Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

According To MediaWales Todays Man Of The Match

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Was Steve McPhail :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28572335/

STEPHEN McPHAIL: Often pigeon-holed as a pass-master alone but stepped up to the plate to meet the tempo and the tenacity of the contest. Didn't stop running and key to creativity. 9

Did this guy watch a different match to me :? :? :? :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: According To MediaWales Todays Man Of The Match

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 pm

The man is f**king pissed. :shock: :shock:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:23 pm

I totally agree with the decision. I thought Mcphail was outstanding today.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Frantic wrote:I totally agree with the decision. I thought Mcphail was outstanding today.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm

castleblue wrote:
Frantic wrote:I totally agree with the decision. I thought Mcphail was outstanding today.

It seems that a number of people on this board seem to disagree with me also. I thought he ran midfield in the first half, he was strong, challenged for everything, won most things and ran his feet into the ground. However, towards the end of the second half he ran out of steam.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Motm for me was Bellamy or maybe even Paddy Kenny.

We couldn't contain Bellamy at all & when we finally did in his last 20 mins on the field it also stopped you playing totally & was no coincedence that it was also our strongest period of the game.

Mcfail was weak imo & his passing was wayward to say the least (bit like many of our players today)

Bellamy for me. Makes you tick.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Motm for me was Bellamy or maybe even Paddy Kenny.

We couldn't contain Bellamy at all & when we finally did in his last 20 mins on the field it also stopped you playing totally & was no coincedence that it was also our strongest period of the game.

Mcfail was weak imo & his passing was wayward to say the least (bit like many of our players today)

Stan these are just the local journos marking the home team but I would agree with you the 2 stand out performances today were Bellamy & Kenny.

I think a few heads went down when Kenny saved from Bellamy when the game was 2-2 that was a heart breaker for us but having said that I'm not disappointed with the performance today just the result.

But lets face it we gave the best team in the League a going over for 70 minutes and if we can keep playing like that we may still be with you next season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:43 pm

You were much better on the day if any QPR fan was honest they would agree.

You missed a few very good chances with, Bellamy, Whittingham & & Oli free header 6 yards out & we took the 2 chances we got.

Its sods law but of course that's football.

If you played like you did all season you'd of walked this league.

And I know you don't want to hear it but I'll just say IF it turns out you end up in the play offs you will be mighty confident if you can maintain your current form. Don't think anyone could match you tbh not even Reading.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:You were much better on the day if any QPR fan was honest they would agree.

You missed a few very good chances with, Bellamy, Whittingham & & Oli free header 6 yards out & we took the 2 chances we got.

And I know you don't want to hear it but I'll just say IF it turns out you end up in the play offs you will be mighty confident if you can maintain your current form. Don't think anyone could match you tbh not even Reading.

Just out of interest Stan what did you make of our new stadium lots of us feel it lacks the intimidation factor that NP had, I don't think that was the case today as both sets of fans helped make a great occasion.

Would like to know what you think of the stadium though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Frantic wrote:
castleblue wrote:

It seems that a number of people on this board seem to disagree with me also. I thought he ran midfield in the first half, he was strong, challenged for everything, won most things and ran his feet into the ground. However, towards the end of the second half he ran out of steam.

Sorry mate, but I hope he's gone in the summer. Do'nt rate him one iota.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:59 pm

I thought McPhail was Man of the Match too. I have criticised him in the past - but he got stuck in today and broke up their play plenty of times. Good effort.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Mental , absolutely mental! Yes he worked hard but he constantly gave the ball away! Bellamy was head and shoulders mom! Embarrassing decision!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:05 pm

castleblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:You were much better on the day if any QPR fan was honest they would agree.

Just out of interest Stan what did you make of our new stadium lots of us feel it lacks the intimidation factor that NP had, I don't think that was the case today as both sets of fans helped make a great occasion.

Would like to know what you think of the stadium though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cracking stadium mate. I'd read a lot about the supposed lack of atmosphere but I'd hope today put that to bed, its not about the stadium but the fans inside it.

Saying that I'd been to Ninian on quite a few occasions & was one of the only grounds I'd feel intimidated at & also felt it always gave your players a lift. Don't think the CCS quite has that affect as yet but as I say all in all I was well impressed.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:28 pm

My MOM too !

Thought he worked tirelessly, put in some solid tackles and put in some smart passes !

Yes, Bellamy played well too, but for me McPhail edged it !

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:35 pm

I think Jay or Bellers were just ahead of Mcphail who although wasn't at his very best with his passing he worked his socks off, his closing down was immense ad he dint let one player settle all game - a very good performance.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

routlidge is a c***nt

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:routlidge is a c***nt

A c*nt who set up our equaliser :D

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Unbelivable! McPhail was below average at best. Completely baffles me what game some watch. He gave the ball away too often

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:routlidge is a c***nt

A c*nt who set up our equaliser :D

yes indeed why i try and say the c word :lol:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Football is a game of opinions and thats why we all love it but everyone who i spoke to thought McPhail worked hard but his quality on the ball was poor! He was nowhere near MOM!!!! Bellamy should have won it but Paul Quinn was excellent as well! He's been like a new player since he came back into the side! Love the bloke!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:15 am

Wales on Sunday's MOM .............................. Steve Macphail

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 am

Agree but i would have give mom to paul quinn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

interesting that no one has mentioned olly on this board

because he was worse than mcphail yesterday, much worse

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:23 am

McPhail's passing was off but he offered so much more and won so much possession from just sheer battling and hassling. Not man of the match but certainly nowhere near deserving the criticism he's getting purely because one or two passes went astray in a midfield we were outnumbered in. They had five in the middle, we had four... and we still bossed them in the middle of the park.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:53 am

Mcphail was pretty decent, jls had a pretty decent game too, my MOM had to be quinn or bellamy

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:38 am

I watched the game again this morning and in fairness Steve McPhail played better than I gave him credit for but it was not a man of the match performance. His distribution throughout the game, when trying to pass the ball forward, was very very poor sideways and backwards was OK.

He did put in a lot of effort breaking up QPR play and he work very hard in that respect but MOM no, Bellamy was the stand out performer with Quinn, MacNaughton, Keinan, Burke and Olafinjana also putting in good shifts. Olafinjana again surprised me he covered a lot of ground and had 3 good chances to score but lacked composure when well placed, the free header from about 8 yards out just before halftime was a good example.

Despite a fantastic goal and overall a very hardworking performance Jat let himself down and the team by allowing a QPR defender all the time in the world to bring the ball away from their penalty area in the 70th minute and one pass to Routledge followed by a pass to Taarabt and less the 10 seconds later it's 2-2. Jay could have should have challenged the guy 80 yards from our goal and he didn't.

You simply couldn't imagine any QPR player giving our players that much space and time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Motm for me was Bellamy or maybe even Paddy Kenny.

Aaaaaaaaah, why are you calling him 'Mcfail' ?! Hard man :roll:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 pm

OK you can stop kissing everyone's arse now. Only an idiot would think we'd walk the play-offs !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Frantic wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Agree, at least someone has a sensible view :roll:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 pm

i thought mcphail played well but for me quinny knicked the MOM,ive been so impressed by this lad since he came back into our side and hopefully ill get to shake him by the hand and say how much i appreciate his outstanding efforts for our side which sometimes goes without appreciation

stan i agree with you that bellers makes us tick and also id fancy us to beat any team in the playoffs if we have to go down taht route

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:25 pm

castleblue wrote:I watched the game again this morning and in fairness Steve McPhail played better than I gave him credit for but it was not a man of the match performance. His distribution throughout the game, when trying to pass the ball forward, was very very poor sideways and backwards was OK.

He did put in a lot of effort breaking up QPR play and he work very hard in that respect but MOM no, Bellamy was the stand out performer with Quinn, MacNaughton, Keinan, Burke and Olafinjana also putting in good shifts. Olafinjana again surprised me he covered a lot of ground and had 3 good chances to score but lacked composure when well placed, the free header from about 8 yards out just before halftime was a good example.

Despite a fantastic goal and overall a very hardworking performance Jat let himself down and the team by allowing a QPR defender all the time in the world to bring the ball away from their penalty area in the 70th minute and one pass to Routledge followed by a pass to Taarabt and less the 10 seconds later it's 2-2. Jay could have should have challenged the guy 80 yards from our goal and he didn't.

You simply couldn't imagine any QPR player giving our players that much space and time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McNaughton ? He was poorer than usual, his distribution was certainly questionable, and should've done much better for their 2nd.

And don't kid yourself, a number of QPR players gave our players so much space we completely dominated the first half and parts of the second !