Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ATMOSPHERE V QPR

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:55 pm

after every poor atmosphere we have a million threads about how crap the new stadium and how dead the atmosphere is....

I think this can now be put to bed

An excellent atmosphere yesterday, from all sections of the ground and throughout the game. I would even go as far as to say that was the best home atmosphere for quite some years and I include the vast majority of games at Ninian for our last few years there. The stadium was no different from any other games, the stadium doesnt change just the fans do. So in the future lets stop making excuses about the stadium, man up and keep this atmosphere going :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ATMOSPHERE V QPR

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Yes your right. There are usually loads of posts about how bad the atmos is but never enough about how good it is
:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:17 pm

the atmosphere was quality but still woudlve been better at ninian haha only joking i still think the acoustics are off and alot of noise just gets lost but it was best atmosphere at new stadium and i felt the reason why is the club being lenient about standing next to the away fans.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Phil is right - it was mostly to do with the club being so lenient. I hope they didn't do it yesterday just to suit themselves - it should be every match.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Where i sit everyone sits and remained seated yesterday but still made a lot more noise than usual. Maybe it was the occassion or maybe the extra noise coming from the other sections. Either way it made for a great atmosphere and IMO we have no excuses for poor atmosphere and I wont believe its in anyway the stadiums fault :ayatollah:

People also have to remember it was getting quieter and quieter towards the last few years at Ninian

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:42 pm

The excuse is, if future atmospheres are poor, then it will most probably be because the stewards and club have regressed back to not letting people stand in certain places I.e. 116, 117.

I wonder what people who like to sit had to say yesterday? Not a lot I'd guess. They'll forget how good it was though when the next home match comes around.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:19 pm

was right up there yesterday with Leicester in the league and play off from last year!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Great atmosphere fit for a cracking stadium.

If I ever read on here again about bad atmosphere blame yourselves!! :D

It was electric & if you guys produced that week in week out you'd be a 12th man without doubt.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Great atmosphere fit for a cracking stadium.

It was electric & if you guys produced that week in week out you'd be a 12th man without doubt.
thanks stan but you need to convince our doom merchants :D

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:34 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

thanks stan but you need to convince our doom merchants :D

We have plenty of our own Baz trust me mate.

Some people just aint happy unless they are having a grumble :roll:

Yo'ull have a top atmosphere next week and they will be on moaning about the quality of the bog roll :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:41 pm

We've had the club and stewards doing their best to curb the atmosphere all season, so people haven't been wrong to grumble. QPR was different. If we'd been able to get such an atmosphere going all season then we wouldve been wrong to grumble.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 pm

yesterdays atmosphere was great, watched it on bbc iplayer today also :lol: would love to see that week in week out, who knows...maybe things will change

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We've had the club and stewards doing their best to curb the atmosphere all season

Why on earth would the club try and stifle the atmosphere?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We've had the club and stewards doing their best to curb the atmosphere all season

Stan, ordinarily the whole of the Ninian stand would be constantly forced to sit down - which does severely hamper the creation of atmosphere. That has been done all season, hence peoples criticism of the club.

Yesterday, this did not happen once.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

they want a rugby atmosphere :lol: all of us to sit down and watch the game, no banter no standing etc etc. disappointing but they are still facing a battle from most fans :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh I see.

Problem is these days you get a lot of happy clappers newbie style fans who've never had the pleasure of standing on a terrace & would be the first to complain if someone was standing.

Loads stand at our ground in certain areas & its no coincidence those are the loudest parts of the ground.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:00 pm

exactly and with it only being 2 seasons ago that thousands of our fans were still on the terraces i can't believe the club think they can turn most of us into sit down happy clappy fans. not happening. love seeing fans stand. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm

cheers, I love loftus road but I dont think a lot of our fans appreciate what we have :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Crackin atmosphere yest but wher has it been all season? Can't use the excuse of a sell out as we've had a few this season and its been dead,also cant use the standin 1 in the canton as we stand all season long but its been no wher near as good as the last 2 games,so it looks like the fans r to blame,the 1s who dont make any noise usually :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:25 pm

stan..

what did you honestly make of the atmosphere. loud/hostile/quiet???

it was one of our best, but i had annis ringing and texting from mayorca saying we were geting out sung :oops:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:06 am

milly44 wrote:stan..

it was one of our best, but i had annis ringing and texting from mayorca saying we were geting out sung :oops:

I thought it was loud & it seemed at times as if every single fan in the ground was raising their voice, was deafening at times.

Didn't find it hostile at all, but thought you lads really backed your boys & couldn't believe the so called shity atmosphere I'd been reading about previously.

I thought our merry band of 2000 did well also & when I watched it back on the box yesterday you could hear us loud & proud.

Great stadium, cracking match, good fans & top atmosphere. All the makings of a great day out.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:41 am

THE ATMOSPERE WAS SUPERCALAFRAGERLISTICEXPEALADOCOUS,it was a wondwerfull day with two sets of supporters passionately supporting there team ,both sets of fans put themselves out to be nice,if only it could be the future :old:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 am

i just dont know what people are on about when they go on about the ninian atmosphere, it was terrible most of the time. the bob bank hardly ever got going in recent years and you could just about hear the grandstand from opp. a handful of decent ones in the last 10 yrs. what it did have was an intimidation, a bit like old cold blow lane, old terracing and hostility all around. that shouldnt get confused with atmosphere tho....put it this way if everyone stood up at the css and sang it would be incredible.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am

goats wrote:i just dont know what people are on about when they go on about the ninian atmosphere, it was terrible most of the time. the bob bank hardly ever got going in recent years and you could just about hear the grandstand from opp. a handful of decent ones in the last 10 yrs. what it did have was an intimidation, a bit like old cold blow lane, old terracing and hostility all around. that shouldnt get confused with atmosphere tho....put it this way if everyone stood up at the css and sang it would be incredible.

True. I remember going to my first ever South Wales derby when we drew 2.2. I was on the bobank grange end side and was bitterly disappointed with the atmosphere last 3 or 4 years, Ninian Park had an awful atmosphere I really like the new stadium and hopefully the atmosphere will improve every game :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 am

It's not gonna improve if you get told off by other fans for standing up WHILST CELEBRATING A GOAL.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:after every poor atmosphere we have a million threads about how crap the new stadium and how dead the atmosphere is....

I think this can now be put to bed

An excellent atmosphere yesterday, from all sections of the ground and throughout the game. I would even go as far as to say that was the best home atmosphere for quite some years and I include the vast majority of games at Ninian for our last few years there. The stadium was no different from any other games, the stadium doesnt change just the fans do. So in the future lets stop making excuses about the stadium, man up and keep this atmosphere going :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Atmosphere was great, as was the match with Pompey. I was sat in the grandstand for this match as my mate's got some seats there, and every time I sit there now there's always more and more people standing and singing each time, so I guess the new fans (and some of the "plastics" are starting to learn the songs).....even in the corporate section there was a cracking atmosphere! Credit to QPR too, their fans were great on saturday. Happy days, things are looking up. Can't wait to for next season in the Canton. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
milly44 wrote:stan..

I thought it was loud & it seemed at times as if every single fan in the ground was raising their voice, was deafening at times.

Didn't find it hostile at all, but thought you lads really backed your boys & couldn't believe the so called shity atmosphere I'd been reading about previously.

I thought our merry band of 2000 did well also & when I watched it back on the box yesterday you could hear us loud & proud.

Great stadium, cracking match, good fans & top atmosphere. All the makings of a great day out.

"deafening" well that's good to hear....we are louder than besiktas by the sounds of it :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 am

After their second goal, QPR were very loud too.... At the point Cardiff went quiet as most of us were gutted as believed it was a must win game.... Cracking atmosphere all round.