be slated for showing that he wanted to get the crowd going and make a hostile atmosphere for our biggest game of the season? Thought he done a great job and would like to see him do it next year as well

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 pm

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:13 pm

stickywicket wrote:i wish he'd shut the f**k up.and drop the men of herlech bit.
if anything it gees up the opposition .
he really is a prat.

Are you for real ???????? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

He's the greatest tannoy announcer, the world has ever seen.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 pm

I'd be quite interested to see others efforts to get a stadium like our going, the way the atmosphere has been. It's all well and good giving it the big 'un and say do this dont do that but the guy is trying and believe i have worked in entertainment a long time and it is not easy to get a crowd going and he is doing what he can within his means.

As regards to the Welshness i think it is absolutely disguisting to suggest ditching everything and being so anti-welsh about it, it is disappointing it takes someone from an opposing, English team to hit it on the head. As others have said, you are more than welcome to follow the brizzle etc down the round if you fancy the extra few minute trip to save your ears. Emabarassing really, and its a wonder why our language is dying!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Fair play he was really good last saturday, I particularly liked the way he got the Ayatollah going...

http://youtu.be/R_WK7SgKgNE :lol: