Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES IS A TOP MANAGER

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 pm

after being a member of this excellent forum for a few months id like to express my opinion of Dave Jones and the job hes done at Cardiff

Look at the start of the season.The threat of administration was hanging over us,one of our top players Joe ledley had left us for a few extra quid and our other top lads like chops were comtemplating moving on if city didnt show any ambition.Of course also we had the terrible disappointment of falling at the final hurdle against Blackpool with most of that squad thankfully staying with us.
Dave Jones set about picking up a squad that had been emotionally destroyed and brought in additional excellnt signings like Oli who may have not come without links to DJ,Heaton whos been outstanding,of course a certain Mr Bellamy and later on the rock that is dekel keinan for relative peanuts.Ok Koumas aside from one game has been out of sorts,JET has blown hot and cold and Naylor has been dreadful but Jones has filled the gaps and we once again have a top team that is so close to the premiership.
Does DJ fail to motivate the players? i dont see this,weve come good at the buisness end of the season aand an unhappy and under motivated cardiff city side would not go to the liberty stadium and outplay Swansea like we did.
Jones is a buisness first manager,he will not do a lap of honour like Paul Lambert or behave like Ian Holloway,he prefers to get himself and his players into the dressing room to analyse the match and see wjhat went right and wrong.
Jones is not faultless,weve had dips in form and strange tactical decisions which sometimes clearly havent worked but hes done a damn fine job and hope we get to the premiership and Jones gets the plaudits h deserves for everyting hes done for our club.

after living in caerphilly for two years ,this is the first year ive properly followed cardiff city only missed 4 games home and away :D and its been an absolute pleasure being around excellent fans and ridind the emotional rollercoaste that is cardiff city fc we all deserve premiership football next season,see you at preston :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DAVE JONES IS A TOP MANAGER

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Could'nt agree more!
City are massive and will always be - Prem or not. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:53 pm

At last someone on here who talks sense. I have said before that all these Dave Jones haters will only realise how good he is once they have driven him out (only then will they be happy. When we are constantly sacking managers and replacing them with someone no better and struggling in the divisions will these people realise how good he is. They should be careful what they wish for.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:57 pm

englishbluebird wrote:after being a member of this excellent forum for a few months id like to express my opinion of Dave Jones and the job hes done at Cardiff

Look at the start of the season.The threat of administration was hanging over us,one of our top players Joe ledley had left us for a few extra quid and our other top lads like chops were comtemplating moving on if city didnt show any ambition.Of course also we had the terrible disappointment of falling at the final hurdle against Blackpool with most of that squad thankfully staying with us.
Dave Jones set about picking up a squad that had been emotionally destroyed and brought in additional excellnt signings like Oli who may have not come without links to DJ,Heaton whos been outstanding,of course a certain Mr Bellamy and later on the rock that is dekel keinan for relative peanuts.Ok Koumas aside from one game has been out of sorts,JET has blown hot and cold and Naylor has been dreadful but Jones has filled the gaps and we once again have a top team that is so close to the premiership.
Does DJ fail to motivate the players? i dont see this,weve come good at the buisness end of the season aand an unhappy and under motivated cardiff city side would not go to the liberty stadium and outplay Swansea like we did.
Jones is a buisness first manager,he will not do a lap of honour like Paul Lambert or behave like Ian Holloway,he prefers to get himself and his players into the dressing room to analyse the match and see wjhat went right and wrong.
Jones is not faultless,weve had dips in form and strange tactical decisions which sometimes clearly havent worked but hes done a damn fine job and hope we get to the premiership and Jones gets the plaudits h deserves for everyting hes done for our club.

after living in caerphilly for two years ,this is the first year ive properly followed cardiff city only missed 4 games home and away :D and its been an absolute pleasure being around excellent fans and ridind the emotional rollercoaste that is cardiff city fc we all deserve premiership football next season,see you at preston :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great post :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Jones is a good manager. He gets us there or thereabouts.

For all your snide comments at other members here, the fact remains there's little interest in Jones when Prem vacancies become available. I'd suggest maybe Prem chairmen may know a bit more than you, hmmm?

And do you seriously believe Dj will be driven out by fans? Seriously? I'm sure he'll willingly resign, leaving behind the large wages he'll not get elsewhere due to those pesky fans...

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Booing and calling for him to go which usually happens following a couple of bad results usually eventually ends in the directors taking the easy way out and blame the manager to appease the supporters. So yes a manager can be forced out. I stick by everything I said.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm

nerd wrote:Jones is a good manager. He gets us there or thereabouts.

For all your snide comments at other members here, the fact remains there's little interest in Jones when Prem vacancies become available. I'd suggest maybe Prem chairmen may know a bit more than you, hmmm?

And do you seriously believe Dj will be driven out by fans? Seriously? I'm sure he'll willingly resign, leaving behind the large wages he'll not get elsewhere due to those pesky fans...

Dave Jones IS a GOOD manager and a number of Premiership clubs have enquired about his availability in recent years only to be diswayed by his (agreeably) not inconsiderable wages....

Personally, I hope he stays whichever division we are in next season, as I'd rather be challenging for the top WITH CONTINUOUS YEAR ON YEAR IMPROVEMENT than I would taking a chance on someone else just to appease a bunch of ungrateful so-called supporters who cannot remember back a few very short years to where we were....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry, but who the f**k do you think you are to label people as 'so-called' supporters because they rightfully hold a view that they can back up with evidence?

The owner of this website would fall into this category, along with many, many others who post on here and provide measured, reasonable arguments to support their views. Are they 'so called fans'?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:39 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Sorry, but who the f**k do you think you are to label people as 'so-called' supporters because they rightfully hold a view that they can back up with evidence?

The owner of this website would fall into this category, along with many, many others who post on here and provide measured, reasonable arguments to support their views. Are they 'so called fans'?

I most certainly DO NOT include Annis in this category and I do not appreciate the inference. HE (Annis) has personal experience of the man and for his own reasons (and NOT those derived purely from 'others' postings on this MB) has decided that in HIS opinion DJ is NOT the man to lead Cardiff City Football Club to the Premiership. I respect that even if I don't agree with ALL of it....

In all fairness to him, Annis is the FIRST to praise DJ when he gets it right....

Unfortunately, there are many on here that arrive at their conclusions that DJ is a 'bad manager' without any real thought or consideration of certain facts (all detailed in previous posts) as the MAJORITY of evidence suggests that he has been our most SUCCESSFUL and CONSISTENT manager for many a year and it is they that I refer to....

Your attempt at 'stirring the pot' where I am concerned, is doomed to failure on two counts:

1: You are as guilty as anyone on here of 'having a go' at those (including me, as this post shows) that might have a different view to yours

2: Those who read my posts regularly will know that the vast majority are posted with the best of POSITIVE intentions and those that are not are generally aimed at the NEGATIVE posters who tend to change their opinions based SOLELY on the post they have just read OR the last result....

I will, however, continue to respond where it is my PERSONAL opinion that others MAY be wrong....and I WILL continue to be POSITIVE when it comes to my beloved football club

I am, as always, the FIRST to offer up an apology if I have got it wrong OR if I feel I have genuinely offended someone, as that is NEVER my intent. This, after all, is the best MB on the net and EVERYONE (including you and me) is entitled to an opinion....

Thank you,

Sven

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Sorry, but who the f**k do you think you are to label people as 'so-called' supporters because they rightfully hold a view that they can back up with evidence?

Why do you say that they rightfully hold a view that DJ is not a top manager?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

cause everyone is entitled to their opinion :roll:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

I agree.

But righfully makes it sound as though those who don't like DJ are correct indisputably whereas those of us who like him are wromg

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 pm

i think he means rightfully as in, we have the rights to say hes a bad manager or hes a good manager.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i think he means rightfully as in, we have the rights to say hes a bad manager or hes a good manager.

Yes BB and elwood, this is what I meant. I concede I could have made it clearer :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i think he means rightfully as in, we have the rights to say hes a bad manager or hes a good manager.

Yes BB and elwood, this is what I meant. I concede I could have made it clearer :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Actually, I did think that's what he meant.

Just thought I'd be a bit mischievous. I'm bored this afternoon (Hell of a long way to next Monday) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

Actually, I did think that's what he meant.

Just thought I'd be a bit mischievous. I'm bored this afternoon (Hell of a long way to next Monday) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ofcourse you knew ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:At last someone on here who talks sense. I have said before that all these Dave Jones haters will only realise how good he is once they have driven him out (only then will they be happy. When we are constantly sacking managers and replacing them with someone no better and struggling in the divisions will these people realise how good he is. They should be careful what they wish for.

Alternatively we could wait and see how good a manager DJ is once Craig Bellamy has gone :idea:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

I most certainly DO NOT include Annis in this category and I do not appreciate the inference. HE (Annis) has personal experience of the man and for his own reasons (and NOT those derived purely from 'others' postings on this MB) has decided that in HIS opinion DJ is NOT the man to lead Cardiff City Football Club to the Premiership. I respect that even if I don't agree with ALL of it....

In all fairness to him, Annis is the FIRST to praise DJ when he gets it right....

Unfortunately, there are many on here that arrive at their conclusions that DJ is a 'bad manager' without any real thought or consideration of certain facts (all detailed in previous posts) as the MAJORITY of evidence suggests that he has been our most SUCCESSFUL and CONSISTENT manager for many a year and it is they that I refer to....

Your attempt at 'stirring the pot' where I am concerned, is doomed to failure on two counts:

1: You are as guilty as anyone on here of 'having a go' at those (including me, as this post shows) that might have a different view to yours

2: Those who read my posts regularly will know that the vast majority are posted with the best of POSITIVE intentions and those that are not are generally aimed at the NEGATIVE posters who tend to change their opinions based SOLELY on the post they have just read OR the last result....

I will, however, continue to respond where it is my PERSONAL opinion that others MAY be wrong....and I WILL continue to be POSITIVE when it comes to my beloved football club

I am, as always, the FIRST to offer up an apology if I have got it wrong OR if I feel I have genuinely offended someone, as that is NEVER my intent. This, after all, is the best MB on the net and EVERYONE (including you and me) is entitled to an opinion....

Thank you,

Sven

I don't appreciate you inferring that people, for the crime of not being Annis or having first hand experience of Dave Jones, are incapable of holding their own opinions on the manager. Surely people with a similar viewpoint are going to share similar streams of ideas and notions on his tenure, therefore no one ever truly being original in their viewpoints?

I also do not like the fact that you accuse me of 'stirring a pot'. I may have a cloudy memory, but were you not the one questioning peoples support of the club, purely because of their opinions on the manager? Fair enough if you think he is a top manager, good luck to you. However, do not think that you have any right to claim people are only 'so called' supporters for holding the view opposite to you.

As for you alledging my 'attacking' of your post....well, again, you are the one questioning peoples support of mine and your beloved club, purely because they yet again hold a different opinion. I also must go back to you alluding that other forum members and them 'being sheep. I really find it quite patronising that you accuse people of this. I, and others, are quite capable of formulating our OWN opinions on the manager, without having to shimmy up to Annis, or indeed the other 'side' in Carl - when people have an opinion on something, it is usually going to contain MANY similar elements to those of others opinions.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:

I agree with that staement whole-heartedly but the tone used by 'tylerdurdenisabluebird' in his statement above shows exactly whay SOME (including me) get so angry when profanity is used as the ONLY means of response rather than reasoned argument....

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:I agree with that staement whole-heartedly but the tone used by 'tylerdurdenisabluebird' in his statement above shows exactly whay SOME (including me) get so angry when profanity is used as the ONLY means of response rather than reasoned argument....

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

So you agree with the statement, yet in your post before the one I'm now quoting, you essentially accuse people (other than Annis) of indulging in plagiarism with regards their views to Dave Jones :? :? :? :cry: :cry:

And focusing so much on my use of a swear word (we are adults I thought?) just detracts from my post, which merely enquired why do you think you're so special that you can label people this or that for having a certain viewpoint

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Thank you,

Sven

I don't appreciate you inferring that people, for the crime of not being Annis or having first hand experience of Dave Jones, are incapable of holding their own opinions on the manager. Surely people with a similar viewpoint are going to share similar streams of ideas and notions on his tenure, therefore no one ever truly being original in their viewpoints?

I also do not like the fact that you accuse me of 'stirring a pot'. I may have a cloudy memory, but were you not the one questioning peoples support of the club, purely because of their opinions on the manager? Fair enough if you think he is a top manager, good luck to you. However, do not think that you have any right to claim people are only 'so called' supporters for holding the view opposite to you.

As for you alledging my 'attacking' of your post....well, again, you are the one questioning peoples support of mine and your beloved club, purely because they yet again hold a different opinion. I also must go back to you alluding that other forum members and them 'being sheep. I really find it quite patronising that you accuse people of this. I, and others, are quite capable of formulating our OWN opinions on the manager, without having to shimmy up to Annis, or indeed the other 'side' in Carl - when people have an opinion on something, it is usually going to contain MANY similar elements to those of others opinions.

I started writing a lengthy reply but then thought "NO!!" other than to say it's best we agree to disagree on this one as it's going nowhere....

I am sure you are a decent guy and (as I have noted before) we actually agree on many things on this MB. However, I do have a strong belief that Dave Jones is the best man for the job 'at this moment in time' and we should stick with him for the forseeable future....

That 'others' have an opinion different to mine is NOT the issue. How they put that across and their 'reasoning' is....

Sven over and out (on THIS subject)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm

just gonna say i dont think tyler has done anythign wrong imo. the poster (forgot already...im useless :lol:) pretty much said "so called supporters" dont like jonesy. That is what instigated tyler to reply aggressivly.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:just gonna say i dont think tyler has done anythign wrong imo. the poster (forgot already...im useless :lol:) pretty much said "so called supporters" dont like jonesy. That is what instigated tyler to reply aggressivly.

I accept that....and I think I said we'd have to agree to disagree on the subject. It was just my personal opinion that Dave Jones has achieved a lot for this club but some (and I certainly don't mean 'many' or 'all' supporters) appear NOT to be able to justify their 'reasoning' for disliking him. There are, of course, those (like Annis, seeing as he's been mentioned above) who genuinely KNOW what goes on in and around the training ground and within the higher echelons of the club and are well informed of goings on

I hope that clears the matter up and we can continue 'other' debates without unecessary profanity, as it is rarely warranted and lowers the tone of what is a great MB

I appreciate (and respect) your comments above :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Let's forgive each other for slips of language in these passionate times.
My guess is Sven was thinking "why don't they support the manager" but he wrote "so called supporters". A literary mistake.
My guess is that Sven thinks supporting the manager is an intrinsic part of supporting the club and that they're tightly bound together. As TylerD points out it is also quite reasonable to have a different opinion on that.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 am

englishbluebird wrote:after being a member of this excellent forum for a few months id like to express my opinion of Dave Jones and the job hes done at Cardiff

:thumbup: Sometimes it takes someone from further away to see the obvious !!!

Well said, he isn't perfect but he is a good manager, if he was a badge kisser and bullshitter he would be a lot more popular.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:just gonna say i dont think tyler has done anythign wrong imo. the poster (forgot already...im useless :lol:) pretty much said "so called supporters" dont like jonesy. That is what instigated tyler to reply aggressivly.

I accept that....and I think I said we'd have to agree to disagree on the subject. It was just my personal opinion that Dave Jones has achieved a lot for this club but some (and I certainly don't mean 'many' or 'all' supporters) appear NOT to be able to justify their 'reasoning' for disliking him. There are, of course, those (like Annis, seeing as he's been mentioned above) who genuinely KNOW what goes on in and around the training ground and within the higher echelons of the club and are well informed of goings on

I hope that clears the matter up and we can continue 'other' debates without unecessary profanity, as it is rarely warranted and lowers the tone of what is a great MB

I appreciate (and respect) your comments above :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: