Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOUR HONEST OPINIONS...

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:08 pm

...after yesterday's result where do you think we will finish.

My heart obviously says 2nd but my head is thinking 3rd.

Cmon City prove me wrong!

Re: YOUR HONEST OPINIONS...

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I honestly think our destiny this season is to play the JBs at Wembley in the Play Off Final and make all our dreams come true by winning. What a fantastic day that would be! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:28 pm

If we can maintain the intensity of the performance yesterday I think we will win all 3 remaining games whilst I think either Derby or Portsmouth will get a draw against Norwich.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm

I really believe we will finish second, we will beat Preston tomorrow, and i've got this feeling that Norwich will only get a draw against Derby, and then its back in our own hands again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:15 pm

One game at a time. Tomorrows game at Preston is going to be tough, very tough.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:21 pm

yep very tough preston are fighting for there lives if we can get the first goal preston heads may drop :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I was talking with a mate last night and said that Boro would be our last home game this season, he pointed to the play offs and I said that I obviously just inadvertently predicted a top two finish. :ayatollah:

So we win at Preston, Norwich draw with Derby as the Rams still need a point to survive for sure. Reading also draw as Sheff U are in last chance saloon.

Next weekend Reading win at Coventry to get themselves within two points of us, but on Monday we beat Boro to move 5 points clear and out of Readings reach.

We then sit on 82 points with Norwich four points behind on 78 points. Norwich then go to Portsmouth knowing they need a win or be at least three points behind with one game left and a worse goal difference. HOWEVER the pressure will tell and Portsmouth will beat them and see them out of touching distance.

Promoted at 09:45pm on Monday 2nd May 2011 with a game in hand.

QUESTIONS - Firstly do my maths add up and secondly am I mad?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 pm

After the performances of recent weeks, im confident that we WILL go up automatically. Best display of the season yesterday and if we produce that for the remaining games we will do it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I stll think 2nd.

Tomorrow will be difficult but we seem to be preparing well by flying etc and have had 4 more hours to recover while they've had a long drive back from London on the back of a skelping and look doomed.

If we can score first I think we'll win comfortably and get the goal difference up. I'd rather have our run in than the rest to be honest and I certainly wouldn't fancy a trip to Pompey looking for three points at any stage of the season.

We know we need to get wins, it's out of our hands for now.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:11 pm

I still maintain that Burnley will be our toughest game!

they are fighting for a play off spot and have had a couple of good results lately too.....

It will go down to the wire! (Nail biting!!!)

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 pm

I still think 2nd...

Im very confident that Norwich will drop points, I just hope we can win our 3 remaining games

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Every year at this time of the season, if we are in with a chance of promotion, I try and predict the last 7 games. So far, this season, I have accurately predicted the City games including yesterdays draw with QPR. I also do the same with all of the top 12 teams in the Championship with a view to try and predict whether we will achieve our promotion goal. Up until this week we were on course to go up in the number 2 spot. However this week a spanner was thrown in the works – namely Norwich thrashing Ipswich.
I had predicted that, as it was a local Derby, and as Ipswich had recently turned in a few decent results, that the game would end in a draw. If that had happened then CCFC would still be on course for automatic promotion. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen and it threw out all of my predictions.
So as it now stands, Norwich has the upper hand. I think that both Norwich and City will take 7 points from the remaining possible 9 points. I have Norwich drawing at Portsmouth and City drawing at Burnley with both teams winning the other two. Looking at the current form then this scenario is highly likely. This would mean that we will be in the Playoffs again. However, City can do themselves a BIG favour by taking all 9 points and securing a win at Burnley. We still can put Norwich under enough pressure so that they HAVE to win every game.
Living in the States, I only get to watch games on the television but I do get to see quite a number each week. Looking at most of the teams around us, I only see Reading as a potential hurdle in the playoffs. However, having just finished watching yesterday’s match, I doubt whether too many teams can match our ability. IMO we played QPR off the park for most of the match (agree entirely with Dave Jones on this one). Bellamy was OUTSTANDING yesterday and seems to be coming good at just the right time.
I don’t think that we can count on QPR having points deducted and thus I see them going up as champions. The other spot is still open for us to take.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 pm

BLUEUSA wrote:Every year at this time of the season, if we are in with a chance of promotion, I try and predict the last 7 games. So far, this season, I have accurately predicted the City games including yesterdays draw with QPR. I also do the same with all of the top 12 teams in the Championship with a view to try and predict whether we will achieve our promotion goal. Up until this week we were on course to go up in the number 2 spot. However this week a spanner was thrown in the works – namely Norwich thrashing Ipswich.
I had predicted that, as it was a local Derby, and as Ipswich had recently turned in a few decent results, that the game would end in a draw. If that had happened then CCFC would still be on course for automatic promotion. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen and it threw out all of my predictions.
So as it now stands, Norwich has the upper hand. I think that both Norwich and City will take 7 points from the remaining possible 9 points. I have Norwich drawing at Portsmouth and City drawing at Burnley with both teams winning the other two. Looking at the current form then this scenario is highly likely. This would mean that we will be in the Playoffs again. However, City can do themselves a BIG favour by taking all 9 points and securing a win at Burnley. We still can put Norwich under enough pressure so that they HAVE to win every game.
Living in the States, I only get to watch games on the television but I do get to see quite a number each week. Looking at most of the teams around us, I only see Reading as a potential hurdle in the playoffs. However, having just finished watching yesterday’s match, I doubt whether too many teams can match our ability. IMO we played QPR off the park for most of the match (agree entirely with Dave Jones on this one). Bellamy was OUTSTANDING yesterday and seems to be coming good at just the right time.
I don’t think that we can count on QPR having points deducted and thus I see them going up as champions. The other spot is still open for us to take.

Good first post, good read although I do think QPR will have points deducted.
Welcome to nut job central! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:03 pm

dont want to put a downer on everyone who thinks we are gonna finish second because of the way we have been performing lately. but dont you think that norwhich and reading have been performing outstanding to? whoever finishes second this season deserves it. will norwhich slip up? will we win our remaining games? will reading sneak in the back door? will qpr have a points deduction? who knows. just have to take it one game at a time. all we can do is keep supporting the boys and what ever will be will be.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:23 pm

BLUEUSA wrote:I think that both Norwich and City will take 7 points from the remaining possible 9 points. I have Norwich drawing at Portsmouth and City drawing at Burnley with both teams winning the other two. Looking at the current form then this scenario is highly likely. This would mean that we will be in the Playoffs again. However, City can do themselves a BIG favour by taking all 9 points and securing a win at Burnley.

I agree that we could both take 7 points from the last three games but you may have missed the slight advantage the City will have. If you think Norwich will draw with Pompey this will mean that come the last game of the season WE will be in 2nd. I would hope that as we would be in the driving seat the team would then not fail.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 pm

we will finish second :ayatollah: Norwich are only human and will drop at least 2 points.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm

2nd, we do better chasing than holding 2nd spot :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 am

Wayne S wrote:I was talking with a mate last night and said that Boro would be our last home game this season, he pointed to the play offs and I said that I obviously just inadvertently predicted a top two finish. :ayatollah:

So we win at Preston, Norwich draw with Derby as the Rams still need a point to survive for sure. Reading also draw as Sheff U are in last chance saloon.

Next weekend Reading win at Coventry to get themselves within two points of us, but on Monday we beat Boro to move 5 points clear and out of Readings reach.

We then sit on 82 points with Norwich four points behind on 78 points. Norwich then go to Portsmouth knowing they need a win or be at least three points behind with one game left and a worse goal difference. HOWEVER the pressure will tell and Portsmouth will beat them and see them out of touching distance.

Promoted at 09:45pm on Monday 2nd May 2011 with a game in hand.
HOPE UR RIGHT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

QUESTIONS - Firstly do my maths add up and secondly am I mad?