Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: According To MediaWales Todays Man Of The Match

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
castleblue wrote:I watched the game again this morning and in fairness Steve McPhail played better than I gave him credit for but it was not a man of the match performance. His distribution throughout the game, when trying to pass the ball forward, was very very poor sideways and backwards was OK.

He did put in a lot of effort breaking up QPR play and he work very hard in that respect but MOM no, Bellamy was the stand out performer with Quinn, MacNaughton, Keinan, Burke and Olafinjana also putting in good shifts. Olafinjana again surprised me he covered a lot of ground and had 3 good chances to score but lacked composure when well placed, the free header from about 8 yards out just before halftime was a good example.

Despite a fantastic goal and overall a very hardworking performance Jat let himself down and the team by allowing a QPR defender all the time in the world to bring the ball away from their penalty area in the 70th minute and one pass to Routledge followed by a pass to Taarabt and less the 10 seconds later it's 2-2. Jay could have should have challenged the guy 80 yards from our goal and he didn't.

You simply couldn't imagine any QPR player giving our players that much space and time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McNaughton ? He was poorer than usual, his distribution was certainly questionable, and should've done much better for their 2nd.

And don't kid yourself, a number of QPR players gave our players so much space we completely dominated the first half and parts of the second !

I'm not kidding myself if you have a recording of the game look at the incident leading to their 2nd goal Jay gave the guy the freedom of the park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Fair enough, but you've got to say that QPR did give our players a lot of room at times - I thought that their defending was poor at times, especially the centre-halves Gorkss and Connolly !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 pm

i thought he was the worst player in a blue shirt today

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Fair enough, but you've got to say that QPR did give our players a lot of room at times - I thought that their defending was poor at times, especially the centre-halves Gorkss and Connolly !

I accept that they were both given the run around by Bellamy and Bothroyd and Craig in particular never gave them a moment on the ball.

Only my opinion but Jay just let himself and the team down :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:14 pm

castleblue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Fair enough, but you've got to say that QPR did give our players a lot of room at times - I thought that their defending was poor at times, especially the centre-halves Gorkss and Connolly !

I accept that they were both given the run around by Bellamy and Bothroyd and Craig in particular never gave them a moment on the ball.

Only my opinion but Jay just let himself and the team down :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

McNaughton still should've done better really, probably could've won the header.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:15 pm

even though i would personally prefer Koumas in the team over McPhail, thats not because ive got anything against McPhail, i just believe that given a proper run in the side, Koumas would be the exact type of player we're lacking at the moment, a bit of creativity from the centre like we had with Ramsey

that said, i thought McPhail's work rate was outstanding yesterday, he was constantly getting tight to QPRs midfield and nicking the ball away from them, and breaking up their attacks
his passing wasnt quite up to its usual standard though

my man of the match would have been between Quinn, Keinan and Bellamy

also, i do just think we cant really afford to have a centre midfielder in the team who hasnt scored since a game against Hull back in Ninian Park yearsssss ago now

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:21 pm

castleblue wrote:

Come on mate, Jay slogged his guts out yesterday and scored a wonder goal, he didn't let anyone down! If anyone didn't pull their weight yesterday it was JET! He was dreadful when he came on and didn't help out Quinn like Burke had been doing

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:routlidge is a c***nt

A c*nt who set up our equaliser :D

we`d just been abusing him 2 mins earlier too! ... sods law that! .... outstanding player!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 pm

McPhail was superb yesterday, I put him down for man of the match too but in all fairness there were several candidates for that. Some people even though Bothroyd was rubbish yesterday, I swear some fans know f**k all about football.

JET may as well have sat next to me. f**k off back Arsenal please if you are going to put that little effort in.