Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FED UP OF NEW FANS BEING ABUSED ON HERE!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:59 pm

it really gets on my nerves when fans on here call new supporters "plastics", its like if they would prefer it if we only had 2,000 watching instead of 26,000 :roll: .... my son is 11 and been a season ticket holder since he was 6 and wasnt about to see cardiff play rochdale on a cold winters night! .... in my case for example, i first watched city in 1975 against southend on a winters evening [3-1 evans 2, alston], over the next 30 years i watched city about 100 times and merthyr [just over the hill] about 250+ times! ... in 2005 i took my son to cardiff and we became season ticket holders the following season [2006/07] .... so what id like to know is what category do me and my son come under "plastics" or "supporters" in your eyes! ... i just think its absolutely brilliant that everyone is finally getting behind the dream and hopefully these new supporters will increase even further and make us a real power in world football not just british football!

Re: FED UP OF NEW FANS BEING ABUSED ON HERE!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:02 pm

AHERNE wrote:it really gets on my nerves when fans on here call new supporters "plastics", its like if they would prefer it if we only had 2,000 watching instead of 26,000 :roll: .... my son is 11 and been a season ticket holder since he was 6 and wasnt about to see cardiff play rochdale on a cold winters night! .... in my case for example, i first watched city in 1975 against southend on a winters evening [3-1 evans 2, alston], over the next 30 years i watched city about 100 times and merthyr [just over the hill] about 250+ times! ... in 2005 i took my son to cardiff and we became season ticket holders the following season [2006/07] .... so what id like to know is what category do me and my son come under "plastics" or "supporters" in your eyes! ... i just think its absolutely brilliant that everyone is finally getting behind the dream and hopefully these new supporters will increase even further and make us a real power in world football not just british football!

True, I don't like that the older fans use their experience of games that happened 20 - 30 years ago against newer fans. I only got into football and Cardiff City over the past few years but that doesnt stop me from loving the club any less than the older fans. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 pm

What fans dont realise is that every fan is a plastic when they first go to the city whether its at NP or the CCS, its the fans that think they are better than anyone else because they can afford to go everywhere with the City and think that they are that special that CCFC is theirs.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:07 pm

The more the merrier in my eyes! We should embracing new fans ! If we are going to grow as a club we need to keep building our fan base! The fact the club won family club of the year shows we are moving in the right direction!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Plastics are a good thing if we are to grow as a club. Today's plastics are tomorrow's hardcore :)

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Quite simply, abuse on the Internet is not very manly now is it?
Wales has a rich history of courage and integrity.
Did our fathers fight and die so that we can snipe from behind a keyboard?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:45 pm

We have a "report" button on every message for anyone that finds anything abusive yet no one has reported anything? :roll:

In my opinion people are going a bit soft but if it does hurt your feelings then report it and a mod will look at it and take appropriate action.

As for the plastic thing I dont really get it, I dont see how someone paying £400 plus into the club can be called a plastic. Even someone who just goes to the games they can afford are not plastics.

The only thing I do understand is when fans go to a load of away games then find they cant get a away ticket for a "big" away game. I can see how that could be frustrated. I think the recenet Wales v England game was a prime example of plastic fans taking over and a lot of "real" fans missing out.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We have a "report" button on every message for anyone that finds anything abusive yet no one has reported anything? :roll:

In my opinion people are going a bit soft but if it does hurt your feelings then report it and a mod will look at it and take appropriate action.

As for the plastic thing I dont really get it, I dont see how someone paying £400 plus into the club can be called a plastic. Even someone who just goes to the games they can afford are not plastics.

The only thing I do understand is when fans go to a load of away games then find they cant get a away ticket for a "big" away game. I can see how that could be frustrated. I think the recenet Wales v England game was a prime example of plastic fans taking over and a lot of "real" fans missing out.

Thats it, wheres that report button

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:50 pm

I've been going down the city since the 78/79 season, I had a season ticket from 1985 till 2004, Unfortunatly i lost my job (and had 4 kids) so my priorities changed, I got another job in 2005 and am still working but on half the salary i was on b4 so cant afford a season ticket.

I consider myself a true Cardiff city fan no matter what. I was there thru thick and thin in the 80's and 90's so i dont think ppl should be labelled as "plastics" cause they cant afford to be at every game.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Oh god what have I started :lol: its the "!" triangle on each post lol

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Hello Aherne i would call your son a true Bluebird and you a *@#* :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Richardbluebird - please do not start abusing the report button!! Thank you.... ;)

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Here'd a lot saying yesterday that you won't see these and I've never new he was a fan.
But my thoughts are they made the effort to come and helped create a great atmosphere.
So it's all good in my eyes
On this point I wonder how many diffrent fans have passed through gates this year.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Merlin wrote:Richardbluebird - please do not start abusing the report button!! Thank you.... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your awake then

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:31 pm

AHERNE wrote:it really gets on my nerves when fans on here call new supporters "plastics", its like if they would prefer it if we only had 2,000 watching instead of 26,000 :roll: .... my son is 11 and been a season ticket holder since he was 6 and wasnt about to see cardiff play rochdale on a cold winters night! .... in my case for example, i first watched city in 1975 against southend on a winters evening [3-1 evans 2, alston], over the next 30 years i watched city about 100 times and merthyr [just over the hill] about 250+ times! ... in 2005 i took my son to cardiff and we became season ticket holders the following season [2006/07] .... so what id like to know is what category do me and my son come under "plastics" or "supporters" in your eyes! ... i just think its absolutely brilliant that everyone is finally getting behind the dream and hopefully these new supporters will increase even further and make us a real power in world football not just british football!

My first game as well went with my uncle a mad city fan who now has pasted away he would have loved to see so many city fans

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Speaking as someone who was at every game during our lowest times. Yes genuinely there and a season ticket holder when we had our lowest ever attendance for a league game, I think it's great to have all these new fans. The more the better. I'd love to see our ground get bigger and bigger and full every game. The younger supporters are our fans of the future who will hopefully bring up their children to be City fans. It's the so called fans that want to blame the club and have a go at the club for the slightest thing that get on my tits.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Hello Aherne i would call your son a true Bluebird and you a *@#* :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i just knew you`d put your two penneths worth in! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 pm

so called plastic fans could turn out to be following in 30years time so you should not judge anybody by how many games they have been to. aslong as they spend money in our club i dont care. WE are Cardiff City FC :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:42 pm

AHERNE, I am one known for my forthright opinions and I have been known to 'have a go' at the so-called 'plastics' that attach themselves to ANY club that looks like they are about to be successful. HOWEVER, I do not think that ANYONE is having a go at the likes of you and your child....you ARE supporters!! I also totally agree that 'time served' in the stands has no bearing on anything, as it only means we are getting old!! :lol:

I can only speak for myself when I say that IMO there are MANY who would NOT be attending CCS if the Bluebirds were not having the successful time that they are....and this has been PROVEN in the past at other clubs. Apart from the usual ManUre, Chelski, Liverpuddle and Arseneville 'supporters' I can also remember the Keegan era at Newcastle when half the population were suddenly wearing black and white stripes and drinking Newcastle Brown!! It was the same with the great Leeds Utd side in the 70's and will be the same with Mancini City....

I would love to think that ALL the new-age supporters of Cardiff City FC are here for the club but we know it isn't true, as the significant number of empty (but paid for) seats has shown throughout this season. Whilst I fully agree that there will ALWAYS be a reason SOME people are unable to attend SOME games (school evenings, holidays etc) I CANNOT see the logic where a particular (sold) seat has NOT been used for the vast majority of a whole season....

Doesn't matter how we term it, it is certainly NOT good....although, like you, I am pleased for the club that 18,000 people have committed themselves to support the club at least financially for next season!!

Let's all hope it's in the Premiership!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Its pointless writing threads on here unless your well known and everyone wants to lick ur ass.

which is fair enough,

but a bit childish?
we are here to chat about our team we have all supported for years not to favourtise members for the simple sake of a who's post it is

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 am

New fans are essential for the future of our club to replace others that either pass away or move out of the area. The extra revenue can be used to strengthen the squad and also used to increase the capacity of the stadium.
IMHO I feel there is very little abuse on here though if a poster initiates a thread that is obviously flawed or ill thought out people will react hopefully without abuse, however I feel some people get over sensitive when others point out the weakness of their argument.
As far as bannings are concerned that is totally up to the people who started up this message board and we should respect their judgement. The day that I can't agree with their actions is the day I will leave here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:05 am

a plastic fan is someone who dont go to games so any fan who does attend games is not a plastic.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:20 am

I live in California so I can't get to the games.
Guess that makes me the biggest plastic around.
Maybe I'll change my member name to ThePlasticFan.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 am

alexc wrote:I live in California so I can't get to the games.
Guess that makes me the biggest plastic around.
Maybe I'll change my member name to ThePlasticFan.

You are very welcome mate. It is never nice to be so far away from the action and if this board helps you to keep in touch and feel part of it good for you ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 am

murphy wrote:a plastic fan is someone who dont go to games so any fan who does attend games is not a plastic.

You need to elaborate on that.

A plastic is someone who claims to support the club, is in a position to go and support the team but does not go to the games.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
murphy wrote:a plastic fan is someone who dont go to games so any fan who does attend games is not a plastic.

You need to elaborate on that.

A plastic is someone who claims to support the club, is in a position to go and support the team but does not go to the games.

Spot On !

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:53 am

I live in Bahrain, so obviously can't attend as many games as I would like, but when I'm back in Wales on hols I do try to attend a game if possible, but I wouldn't consider myself a plastic! I listen to every game on CCPlayer and love Cardiff City as much as any supporter. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:59 am

bahrainbluebird wrote:I live in Bahrain, so obviously can't attend as many games as I would like, but when I'm back in Wales on hols I do try to attend a game if possible, but I wouldn't consider myself a plastic! I listen to every game on CCPlayer and love Cardiff City as much as any supporter. :ayatollah:

I lived in Bahrain in the late 80s. I loved Cardiff as much then as I do now. Then we did not have the Internet or Sky to see any of the games. I only got to one game a year then, will never forget my trips back home. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:20 am

I agree, All these I have benn a fans for 10 yrs should be happy other fans are now coming to the City, It means more money for the club and then they go on about young boys in Cardiff that wears Manu ,Liverpool shirts. If the club is calling for all fans to get behined the team and people from where reply to that call by going to the match, do the so called older fans think they have a god given right to anything more than a new fan that is willing to spend 3/400 pound on a season ticket?
I can go back even more than the so called older fans on here, But I think its great to see all the young ones with there mothers and fathers coming to the games. They are the fans of tomorrow, and where would this club be without them ?

Come one, come all say I , and F--K ! the so called, I have been here from day 1 boys, let them remember they were new to Cardiff City once also !

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 am

Bakedalasker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 am

bahrainbluebird wrote:
I live in Bahrain, so obviously can't attend as many games as I would like, but when I'm back in Wales on hols I do try to attend a game if possible, but I wouldn't consider myself a plastic! I listen to every game on CCPlayer and love Cardiff City as much as any supporter.

I lived in Bahrain in the late 80s. I loved Cardiff as much then as I do now. Then we did not have the Internet or Sky to see any of the games. I only got to one game a year then, will never forget my trips back home.

Things have improved since then ha ha, we get all Premier League games, and at least 1 Championship game a week on TV, they've shown City around 6 times this year, and it's great to see them play. The last game I saw live was the playoff final last year, I couldn't take time off work so had to fly overnight to arrive the morning of the game, and leave in the night on the same day, it was a killer, especially with the result!!