Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i think d.j could have made changes a bit earier

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:44 pm

specifically with regard to jay,after 60 mins jay was a player who had run out of gas,and that was the time to take him off,im not saying that the result would be any different,but its something that d.j doesnt react to quick enough :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: i think d.j could have made changes a bit earier

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm

he took, bellamy off on 87min, didnt give chopra enough time to do anything, at least give him 10 to 15 min :roll:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I can understand why he put Chopra on for the amount of time that he did, coming back from quite a bad injury he's got to be broken back into physical activity slowly. But on the other hand, when he came on he did look fresh and ready for the. I think he should have a half at Preston or maybe 70mins ish.

:ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah, didn't see the point in taking Bellamy off at that stage - if we were going for it then I'd have taken off Oli, McPhail or one of the defenders.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 pm

who would you have brought on for Jay? You cant play Chops with Bellers and as we all saw when JET came on, he is garbage!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

ninianblue wrote:he took, bellamy off on 87min, didnt give chopra enough time to do anything, at least give him 10 to 15 min :roll:

totally agree ninian chopra had absolutely NO time to have an impact.I am certain he would have scored because he just looked so up for it.87th minute bollocks that's too late. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 pm

troobloo wrote:
ninianblue wrote:he took, bellamy off on 87min, didnt give chopra enough time to do anything, at least give him 10 to 15 min :roll:

totally agree ninian chopra had absolutely NO time to have an impact.I am certain he would have scored because he just looked so up for it.87th minute bollocks that's too late. :ayatollah:

Agree with you both,could have put Bellers wide for Burkey and Chops with JAY up front.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 am

Nonsense, why change a team totally in control?
If anything wouldn't have made a change.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:43 am

Jay should have come of just after half time and should have give chops some game time not 3 mins plus should have took whitts off at half time

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 am

2blue2handle wrote:Nonsense, why change a team totally in control?

Hot day, QPR took more control as the game went on - we had a number of players out on their feet.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:33 pm

nerd wrote:

Hot day, QPR took more control as the game went on - we had a number of players out on their feet.

totally agree,we were out of gas,warnock brought on fresh legs,jonesy waited :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm

krab wrote:
nerd wrote:

totally agree,we were out of gas,warnock brought on fresh legs,jonesy waited :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He dithered, not for the first time this season.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Jones at his worse yet again. Whittingham made no contribution to the game whatsoever yesterday and was clear by half time his confidence had gone and wasnt going to get any better. What does he do? Take Burke off for Jet! A straight swap with Whitts would have been the right decision. I agree with Chops having a run out, but a couple of minutes? Pathetic at best, although i would say no more than 15 mins would have been the right decision. And if, as I am told, Burke was struggling at that point, chops could have just filled that hole on the right, as he could have held it perfectly as only being involved in the game for chops was suffice.
Never mind, Preston here we come and we move on. Come on the City :ayatollah: