Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

f.a.o carl

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm

if cardiff do finish 3rd in place, would the club take legal action if qpr don't have a point deduction of 10 points or more, i'm sure any team missing the playoff place or automatic would do so.

Re: f.a.o carl

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I think if qpr are found guilty but avoid a points deduction all the clubs down to 7th would take legal action opening a massive can of worms for the fa and football league.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm

I dont see why the clubs wouldnt take action. The date the hearing is just crazy.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont see why the clubs wouldnt take action. The date the hearing is just crazy.

For this reason and this reason alone,I think, they will have enough points deducted for them to finish mid-table and not affect either promoted teams or relegated teams. I think the FA obviously have enough evidence otherwise they would not have charged QPR. If they only fine them, there will be turmoil from other clubs who have had points deducted in the past.
Sad for the fans of QPR yes, but if found guilty they (the FA) will have to be seen enforcing the rules.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:33 pm

what if they get fined can we still complain and challenge

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I dont see why the clubs wouldnt take action. The date the hearing is just crazy.

For this reason and this reason alone,I think, they will have enough points deducted for them to finish mid-table and not affect either promoted teams or relegated teams. I think the FA obviously have enough evidence otherwise they would not have charged QPR. If they only fine them, there will be turmoil from other clubs who have had points deducted in the past.
Sad for the fans of QPR yes, but if found guilty they (the FA) will have to be seen enforcing the rules.

Yeah but QPR will appeal as many times as they possibly can meaning we wouldnt know for sure who got top 2 and who would make up the play/offs, its all very odd

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Sad for the fans of QPR yes, but if found guilty they (the FA) will have to be seen enforcing the rules.[/quote]

Yeah but QPR will appeal as many times as they possibly can meaning we wouldnt know for sure who got top 2 and who would make up the play/offs, its all very odd[/quote]

Not sure how the FA ruling works, but in some cases are there "no right of appeal" cases as in the law courts?