Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones Sharp Exit Yesterday

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 am

Surprised to see yesterday that Jones 'shot' off after the final whistle yesterday whilst NW stayed on to shake every Cardiff players hand. Read what you will in to it, but I think he was ungracious to the players and us the fans in doing that.

That said I really dont like the man, nothing is EVER his fault.

Re: Jones Sharp Exit Yesterday

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:17 am

His attitude in the interview was shocking, when he was asked about citys chance now & then being 3rd,he said his normal reply listen, you guys here, he is always blaming other people! I think he should be fined by the club for his attitude, take some responsibility Jones FFS! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 am

Mogs wrote:His attitude in the interview was shocking, when he was asked about citys chance now & then being 3rd,he said his normal reply listen, you guys here, he is always blaming other people! I think he should be fined by the club for his attitude, take some responsibility Jones FFS! :ayatollah:

Smarmy, sarcastic, big head

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13177477.stm

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:51 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
Mogs wrote:His attitude in the interview was shocking, when he was asked about citys chance now & then being 3rd,he said his normal reply listen, you guys here, he is always blaming other people! I think he should be fined by the club for his attitude, take some responsibility Jones FFS! :ayatollah:

Sorry but I see nothing wrong with that interview whatsoever, he is saying it as it is.

When he said "you lot in this part of the world", he clearly stated, this time, he was talking about the media ( rightly or wrongly ), before some claim he was downing us the fans again.

Then finally Jason Mohammed asks " Where does this leave your promotion push Dave? "

What would one expect him to reply " Oh it is over we are a point off 2nd with 9 points to play for but we definitely will not catch Norwich so we will start resting players now for the play offs ", sorry for sarcasm but really what did he say wrong ?

Come on people let us stick together and fight together. Back everyone and don't let anyone get one of ours down, we are family. We are brothers, We are United. We WILL do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 am

I like him as a manager but he does try my patience with his man management and attitude to the press and fans.

He uses words in interviews that antagonise and give the impression that he is always right. The missus, who studies this stuff, said when you watch him talk he quite often starts to answer a question with the word 'listen'. It's supposedly a classic sign of someone who is opinionated and thinks that his thoughts are above all others.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:04 am

carlccfc wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Sorry but I see nothing wrong with that interview whatsoever, he is saying it as it is.

When he said "you lot in this part of the world", he clearly stated, this time, he was talking about the media ( rightly or wrongly ), before some claim he was downing us the fans again.

Then finally Jason Mohammed asks " Where does this leave your promotion push Dave? "

What would one expect him to reply " Oh it is over we are a point off 2nd with 9 points to play for but we definitely will not catch Norwich so we will start resting players now for the play offs ", sorry for sarcasm but really what did he say wrong ?

Come on people let us stick together and fight together. Back everyone and don't let anyone get one of ours down, we are family. We are brothers, We are United. We WILL do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl you cannot defend the manager walking straight down the tunnel after the match. He ignored the players on the pitch,Warnock and his coaching staff and most importantly the fans.I applaud you for yet again putting out the rallying cry "Lets all stick together " but this call for complete unity surely must firstly and most importantly include the manager.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:13 am

I am absolutely not one of DJ greatest fans but I have to say I have watched the game this morning and he absolutely went to NW to shake his hand at the end of the game and to every member of his backroom staff as well. He also raised his hands above his head and clapped which was obviously a gesture intended for the fans.

I hate him going on about "People In This Part Of The World" as I have always thought he was having a go at the fans but yesterday he said I'm not talking about the fans I'm talking about you lot in the media. He only said good positive things about the fans and the support they gave the team so on this occasion I agree with Carl there was absolutely nothing wrong with his interview.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Sorry but I see nothing wrong with that interview whatsoever, he is saying it as it is.

Carl you cannot defend the manager walking straight down the tunnel after the match. He ignored the players on the pitch,Warnock and his coaching staff and most importantly the fans.I applaud you for yet again putting out the rallying cry "Lets all stick together " but this call for complete unity surely must firstly and most importantly include the manager.

Firstly I was talking about the interview and there was nothing wrong in what he said.

Secondly DJ congratulated the QPR coaching staff and applauded our fans before walking down the tunnel, like he does every week.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:21 am

I have disliked some of Dave Jones's interviews as much as anyone (particularly the one the other week when he bragged about how much experience he has and how he seems to think that is immediately sychronised with ability). However, I was pleased he said 'you lot' and then pointed out he was on about the media.

The bottom line is that Dave Jones isn't a people person. I can't say whether I agree with that or not because I haven't been through what he went through but he doesn't help himself at times. Saying that, I don't think he did anything overtly wrong yesterday and suggesting so is just fine picking at stuff.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:36 am

why would he be on the pitch clapping all the fans and shaking all the hands of the players ? we haven't achieved anything yet ( oh yes we are defo in play offs!) and I would guess he felt like all of us =gutted that we only got a draw !

let's stop whinging and bitching - we have all summer for that !! right now we need to support the manager and the players regardless who is in charge and who plays!

if after the next 3 games we have to go in to the play offs we can't afford to be feeling sorry for ourselves that goes for us the fans and the players

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:53 am

Here we go, lets start slating DJ again because we didnt get our 3 pts :(

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:55 am

1. Why would he shake their hands as they walk off? He is going to see them in the changing room, plus their job isn't done. Warnock did it because that will be the only time for him to do so.

2. Whatever you think or others think, the players are fully behind DJ, just look at their reactions when there are rumours of him losing his job, they can't believe it!

3. His interview was fine, in my opinion he answered very well, he said that the expectation levels are put on the players by the media and that it doesn't help, but they have 3 games left and will do everything to win, basically thats what he said, so what is wrong with that?

4. If nothing is ever his fault, then why when asked about Dekel Keinans penalty shout did DJ say it was a penalty but he can't complain about that they just have to get on with it? Surely it would have been an ideal subject for DJ to put the blame on, but no he didn't.

5. Get behind him, get behind the team!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:39 am

jones is buisness first he always has been,its really sweet that paul lambert does a lap of honour at carrow road every game but its clear jones wants his players in the dressing room to immediatley prepare for the next game especially with the fixtures coming thick and fast,there was about 42 threads about the players not applauding the fans at donny(which they did by the way) but look how well drilled and prepared we were at sheffield on the tuesday

im 100% backing jones till the end of the season,let the pleasentries between everyone start when we clinch promotion

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 am

You Dave Jones haters really make me sick . You only see and only hear what you want to see and hear. Just wish you would piss off and watch some other club. Everything he said yesterday was spot on and he said on several occasions that the fans were superb .

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I love his interviews, says what he thinks

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Come on people let us stick together and fight together. Back everyone and don't let anyone get one of our down, we are family. We are brothers, We are United. We WILL do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree Carl, that Jason tw*t is so full of himself, what an idiot !

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:You Dave Jones haters really make me sick . You only see and only hear what you want to see and hear. Just wish you would piss off and watch some other club. Everything he said yesterday was spot on and he said on several occasions that the fans were superb .

Really think you need to calm down. Anyone can say it, it is showing it that is important.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 pm

You need to get off his balls and let him do his job.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:You Dave Jones haters really make me sick . You only see and only hear what you want to see and hear. Just wish you would piss off and watch some other club. Everything he said yesterday was spot on and he said on several occasions that the fans were superb .

Really think you need to calm down. Anyone can say it, it is showing it that is important.

With all due respect what you have just said is absolute rubbish!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

With all due respect what you have just said is absolute rubbish!

In your opinion.

When DJ previously stated to the media he'd never fallen out with a player, did you believe that?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:46 pm

For large parts of this season DJs comments, demeanor and tactics have been poor but I really don't think he did anything wrong yesterday! The last few weeks he has been spot on and we are playing really well and the squad is behind him! Now is not the time to be picking at every little thing but to unite!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:00 pm

What a horrible club were turning into you would thineople dont want us to go up we just drew with the leaders of the table and maybe should have won yet youstill slag off the manager and othrr fans i its not the atmosphere its the mabager if its not the manager its the players or a player i havnt seen anyone slating mcnaughton after the goal yester but garunteed i that was someone else he wouldve been torn to shreads some people take what we have for granted yes i agree jones is a tw*t and some players need an attitude adjustment but there OUR players were 1 point behing let get bwhind them not slag em off because were all bored on a sunday afternoon

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:03 pm

nobody would have said anything about him heading down the tunnel pretty quickly if we'd have won would they... who cares! get a grip.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:03 pm

People are behind them.

Next false argument to establish you're a "greater" fan than anyone else?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Never been a DJ fan myself but dont you just wish even the Pro DJ fans here that he would do what Colin Wanker did after the final whistle ? Just fecking once. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:20 pm

This is pathetic, why some of you care so much whether a grown man claps in your general direction is beyond me, almost as sad as people getting wound up over other people leaving when they choose to......i think some need to grow up and realise we are not as important as we like to think

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:This is pathetic, why some of you care so much whether a grown man claps in your general direction is beyond me, almost as sad as people getting wound up over other people leaving when they choose to......i think some need to grow up and realise we are not as important as we like to think

Yes we are Chief!! Only you are NOT